1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green "Yeah we in the Playoffs next year"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Apr 24, 2023.

?

In the playoffs

1. Yeah

59 vote(s)
    53.6%
  2. Nah

51 vote(s)
    46.4%
  1. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Your avatar is toes.

ElDobleK, keeez, Lawlruschang and 4 others like this.
  2. i3artow i3aller

3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I'm ecstatic that we got ime who is way better than Silas but I will temper my expectations bc we don't know what's gonna occur during the offseason

Ime is good coach but he aint coaching our team to the playoffs next season with kpj as the head honcho/pg. That takes a miracle worker

4. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Gurl lemme suck them toes.

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Let's hope this prediction goes better than Jalen's other predictions. Still waiting for that ROY trophy

NewAge and Ancient Moabite like this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

You can tell Jalen has no idea how hard next year is going to be for him. There isn’t a switch that will just get flipped. Brah is going to work so hard, he won’t have time to get a manicure.

fattz, charlieaustin, Deckard and 9 others like this.
  7. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Should be interesting to see what roster is on the floor. Green good player.

8. liveguy

liveguy Member

Not sure why people doubt this.

They needed better coaching (got it).

They need veterans (will get those).

They need additional draft talent (will get this).

They need growth from the young core (this will happen).

They competed for 3 qtrs most games with this current roster, so of course you can and should expect growth going forward with new leadership (veteran and coaching).

Bo6, vator, Lawlruschang and 3 others like this.
  9. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

Trade Jalen Green for Jaylen Brown.

NewAge likes this.
  10. MystikArkitect

That's because Luka isn't a Harden level play maker.

11. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I mean, they are painted black with silver designs. At least they are the manliest colors he could choose. It’s not like he’s out there rocking a French manicure.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I dig your avatar! Good choice. We're definitely going to win more games next season with Coach Udoka. Just don't ask how many more. ;-)

J.R. and i3artow i3aller like this.
  13. Ancient Moabite

Green: We winning 25 games next year, I'm comfy with that

Rockets fans: what a loser mentality, trade this loser for Ivey etc

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

That is true. Beginning of this past season he did say he's coming in expecting to lose. So yes it's a totally different mindset.

Ancient Moabite and Le$$ like this.
  15. Ancient Moabite

he has a decent amount of awareness, plus I would rather my players think they are going to achieve something rather than not, which is why I posted that comedian reply

Reminds me of the past players who felt like they had enough to contend for a ship, rather it was true or not, you want players with that type of thinking

These next 3-4 yrs should be fun and much more competitive

16. Salvy

Salvy Member

Green understands the great knowledge Silas left him will bear fruit in due time...

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  17. OremLK

OremLK Member

These guys aren't dumb. (Well, maybe KPJ is, but other than him.) They knew we were tanking.

Now with a real coach, hopefully a couple of veterans, and some of them entering their third years in the league, we're going to start to get a feel for who these guys really are. Hope we're going to see a drastic change to the narrative surrounding this team.

Lawlruschang and AroundTheWorld like this.
  18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

19. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

He is obviously drunk.

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Playoffs is gonna be tough unless a lot of things go right. The 6th seed this year was the Warriors with a 44-38 record. The Rockets will be hard pressed to double their win total in a single year. Even the play-in is a longshot since the Thunder as the worst qualifying team won only 4 fewer games than Golden State.

I do think they'll win a lot more games simply due to them no longer tanking. Then if Udoka instills a defensive mentality on this young core, they get lucky in the draft(i.e. land in the Top 3), and sign a couple of quality veterans with all that cap space, it's not unthinkable that they wind up with 35+ wins. And it's worth noting that last season, the Spurs had the 10th seed and made the play-in with a 34-48 record.

I think next season will be a transitional year. They'll improve, but not enough to be in the playoffs. It's 2024-25 when they'll emerge as an up-and-coming team in the West. Especially if Brooklyn falls apart and they get a lotto pick from them in the 2024 draft.