1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Jalen Rose] Kevin Durant Will Join Harden and Howard In Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Croatian Sensation, Oct 23, 2013.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

Who cares about egos. Those 3 could win 70 games. Teams would not be able to guard all 3. Efficiency would be through the roof.

2. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

I literally had the same reaction as bill simmons! man! if that happens we will definitely be the most hated! hahhaa I like it!

3. dragician

dragician Member

After 2 years, Parson will be at the same level as Durant. ;)

4. Play07

Play07 Member

dont think Les would care about luxury tax for KD, Parsons now thats a different story, Asik , parsons & Lin gone that would be $17mill a year right there without even having to worry about luxry tax unless KD wants more

5. Convictedstupid

This is the best thing to wake up to.

6. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I can see it happening it makes sense how Jalen Rose describes it. But is too much money for the Rockets to spend on 3 top 10 players.

7. DocRock

DocRock Member

Jalen also forgot Durant's fiancee is from San Antonio 2hrs away.

8. conquistador#11

if we can add lebron and love we'd be set. and if maury can't get that done, he should be fired!!!

9. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

If you can get Durant to agree you do it and worry about the details later. Arguably you have 3 of the top 5 players in the league on the same team if Howard regains his pre injury form.

10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Um....wow.

Could happen. Won't hold my breath.

11. luhbron

luhbron Member

i am still in my refractory period

12. CertifiedTroll

PG- LeBron
    SG- Harden
    SF- Durrant
    PF- Ryan Bowen
    C- Dwight

seems legit

13. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

if chandler knows this, i think he decides to sign a smaller contract..imagine this five

Howard
    Durant
    Parsons
    Harden
    Beverley

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

i can't study anymore...great...

14. ILoveWhiteGirls

Yeah and I just shacked up with Scarlett Johanson

15. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

Trade Howard to OKC for Durant if it comes to it - longevity over big man legacy

16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The day Kevin Durant is a Rocket, Chandler Parsons isn't. The Rockets would trade him in a heartbeat if it meant getting Durant. As for Asik, he's likely to be gone by the trade deadline regardless.

If the Rockets had Harden, Durant, and Dwight on the roster, the only thing they'd need at point guard is someone who can defend and knock down open 3's. Basically a Derek Fisher type who isn't a cheap, dirty flopper.

17. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

who knows...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/EV6R0906hu0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  18. King1

King1 Contributing Member

19. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

I'm Mark Madsen dancing all over the office today

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Its a nice thought, and if he was going to be a free agent this Summer I could see Morey trying to make it happen, but he has three more years on his contract, and a smart GM who had to have learned something from the Harden trade.

HOWEVER- Some food for thought.

I will say this. I DO believe that Presti will at some point in the next 24 months start feeling the heat of the potential threat of Durant and Westbrook leaving, and start becoming a very aggressive trader. Dont be shocked if Ibaka, Sefolosha, etc. are shopped aggressively if the powers in the West shift to where OKC is the 4th or 5th best team.

Presti is smart enough to know that if OKC doesn't go to the finals a few more times, and doesn't win at least one title, Durant and Westbrook are gone in 2016 and 2017. OKC is definitely going to be a team to watch out for in the next two years. Moves almost surely will be made.

Think about this-

Summer of 2016-

Players surely projected to be under contract-

Howard- 23mil (player option)
    Harden- 16.7 mil
    Parsons- 8 to 10 mil (estimate)

In 2016 Howard will have the ability to opt out and become a free agent. It could be very possible that Howard (most likely declined in minutes played and role with team) realizes he's on his last leg of his career, and decides to opt and out and sign a smaller (year to year contract), but longer contract that pays him 15 mil a year for 4 years instead of getting 23 in 2016/17 and dropping down to 7 to 10 mil a year for the next four years. This opt out could give him 8 million less in 2016/17, but could give him 10 to 12 mil more over the live of his next contract.

If this was to happen, in the Summer of 2016, assuming Harden and Parsons are the only major contracts on the books along with a newly resigned Howard on a new 4 year 60 mil contract, the Rockets could have something between 18 and 25 million to offer Durant in free agency depending on where the salary cap is at that particular time, what Parsons is resigned for, and what other contracts the Rockets have on the books at that time (ex: are Beverley, Lin, Jones, etc. resigned at that point)

If for some reason Morey feels like this is a possibility in 2016, I guarantee you that he will be well prepared to create the necessarily cap space to sign Durant in free agency.