1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jame Harden's Game Saving Block on Dort! Clutch Defense!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Sep 2, 2020.

1. riko

riko Member

Great post

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

j3i likes this.
  3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Thats an instant classic play in Rockets history ... not quite Dream on John Starks level of importance, but considering the slander associated with Hardens defense this was monumental. I couldnt believe it when I saw it .. he closed out FAST and man he got up there. James was blocking Dort all game. Add to that ELITE post/paint defense and its funny to hear people now try to attack his offense!!!

ONE OF THE GOATS!!!

joshuaao and Reeko like this.
  4. abaker28

abaker28 Member

It wasn't just the block that was impressive by Harden.

Rewind a few seconds and you'll see Harden splits Adams and Dort, as PJ moves up to SGA.

If Harden goes to Dort a split second earlier, then Adams is wide open at the basket and we lose.

If Harden goes a split second later, Dort gets the 3 off and we live with the consequences of a guy who was hot all night.

Hardens timing was perfect!

joshuaao and Reeko like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member