1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green's Fresno upbringing motivates him to prove people wrong, just not in Detroit

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Joe Rocket, Aug 16, 2021.

1. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

As long as I’m getting paid millions I wouldn’t care….

Jalen Green OnlyFan likes this.
  2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

It's a lot more than 1.5x, more like 7 or 8x

Joe Rocket likes this.
  3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I undid one of the biggest mistakes I have made in my life ....I got the **** out of detroit this past year. My time there completely changed who I was as a person. Its not that its a depressing ass place that's a tundra....its the attitude of the people and the culture, completely dystopian , gaslighting, and manipulative. The person it changed me into at one point scares the **** out of me.

The scary part of detroit is not the "Rundown" scene....but the culture. It kills you slowly. Everybody is miserable there and dying on the inside slowly. Its really diffcult to explain.

Let me put it this way ....I turned down a contract that would have netted me 7 figures in 8 years (to partner) as I would rather work an average job in houston and not wake up every single morning wondering what the point of everything was. That was the turning point...no amount of money was worth my health there. Be THANKFUL AF HOUSTONIANS

4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Yes I would rather live in Houston even in a Hurricane where
    A) it is cultured
    B) doesn't have snow storms (anyone who has shoveled snow can tell you it sucks)
    C) better strip clubs with strippers with way better asses
    D) better food houstin has better mexican food better tex mex food better asian food and way better bbq
    E) state income tax free
    F) NOT GHEtto
    Detroit is so ghetto that the dogs are ghetto too. Last time i went there they said there were neighborhoods with hundreds of feral dogs running around.
    Yes i would rather live in a flood zone than live in the $hit Hole known as Detroit Michigan or Salt Lake city Utah.

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

People in detroit are extremely insecure about where they are from, so everything is a fight and manipulative argument. They constantly have to prove themselves and end up coming across as psychopaths. Maybe the lead water in flint but they dont act normal

Joe Rocket likes this.
  6. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

But didn’t say he would love to live in Detroit or something like that?

Is he now back tracking?

Because if he is it’s not a good look.

amaru likes this.
  7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

True. It's better to keep quiet though.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

there is no evidence that we offered Olynyk a deal…the team was terrible defensively when Olynyk and Wood shared the floor, so they could’ve just preferred Theis because he’s better defensively

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Jalen already checking out night life? Is he even old enough to drink?

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Whomever tweeted that comparing a natural disaster in Houston to Detroit’s decayed neighborhoods, industry, snow/ice and major crime. Mmkay.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...bandoned-hospitals-factories-strip-clubs.html
    • The boom and bust history of Detroit can be defined in numbers. It was the fourth largest city in the U.S. with 1.85 million residents during the height of its success in the 1950s. Today there are fewer than 700,000. The Motor City, once the capital of car manufacturing now has an estimated 70,000 abandoned buildings, 31,000 empty homes and 90,000 vacant lots.
    • Entire neighborhoods across Detroit have been deserted. Over one third of all properties in the city were foreclosed on between 2005 and 2014, totaling roughly 140,000 homes and buildings.

#310 Tfor3, Aug 16, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
    Joe Rocket likes this.
  11. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

Dude is making millions and is like 19 ya I’m pretty sure he’s checking out the night life

Drift Monkey and Joe Rocket like this.
  12. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Mark Cuban crapped on SA too:
    The outspoken Dallas Mavericks owner labeled the famous San Antonio icon as the “muddy ugly-ass River Walk” in a discussion about the Spurs-Mavs rivalry with The Dallas Morning News. “If you go to San Antonio, they hate us a lot more, I think, than we hate them,” Cuban said.

Denovo, Joe Rocket and BamBam like this.
  13. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

[​IMG]

14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

what a POS.

Caesar, saleem and Joe Rocket like this.
  15. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Good lord that sounds rough. Im sorry you had to go through all of that man glad you made it out. The only thing Ive heard about Detroit before today is that people were abandoning houses and they were trying to give them away and also about the water beiing dirty on purpose. Good god this sounds bad. Jalen Green put Detroit on BLAST all the roaches are out in the light today LOL

Drift Monkey and Tfor3 like this.
  16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Houston's is about 3x, both are really shitty considering we're supposedly in a highly developed country, but yeah Detroit is amongst the absolute worst in the country, which is really sad and well beyond basketball bullshit

HP3 likes this.
  17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I support JG’s right to express himself openly and honestly, but I would caution him to try not to provide bulletin board material and avoid inflammatory dialogue.

HOUSTON >detroit

AroundTheWorld and Joe Rocket like this.
  18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

You should check out the rest of his tweets

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

It’s not cool to **** on the city of Detroit full of good people working hard to rebuild that city.

I wish he’d talk ish about the Pistons instead. That’s competitive fire, hating to come 2nd, motivated to prove them wrong. Even MJ did that.

Williamson, HP3, JW86 and 2 others like this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member