1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green's Fresno upbringing motivates him to prove people wrong, just not in Detroit

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Joe Rocket, Aug 16, 2021.

1. DonatelloLimestone

that is fair, choosing thies for defense but still make the trade look terrible if we didn't evaluate that...let alone then we had a team option for mr. defene n avery bradley and also a great vet for the young guy...ignored that too.

Goes far from the point, that I think typically houston is not jut a no brainer over detroit but I Think its a top 5 or so nba destination in what plyers like: warmth, strip clubs, good cost of living, diversity, and tax free, 4th biggest metro market, strong history.

but with bad management or ownership that will keep peeople who have options away from us

2. DonatelloLimestone

harden definitely handled it wrong, hes never been good at PR, stays quiet. hell his mom is his agent. He was no match for the rockets leaked, but I'd wager rockets willingness to 'make things uncomfrotable' just did more harm to us and it wasn't just harden, it was Morey, Tad, PJ, anyone with clout wanted to leave us. So I think harden was wrong, doesnt change that our new owner did him wrong in his championship window to the point that frankly lebron, giannis, kobe, mj, anyone whose at that level would see it an leave. many of them have.

clos4life and HP3 like this.
  3. DonatelloLimestone

also, i think you're logo should be rockets logo a mix of old and new

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I love every second of this, and I'm all in. :)

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. HP3

HP3 Member

Lmao you were whiny. I made like one post about Green. You are STILL CRYING about what Harden did. His covid thing aside, he's done nothing wrong to the city of Houston.

7. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Here we go again you brung the thread down before and you are trying to do it again. You're mad because you got called out for being overly sensitive about what green said and thats it. Just trying to derail the thread and make it about Harden now cuz thats all you have. You have said nothing of substance of relevance since. Another person ignored peace.

#287 Joe Rocket, Aug 16, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
    Drift Monkey likes this.
  8. HP3

HP3 Member

You quoted me dude, dont get mad because Harden asked to be sat and they decided to make him play. Just remember not to be ignorant next time. Dude doesnt even live in Houston lmao.

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

what

even if we brush aside the whole point that he could've demanded an off-season or post-season trade instead of an early season one, he jettisoned Paul for Westbrook. He pretty much finished the implosion on the franchise that Tilman started by never adequately replacing the role players from the 2018 team.

I don't play the jilted-ex role, I didn't pay attention to him last season. But "he's done nothing wrong" strays to far into: WRONG.

10. amaru

amaru Member

Exactly! Too much talk from a guy who hasn’t logged a single real NBA minute.

Nook and YOLO like this.
  11. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Exactly and somehow stating this fact makes you a "whiner" lol

Drift Monkey likes this.
  12. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

This man is gonna have everyone in Detroit mad lol Les Goooo!

13. HP3

HP3 Member

He did demand an off season trade? He didnt even want to come camp. That was a bad move, I know. But do you remember how Cp3 in that second Warriors series. He legit thought Russ was better(stupidly) and wanted him on the squad. But again....this is not done to THE CITY.

14. HP3

HP3 Member

He ignored me, but just so everyone can see. This dude is WHINING about Harden asking for a trade that the Rockets made worse(situation wise).

15. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

No audio for me when I play the video. Sound icon shows that it's on. What am I doing wrong?

17. Jalen Green OnlyFan

If I’m reading his handle correctly, he’s not even a Pistons fan. He’s a raptors fan.

No surprise there. That cold makes people pretty negative. I think they cheered Durant injuring his Achilles.

Drift Monkey, Caesar and Joe Rocket like this.
  18. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Detroit murder rate to national average 153% according to the FBI. So yeah. Don't even bring up Jihad jungle.

19. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Wow he’s wishing the guy has a career ending injury? Pitiful. Jalen talks s*** and will back it up. Love it

Drift Monkey, Tfor3 and Joe Rocket like this.
  20. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Wanted to be No. 1 but not Detroit?! WTF . Speaking in hypotheticals just makes no sense and makes good media drama only. Love the confidence but completely unnecessary comment about Detroit. Seems he is still sour about not being drafted at No.1. Gratefulness can go a long way.