1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden: “I’ve done everything for the city, but I don’t think it can be fixed”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Allright, I'm scarred from the bubble playoffs. Cut me some slack there.

I however fully support making changes. Year after year Harden is broken down in the playoffs and fades. I don't think altering his game is the easiest way to rack up immediate wins, but necessary. Rockets can isolate all they want in crunch time if it's best, but I think they should do anything to get him to a point where that could happen. It's like MJ and the triangle... they dumped the triangle when they needed 2 points. That's fine with me.

Calling it quits after 9 games is pretty early... that goes for Harden with the team and fans with Silas.

HP3 and D-rock like this.
  2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'll say again, that Celtics tgeam the year before made Kobe look like a quitter, their defense was amazing. You can check the numbers.

Leaving in the offseason as a free agent is not quitting. No matter how you do it.

That whole "I've done all I can for this city...I don't think this can be fixed." Seems to say he's done. If he wanted to illustrate frustration of current play he could have just said they needed to play better.

He said they were not good enough, could have left it at chemistry...but once he said 'talent-wise' he went for the jugular, not sure how they play him from here on out.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, he wasn't serviceable, he was terrible. He shot 20% from 3 and KD scored more than his average for the season AND his average for the playoffs against him.

He was bad defensively and pathetic offensively. That's a guy who should never see the court, not a difference maker in a positive way.

4. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

this is where I agree... And to be fair... Cp3 came off the worst playoff series of his career and couldn't stay healthy and looked in decline... The thought process definitely included that fact and no one could've foreseen new vegan Cp3 being a model of health and back to himself the following season with Westbrook being the one unable to stay healthy even moreso than Paul last year.

5. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Right because Harden is playing for Silas like he has MDA. Dude is sabotaging the team trying to get traded and you cultist are fine with it. It's everyone else.

Lloyd Estacio likes this.
  6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think the point is that CP3 never whined about going to a lottery team with 0% at winning and did all he could to make that team better.

CP3 wanted out the moment he went to OKC but he never came out with a statement like that. A huge difference.

joshuaao and Bobbythegreat like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Silas offense and defense need to be changed.

Even if Harden is traded, no all star caliber player will defer to John Wall. And you can bet that Wood is going to suffer enormously on offense without Harden.

But most importantly Silas needs to commit to a defense because ALL the Rocket players look like manure playing this hybrid system.

And it is Silas fault that the team is not buying in and playing hard/together offensively and defensively, that is the role of a coach first and foremost.

#347 D-rock, Jan 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    ElPigto, HP3, joshuaao and 2 others like this.
  8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Wow. Harden era is ova.

9. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

this is revisionist history... He was terrible in game 7, but Ariza made numerous huge plays in that series and if you look at what KD shot when he was guarded by Ariza in that series..... Ariza did a very good job especially in games 4 and 5.... Stop talking out of your ass

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

This was posted before the post game interviews tonight.

HP3 likes this.
  11. riko

riko Member

He is out of his depth

D-rock likes this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Another media post right around half time.

This was a failure by Silas and Rockets organization, not by Harden.

13. Lloyd Estacio

Lloyd Estacio Member

Or rejoice for a fresh start?

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Go back to Parler where you can peddle your conspiracy theories.

Oh right, they shut that shet down.

15. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

What is Parler? Why do you keep insisting me being Trump supporter? What does that have to do with basketball? I just think it's funny your go to insult is somebody supporting Trump. Because you disagree with them. Ironically, do you realize how Trump like that mindset is? lol

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Watch how offense moves in MDA system vs. how Silas offense moved tonight.

And the defense is not even comparable, it is embarrassing how much the Rockets have regressed.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

If you keep spreading misinformation and ignorance then I will treat you like the idiot you are.

18. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

LOL

19. HP3

HP3 Member

We have so much spacing here

D-rock likes this.
  20. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

L0oK wH0 iS tAlKiNG? LMFAO

Showing video when Harden actually cared like that proves something. Get over it. He quit on this team last season bro. It's going to be ok. Rockets BLOW because of Harden NO ONE ELSE. He can carry this team you idiots fail to realize HE DOES NOT WANT TO!!!!!