1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Jalen Rose] Kevin Durant Will Join Harden and Howard In Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Croatian Sensation, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

2. Panda23

Panda23 Member

I used my tears as lubricant.

3. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

OKC is my other team, so it wouldn't bother me, since it would still be within the 'family'... but omg, the rage here in OKC if that happened.

Rednecks marching down south for redneck on redneck violence.

4. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

Jalen needs to stop drinking and apparently planting seeds as well.

5. BigPoppaJay

BigPoppaJay Member

I **** a brick when I saw this. Although I will probably be moving to okc in three months for work, and the company has thunder boxes. So if it happens it will make those much less enjoyable, and yet I don't care. I would give up my first born for this to happen.

6. brooksstephens

As Bill Simmons often says on the podcast, whenever Jalen makes a prediction, you HAVE to pause and give it some thought, because often times Jalen "knows things" as a long time player in the league. He knew about the Harden trade before it happened.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

But to be somewhat serious for a minute, I think the only reason Durant would entertain leaving OKC was if he knew Russell Westbrook was going to leave (or if Westbrook had already left, of course). And I do think Westbrook is going to leave.

The scenario of two LA guys - Westbrook and Kevin Love - going home to the Lakers to (attempt to) restore them to glory (after they miss out on all the FAs this summer and sit in mediocrity for a couple years) is too LA-story-esque to not happen.

So I think Durant will leave OKC, because I think Westbrook will leave OKC. If I'm wrong about Westbrook wanting to leave though, then I think Durant will stay.

As for where will Durant go...

I want it to be Houston, obviously, but I wonder how the team dynamics would play out with this Big 3 (the biggest Big 3 of all time?). Harden and Howard, it seems, have so far managed to split the leadership role. Would Durant be willing to come in and be just 1 of 3? It likely depends on how difficult these next few years are for him. If OKC struggles in the playoffs and/or injuries become a further concern for Westbrook or Durant has injuries of his own, I think that helps our chances.

8. Progs

Progs Member

But Lebrun chokes.

9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

We agree.

Signed,
    James Harden and Dwight Howard, Houston Rockets

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I think Durant absolutely buys into team. I think he cares more about winning than anything else.

11. DocRock

DocRock Member

That video cemented it for me. He wants to beat Bron, and Bron will definitely be on superteams.

He's played for cheap ownership, he's seen bad GM moves, he's gotten his taste of playoff hero-ball without Harden and Westbrook. He has no delusions like Kobe/Rose that he can bury his head in the sand while superteams form all around him. I doubt he'll trust a badly-run glamour city franchise with his future like CP3/Melo.

Houston is the obvious spot. Great owner, young roster, and a GM that's a g*ddamn magician.

12. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Give them Lin, Asik and Parsons.

Obviously, I know OKC isn't trading KD but that would be a solid package.

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

This assumes the Rockets don't win a ring before then.

I highly doubt Durant would join Houston if the Rockets have already won a ring with Harden and Howard.

14. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

he says there is a chance
    0.1% is still a chance

15. bmd

bmd Member

He also predicted that Michael Jordan will return and play a game for an NBA team this season.

I have a strong feeling that this will not happen.

16. bmd

bmd Member

[​IMG]

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I bet Miami fans thought the same thing when they got the second pick in the draft 4 years ago...

18. blunto

blunto Member

I appreciate the insight that Jalen, as a former player who is still pretty plugged in, may have on certain issues. However, to suggest that he actually knew Harden was coming to Houston, well before either Presti or Morey knew (rumors are that Harden was offered to 2-3 other teams first), is spurious.

As for the Howard signing, it's at least possible that Howard made his decision long before the courtship that took place, and somehow info was leaked down to Jalen. That was the decision of an individual, not an agreement between multiple parties based on multiple unforeseen circumstances, as would be Durant's and Westbrook's decision to jump ship.

19. DocRock

DocRock Member

Worked for Lebron ;)

20. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

We all dreamed that we'll get Howard before Morey surprised us with James Harden. Now that it finally happened there's a small chance Durant could come here.