1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Dolan Refuses to pay KD Max Deal

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BigggReddd, Jun 30, 2019.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol yeah it sucks, but that injury is no joke.

I honestly think they are on the right track finally because before they would blow their wad on any FA they can get. They've been getting young players and staying cap flexible and that's a good starting point.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Kawhi>>Kyrie or post-Achilles KD, and Toronto had an excellent supporting cast plus GS was heavily injured

No, that’s not a Big 3. DJ does not belong if you’re talking about a Big 3, or are u trying to tell me that DJ is a star player?

3. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

They just dropped 80mil on Julius Randle, dude.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  4. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Dolan in financial trouble...????o_O

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't know if him being taller helps though and yes, he's still going to be able to drop 20+ and still be an all-star player because he's Durant but...

What about his defense? His defense was a big reason he was an elite player and if his injury makes him less agile as a 7 foot tall guy how is he going to fare in the modern NBA where these guys get picked on?

I just don't see this as a bad thing for the Knicks.

6. mig0s

mig0s Member

Tobias Harris got 180M. If KD comes back half the player he was he's still better than Harris.

Recovery for a torn ACL is way different than 10 years ago. Lowry torn his ACL in College and he still succeeded in the NBA

7. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

Stephen A Smith - "How stupid can you be?!?!" about the Knicks

8. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

DJ is a top 10 center in the league. Stop acting like the Knicks made the right move here, they just dropped 80mil on Randle but couldn't offer up a max on KD. They're a straight up dumpster fire

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I read 3 year 63 million. They are a young team, acquiring another young player, where are they going to be in 3 years?

10. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

KD is arguably the most unguardable player of all time. His defense is hardly the reason he's an elite player. His defense will be fine, do you not see his wingspan? He's Trevor Ariza on the wing minimum post achilles tear.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

obviously, but I’m not going to laugh at them for not signing KD out of desperation

typical Knicks move would be to sign him and we find out he’s damaged goods or not nearly the same player

they should continue to build through the draft

Patience and MC31B like this.
  12. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Dolan will still be the owner so I’m guessing they’ll still be a sub 500 smoldering pile of garbage.

BigggReddd likes this.
  13. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Typical Knicks move is right, KD is gonna average a cool and easy 25 when he comes back and Dolan is just gonna throw his hands up and make excuses like the time he vetoed Shumpert and Smith for Lowry.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They are just spinning it cause the Knicks were rejected and had no chance once Kyrie went to Brooklyn

malakas likes this.
  15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You are really underestimating the seriousness of this injury, him coming back and just being fine in all facets of the game would be an anomaly.

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

They didn’t drop 80 mil on Randle, and sorry, but DJ does not qualify as the 3rd member of a Big 3.

Randle is 24 and just averaged 21, 9, and 3. They overpaid him by a little bit, but they need to continue to build up their base before they go chasing after stars. If KD didn’t tear his Achilles this would be a totally different story.

Patience and JayGoogle like this.
  17. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

This might be true if he didn’t just crazy overpay Julius Randle.

18. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Title contending. lol.

19. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I'm not saying he's gonna be fine, have you not read anything that I've been posting? He's going to regress, but he's going to end up molding his game similar to that of Dirk's and continue to **** on everyone offensively. Defensively he'll be just fine, no longer elite. That's a max contract player.

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

U don’t know what he’s gonna average, this was an Achilles tear at the age of 30. I think his defense will regress big time as well.