1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Anderson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hrock, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

Am I the only one wondering why Anderson is playing significant backup minutes for James Harden? He has shown he can play pretty decently while Harden rests. Especially when Harden has a bum knee! Of course Harden got his, but you have to wonder how much effort we put into preserving our star player...

2. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Kneejerk by McFail via Samspon to run Harden to the ground. Not good.....

3. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

ive always said that James Anderson needs to play more to rest Harden, especially when we build big leads. He plays good d, and has a solid 3pt stroke

4. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

You're a ****ing dolt.

5. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

James Anderson is pretty solid as a back-up. If you've got two of Lin, Beverley, Parsons in than he'd be a great fit for spot minutes.

6. nobie

nobie Member

actually i think upgrading backup sg is would be very important, if we had better backup sg harden wouldn't have to play so much, so he could give more effort on defense. Just my opinion.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Seems Garcia has that spot in the rotation now.

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Anderson has made some really heady plays in the limited minutes he's played. Hope he doesn't get cut if we do sign AB.

9. rocketsmetalspd

I don't even know if AB will not clear waivers. Stein has reported that the Cavs are wanting to pick up AB so that may be a moot point but IF he is pick up I am with you Anderson should not be cut, maybe Honeycutt will be the one cut.

10. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

11. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

I just like what I saw from anderson...of course I'm not the coaching staff. Im kind of not surprised that they put in garcia before anderson, given his shooting stroke is pretty nice. But before the T-rob trade I alwasy wondered why McHale didn't give anderson some more PT, because when he was put in he made some heads up plays. After last night with garcia given some PT, and anderson only garbage time once the score was ran up on Dallas makes you wonder. =/ Heres to hoping we dont cut him next season.

12. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

In McHale's post-game interview he had a cool story about Francisco making a face cut on Dmo and telling him that that is what Marion will do to him in the game. He said that was huge for him to have a vet there to teach and mentor a young guy. Also he said it showed a high BBIQ being that Garcia knew how to act as Marion on the scout team - that's when he said he wanted to get him some minutes in the game. I think McHale is just desperate to have a veteran voice on the team that can help the rookies without him having to yell at them over every mistake. Not that I think James is bad or undeserving of time, it's just that I don't know what he brings to practice on a day-to-day basis.

13. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I'm so lost?

You're wondering WHY Anderson is playing
    But then you think he should play

:confused:

14. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

I'm so confused! You ask if you're lost but then put ':confused:' faces indicating that you clearly are lost! Why do that?! ...OP clearly missed a negation there ;) But it is something I have been wondering as well. I was also surprised to see Garcia get time over James.

15. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

It's a shame Anderson gets stuck at the end of the bench, perhaps its a practice thing because in game he has done a serviceable job (sometimes even a solid contribution)

A pity he didn't get traded, he deserves game time but our depth is growing and he is perceived to be at the bottom of it unfortunately

16. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Anderson has to be more aggressive in getting shots or making impact plays when he's on court. He plays too passive, and thus he becomes forgettable.

A pity, since his SAS experience would have been great for the Rockets to draw on.

17. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

He'll play a bigger role next season if the Rockets sign a big free agent and have to release Delfino.

18. Anxiety Trooper

Possibly. I like Anderson a lot as a role player. He's always playing under control. You never get the sense that the game is moving too fast for him. He makes good decisions and keeps the ball rotating. I would like Harden to get more rest and get 100% for the playoffs so I would like to see Anderson and brooks play 15 collectively at the SG position. Keep Harden @ 33 mins per until the playoffs start.

19. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Delfino gets the backup minutes for Harden and Parsons. But his shot has been inconsistent and he's turnover prone when he wants to drive. Signing J.J. Reddick in the offseason would be perfect.

20. platypus

platypus Member

Reddick is an absolute stud. He was the reason the jazz lost yesterday in overtime. Hit a huge 3.