1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between Luka and the Mavs and Shai and the Thunder. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

James Harden: “I’ve done everything for the city, but I don’t think it can be fixed”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

14/10/5 in 1st game against Lakers is not really garbage but Wall did struggle tonight. But at least he is not pointing fingers at his teammates and wants to continue competing.

Denovo and JayGoogle like this.
  2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Yeah, I’m not even mad. This was a kick in the pants to the Rockets — “Trade me already.”

I expect the Rockets to play better without this cloud hanging over the franchise.

JayGoogle likes this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This is what I am seeing
    and
    I don't know what the Offense is SUPPOSE TO LOOK LIKE
    What are they SUPPOSE to be doing?

We talk about Harden not cutting . .. . WHO IS CUTTING?!?!?!? I DON'T SEE MUCH F*CKING CUTTING AT ALL!!!
    I see moving through the lane some just to go to the 3 pt line on the other side.
    It is not TOWARD the basket . . . it is more east/west than north/south

Rocket River

HP3, Reeko, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  4. Nimo

Nimo Member

"Balled out for them and pulled them as far as they could go" is the perfect description of most of James time as a Rocket.

HP3, D-rock and JayGoogle like this.
  5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I agree...except for this one time when he's actually coming out and saying that he's quitting.

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Tfor3, HP3, jacoby and 1 other person like this.
  7. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

The only legit option there would be Golden State with Wiseman and Wiggins/Klay + FRP (from Minn) + way off in the future FRPs. They'd probably want Tucker too.

8. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

That's what people are not getting. Everyone seems to be confused on the offense.

I don't care what anyone says.... Wall is an even worse fit than Westbrook was. Westbrook is a terrible shooter, but at least he wasn't afraid to pass it or attack the rim. Wall tends to slow it down an awful lot.

I'm not just blaming Wall because I do feel it's down to Silas for the most part. I do feel that most of the players on the offense are confused as hell.

D-rock likes this.
  9. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Have you watched the games lately? delusional.

10. PWR

PWR Member

There is no plan. That's the main problem. It's a mess from top to bottom.

GotGame15, HP3, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

Yes... and this is obvious to most fairly well informed basketball fans... yet it apparently isn’t so obvious to the Rockets head coach that continues to bash his head on the wall over and over and wonder why he has a headache...and that is a MAJOR red flag for a head coach.

Harden will eventually be traded and the team will likely run what Silas wants more smoothly, but it won’t be great as the players won’t be great... and really good coaches make adjustments to fit their players and so far Silas hasn’t shown any ability to do that.

GotGame15, HP3, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  12. PWR

PWR Member

Agreed 100%

HP3, D-rock and Nook like this.
  13. Nimo

Nimo Member

Agreed. And it sucks but remember it is after back to back horrible blowout losses; obviously frustrated. And he did it without calling any of teammates out. He really thought this team could be a top 3 seed.

Nook likes this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets would be top 4 with MDA coaching.

Coaching and making system fit players instead of forcing players to fit a system is the difference.

mikol13, HP3, Tankeio and 1 other person like this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

Yes. There is no plan and there is no identity with this team and there is no marker for what they are supposed to strive to be... it is mindless with no real rhyme or reason to what they are doing.

HP3 and PWR like this.
  16. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

He was 5/14 and -28. I'm pretty certain he only had 2 assists in the first 3 quarters. The only reason he got to 5 is that the Lakers were playing their scrubs at that point.

He played completely garbage that game.

HP3 and Nook like this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

It also needed to be said... someone needed to say something because the status quo isn’t going to work and the tension with the entire team was thick.... so it was inevitable and better said now than a month from now... maybe they talk about it and it galvanizes the team... maybe it motivates Stone to leave his dungeon and trade Harden... maybe everyone rallies behind Wall... who knows but at least it isn’t the standard quo.

D-rock likes this.
  18. jayfree

jayfree Member

Top 4 and yet another 2-1 series lead loss in the playoffs due to the other team adjusting.

The Rockets were one of the best regular season teams over the last several years, but come playoff time they could never adjust to move the ball away from Harden when they needed and Harden would always look like he was giving up when they clamped down on him in game #4-whatever.

19. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

D'Antoni had epically bad results against the Lakers in the playoffs... and made no adjustments whatsoever. That's 80% of why these two losses are so upsetting.

#1 - Silas is trying something different than D'Antoni, which seems smart given what D'Antoni accomplished.
    #2 - Silas is a new HC, with multiple new players that are critical to the success of the team. There is going to be a period of time transition and learning. The most likely hardships during this transition are going to be against the best team... and the Lakers are the best team right now.

Don't blame Silas during the infancy of his HC career for any of this.

20. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

The first time around, LeBron quit on the Cavs and they burned his jersey. While he was off winning championships and going to 4 straight finals with his friends in Miami, Cleveland sucked so hard that they were able to get Kyrie and young talent. They then flipped talent for Love when LeBron decided to return.

rockets1995, Nook and D-rock like this.