1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen & Jabari

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htownfan_9210, Mar 31, 2022.

1. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Stop assaulting me with your correct geography goddamnit! Just because you’re right doesn’t make it true

..wait

D-rock, Tfor3 and cmoak1982 like this.
  2. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Y'all, name another 7'0" 19 year old Gonzaga player who is an All-Star. I'll wait.

treyk3, D-rock and cmoak1982 like this.
  3. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Agree with this. Jabari’s floor is Rashard Lewis an elite 3 point shooter and solid defender. If he can develop a handle to drive, or offer more as a playmaker then you’re talking Chris Bosh HOFer.

Add Jabari at the 3 with our backcourt, Sengun at 4 and sign/trade for a Capela type 5 and you’re not tanking next year.

seeingredtx, cmoak1982 and D-rock like this.
  4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

[​IMG]

Roomba, ilovehtownbb and cmoak1982 like this.
  5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

This thread took a strange turn. White on white racism? Really? SMH.

[​IMG]

Fulgore, Tfor3 and cmoak1982 like this.
  6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Imagine not wanting Chet because he's white.

This probably also happened a few years ago: "A Serbian center winning an MVP in the NBA in 2021? A maybe again in 2022??? Nah man that will never happen"

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

If Jabari ends up as only "Robert Horry" type player.

I'd take it to the bank.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Chet is not soft.

He may be skinny AF.

But he's one of the most mentally and physically tough in entire draft.

Kid plays with a nasty and cocky attitude.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

FYI - Chet does not rely on explosiveness so the genetic argument is moot.

His length, IQ, advanced skills and lateral agility combination are already unique.

Factor in that he plays with chip on his shoulder then I'm not sure you could reasonably base his bust factor on anything other than his lack of weight.

Certainly should not be based on skin color or country of origin.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Chet should have worn a t-shirt.

Tfor3 and D-rock like this.
  11. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

Glad I got more conversation started…I just want to see it work. If he’s a rocket I’m rooting no matter what. I really hope he beats the odds

Tfor3, D-rock and Verbal Christ like this.
  12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

he is wearing one.

you must have developed the ability to see through selective clothing. Congrats

Tfor3 and D-rock like this.
  13. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

North AMERICAN bro, just sayin.

14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

FYI I dont think you were being racist at all using empirical data to back up your claim - stats are stats. White fragility was on display in some of the responses though.

I think Chet will struggle to be a frontline player in the NBA. He will excel in a support 3&D role early while he develops which is not a bad thing depending on what team he lands on. If the focus of the Rockets is to showcase the most exciting backcourt in the league then I can see Chet on the team blocking shots and shooting open jumpers and being a support player. The quandary for me is do you really take a glue guy that high in the draft?

seeingredtx likes this.
  15. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

100% agree with you. I did say a few things that was showing white men to being frail. I apologize for those statements. I just think we need another franchise player to go with Jalen and The Turk Joker. He seems like another kristoff porzingis. He is injury prone and not a guy you build around.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Mexicans are North American as well.

Tfor3 and BossHogg713 like this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Chet may be skinny as a rail but is not injury prone.

Tfor3 likes this.
  18. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Sounds good, if we could trade Gordon and Tate for Myles Turner we are in the playoffs. However, Paolo is a Superstar; he is a ALPHA MALE Star player who can take over games, he has a high IQ player on offense and defense. In the Kentucky, Duke and all of the Tournament games he was the best player on the court and he took over those games when he wanted to. Going down hill when he is dribbling to the basket, excellent playmaker, decision making and a very physical player. People is turned off by him because he does show any vertical around the basket and he does not block shots. Please, check on YouTube a year ago when Paolo was in high school and he was much smaller and he always played above the rim. Right now, Paolo is too big right now if he lose 10 pounds and just gain muscle you will see him playing above the rim. Guys, watch his high school tape he was above the rim player like Jabari. Paolo and Porter are friends and I know Paolo would push Porter to be a 3 star for this team. Paolo and Green would be elite stars in this league, Martin would be the catch and shoot guy, Sengun the point forward….if things goes great for Houston this Summer we are back in the playoffs.

19. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

"Chet Holmgren will suck because he's white!"
    -"I find that statement objectionable!"
    "smh sweaty, wypipo so fragile "

By the logic shown here it must be determined that black americans must suck at baseball as a rule, considering nowadays you'd struggle to name any that made the all-star team in the last 20 years.

20. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

First. Quote my actual quote ya twat. I said Rarely do white Americans make it to all star level. That is a proven fact. Not a racist response. If I know that black 22 hits at a 10% better rate then red 13. I’m betting on the better odds dude. Relax. I’m not trying to take away from anything white people have done or can do. I also said I think he will be a bigger bust the Oden. A black man. Nothing I said was racist. Your white pride won’t let you open you mind. I really hope all sports becomes more diversified. The NBA use to be all white. Wait is that racist because I just acknowledged that?! My other point on joints/knee and ankles seem to keep getting over looked. Every big man has those issues. Especially that has genes that is natural very skinny. Add weight to a frame not designed for said weight will only cause break down sooner.

never said white players suck…those are your words. We are talking about a very high draft pick I just stated a fact about the odds for him 1 being white and the odds he turns into that player is slim based on past results. No reason to get butt hurt. I am so sorry your feelings got hurt.

I’m not even going to touch the baseball analogy you used. It’s plain dumb.