1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green will be the Rockets' Numero Uno

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kpdark, Jan 2, 2024.

1. Old School74

Old School74 Member
    Supporting Member

Not necessarily but what they are offered or not offered will tell us all what FO think of them...For example, if they dont offer max rookie extension to Alpi this summer, I think he will leave in 2025. Although, Rockets can match any team's offer in 2025, it would be costlier(potential super max) than if they offer rookie extension in 2024. Correct me if I am wrong

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

How about trade Jalen for Eric "I'm not having fun" Gordon? ;)

3. kpdark

kpdark Member

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Jalen is already 12th in most 3 pointers made through a player’s 1st 3 seasons despite shooting so far below average…that’s how much he’s been chucking

of the top 25 in most 3 pointers made through their 1st 3 seasons, Jalen has the 2nd lowest percentage

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

No.

Jalen's biggest issue on offense is he refuses to play within his abilities. He tries to play like a superstar but he's far from it. His two main problems: (1) He takes really stupid shots far too often and (2) he turns the ball over unnecessarily because he thinks he's an absolute wizard at dribbling. Both of these boil down to low basketball IQ.

Becoming a better shooter would help but, IMO, a lot of that progress would be eaten up by him jacking up even harder shots.

You know how some people are just hard-wired to be poor because they will always outspend their income, regardless? I believe Jalen is hard-wired to be inefficient because he refuses to acknowledge what his limits are instead of playing to his strengths. He locked into a vision of what he should be and how he should play and it's a huge stumbling block.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  6. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

He reminds me a lot JR Smith, there is a reason JR was more of a bench role player. The insane athleticism, poor decision making, streaky shooting, turnovers, I think this is more of the Comp that should be made, not Vince Carter.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think a Gerald Green comparison works

BallSoHarden likes this.
  8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Our coach just lets him chuck away too. I'm sick of it. Yeah, and he took over 1440 3's to make that many. Makes ya wonder how many the guys above him took. He's chucked around 300 3's this year, and it's not over yet.

#1628 deb4rockets, Mar 10, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2024
  9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We are gonna be stuck with Jalen I'm afraid. If we trade him we will have to give up another player or two with him, and probably draft picks, to get someone good. If we make that kind of trade we need a young guy for the future. The last thing I want to see is Jalen getting so many minutes next year. I'm hoping we draft well.

10. OnNotice

OnNotice Member

That 3 ball was hella important to get the W, huge considering he had been missing 5 of them before that shot. Loved the confidence

kpdark likes this.
  11. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

Looks like numero uno now, by default.

12. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

He has improved his physical and creativity abilities at driving. Just needs a jumper to get to stardom.

Bo6 and gfab-babyboi like this.
  13. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

I’m a Jalen “hater”. I want him off the team. But now I want desperately to eat crow. Pls Jalen.

AroundTheWorld and zeeshan2 like this.
  14. kpdark

kpdark Member

15. Bo6

Bo6 Member

He's driving with confidence and every year they should become more and more effective as he continues to gain muscle on his wirey body. Also with each season new rookies join the league so he should start to overwhelm a vast majority of the league with his athleticism. Hopefully he can start to get a favorable whistle from the refs as it seems he does not carry much weight in that regard.

No TO's last night either and made a ton of great reads throughout the game. His handles seem noticeably tighter. Let's hope he can just really start to refine the open 3 mechanics this offseason to make him at least a threat.

16. jim1961

jim1961 Member

52% TS is solid is it? o_O
    1/6 from 3 is downright bad.

#1636 jim1961, Mar 11, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2024
    Denovo and Downtown Sniper like this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I would rather you would be an Amen or Cam crow eater......

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

For Jalen? Probably about as solid as can be expected... for anyone else? Bordering on dogshit.

19. kpdark

kpdark Member

20. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

For Jalen it is, unfortunately.

jim1961 likes this.