1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Euro-cross on Kelly GIF Request

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Jan 8, 2014.

Tags:
  1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Can someone make a gif of the james euro crossover he did to kelly? It was just nasty.

also if someone could find a video by chance?

Will rep. Greatly appreciated. TIA.

EDIT:

It was not a travel. Read up on the rule book. He gets two steps after he gathers(holds the ball with BOTH hands or Palms the ball). If he is on one foot when he gathers, that is not considerred a step, thus giving him two more steps. It is so tricky and believed to be a travel because it is called a LATE gather and is similiar to a magic trick because it deceives you and creates an illusion.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 BigMaloe, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  2. NotChandlerParsons

3. NotChandlerParsons

4. Little General

1 person likes this.
  5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Looked like a travel to me too, but I'm ok with that.

6. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

7. BigMaloe

that shiit was great. Did you see the post game interview? James said "well hes a rookie so i had to teach him a lesson. It was rookie hazing." or something of that nature.

Great response and funny stuff.

8. BigMaloe

i was thinking it was in game while watching live. but its hard to tell in the replays.

it looks like he crossed over from eft to right hand and grabbed it after his right foot was planted.

either way it was still awesome.

9. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Most def travel.

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

no travel. y'all need to study the Euro-step. It's best done with what refs call a "late gather." In this case, Harden's right foot is well out in front but planted *before the gather* (since it's planted prior to the gather he gets two steps), so the next long step is "the first step" (his left foot that Kelly bit on), followed by the second long step to the right that takes him past Kelly and jumps off that.

Pros are so good at that late gather. You rarely see college who can do it, so it shocks you into thinking it's a travel, but it isn't.

3 people like this.
  11. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

all i see is bucket$ :cool:

1 person likes this.
  12. krmclaughlin

krmclaughlin Member

I know the late gather rule, but even so it looked a lot like a travel. Both hands were on the ball as he was taking the first step with the right. He followed with another left and right, making 3 steps.

Still an amazing fake-out, though.

13. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Harden is so shifty and his moves look so deliberate that the refs can't tell a travel when it's on full display for them to call.

14. heypartner

I saw the gather after the right foot planted. But a still photo could prove me wrong. I'm just explaining that if the right foot is planted well out in front of you before the gather, that is what Euro-steps are made of, and that's what Pros do better than us mere mortals and college players.

The natural dribble is to gather off your back foot (an early gather), it's hard to train your self to gather late after your front foot plants. But if you can pull it off, you still have your two steps.

Another way to look at it is Harden was going against a rookie in the open court and knew he was going to score, so he showed off and had plenty of time to plan his legal "late gather" Euro step.

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  16. SirKen

SirKen Member

They call it traveling in Europe. Nice that he got away with it. I mean Wade could take 7 steps after all.

17. heypartner

Note sure what you're quoting. I can show your videos of NBA refs explaining the "late gather" of a Euro step.

The NBA allows 2 steps after the gather. Any planted foot prior to the gather is step 0, which would be Harden's lead right foot. If a still photo shows two hands on the ball prior to the right foot planting, then it's a travel. I'm just saying that I didn't see it that way on slow motion/stop motion replay.

People tend to believe the lead foot is always step one, but not if you haven't gathered the ball yet, meaning your dribble is still active.

18. BigMaloe

brilliant.

now all we need is one from the back angle that shows kely practically jump 2 feet in the wrong direction haha...

19. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

No they don't, it's was used in Europe before here, it always borders on traveling.

20. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

That. Was. Everything. I screamed in a stranger's face on that play lolol.

1 person likes this.