1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Jalen Green will be the Rockets' Numero Uno

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kpdark, Jan 2, 2024.

1. cml750

cml750 Member

Jalen has played well lately. Assuming he keeps it up for the remainder of the season, hopefully it will entice some team to make a nice offer for him. If not, the team should not extend him this summer unless he accepts a really low ball offer(he won't). Wait till next year and see if he can continue playing like this. Hopefully he will buck the trend and start off playing well but history says he won't. If he plays well work on extending him. If not, limit his minutes based on performance merit and try again to trade him at the deadline then let him go into restricted free agency likely to not match any offers unless they are very team friendly.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This latest Father news would indicate he would have to pay for the kid so I guess you can assume he would at least fight for a max.

3. kpdark

kpdark Member

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I dunno why people are making a big deal out of who Jalen chooses as a partner .... that just might be his ever after.

Cut the kid some slack ..... start getting concerned when he has multiple baby mommas

BigMaloe likes this.
  5. cml750

cml750 Member

6. cml750

cml750 Member

The only way they should pay him the max is if he continues playing well the rest of the season then starts off next season doing the same while improving and shows he truly is a superstar CONSISTENTLY for the entire year next season. Only superstars should get max extensions and up to this point Jalen has not come close to proving he is worth that much. Hopefully he will prove it like Sengun already has.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Jalen strikes me as someone who is going to have a 25 ppg season and then have a subsequent 20 ppg on very bad efficiency ......

Just not someone reliable after signing the big contract.

What is up with all the young guys having a lisp in their language.....Bari and Tari.

#1587 daywalker02, Mar 10, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2024
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Jalen already had a 5 game stretch in late January where he averaged 30, 7, and 4…he shot 51% from the field and had a stretch where he made 15 of 31 threes in 3 of those 5 games…people were even on here talking about how they’ve noticed a change in Jalen and he’s turned a corner

What did he proceed to do? He proceeded to average 14 ppg on 37/22/71 splits in his next 11 games

I trust Jalen like I’d trust a blind dude to drive me to the airport

9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

A superstar?! *gasp*

They should ban this executive from the media for being so optimistic! Don’t you know Jalen Green is what he is and will never change?

It’s not like he and Devin Booker have almost identical shot volume, efficiency and assists their first 3 seasons. Oh wait…

The only difference between these two’s first 3 seasons is Booker was more of a shooter and Jalen is better at getting to the line. In fact Jalen has turned it over less and been a better defender than Booker was.

I was made aware yesterday by friend @MadMax that Kobe Bryant defied the odds and became an all nba 3rd team player in his 3rd season. For two whole seasons prior with excellent vets at all positions, he couldn’t earn a start while being as inefficient as Jalen on about half the volume of shots despite enjoying the benefit of a winning culture and less responsibility from the start of his career. Also Jerry West mentoring him. Also Kobe always had Shaquille O’Neal on the court demanding the most attention in the NBA. Max insists that there is no chance Jalen’s offense makes a shift like Kobe’s except one season later. No diss to Max, he’s definitely one of the good guys but I was really surprised by this.

Kobe, T-Mac, Booker, whoever in that category of no fundamentals when arriving to the NBA as a scrawny young wing … our last two seasons would have delayed their trajectory too. I firmly believe that. It’s certainly optimistic but not crazy to think: maybe Green is just a year late at taking that step we wanted. Maybe he was never supposed to have that many minutes and shots on a hopeless team to make him look so incompetent his first two seasons.

I hope we hold on to him. Unfortunately I’m not very confident the team wants to keep him. I think he’d be lucky to still be around next season even if he lights it up the rest of the way. His career arc is so unusual, it’s truly super hard to justify UNLESS you believe bad culture and brutal tanking can have that impact. I’ve often said, Green has “unusually late bloomer” written all over his story. He’s a talented good kid who needed a reality check 4 years ago but only just got it.

Good news is him panning out is best for everyone. If he pans out as even 95% of Booker, we have dynasty potential here. If his 3pter is respectable next season and he adds muscle, what’s possible? Excited to find out either way.

10. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Good trade him for Booker

maypk, GotGame15, J.R. and 1 other person like this.
  11. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Take morality out of it and raise your hand if you wouldn’t have got with that lady when you were twenty-two. This story should be way high in the who the F*** cares category.

cbass and fchowd0311 like this.
  12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

As long as he isn't dating girls under 18 and isn't hitting women, no one should care. Let's be glad the controversy is him dating someone too old and not the other way around like the Giddey controversy

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  13. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They have 4 shooting guards shooting over 37% from the 3. Booker is 37.9%, Gordon 38%, Beal 38.1%, and Allen 47% while Jalen's shooting 31.6 this year and 24.7% this past 30 days.

To put it in perspective, Beal and Allen made
    213 of 483 3PT shots and Jalen made 136 of 431.
    Jalen taking 431 3PT shots is nauseating.

A_3PO, cml750 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  14. fchowd0311

Isn't Jalen the father of Beal?

Beal barely plays and Greyson Allen is a role player so obviously their volume isn't going to be as much as Green, a player who hasn't missed a game this season and is one of the primary creators of the team(Sengun, FVV and Green) with one of the highest usage rates.

15. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

That's actually the real question. When will Udoka reduce his 3pt attempts or minutes? The jalen experiment should go on imo but not with this many minutes and 3s. He will most likely get the most of the season, which is okay, but if he comes back and performs the same the first 15 games, he should see a major cut in his minutes and usage.

AroundTheWorld and deb4rockets like this.
  16. a time to chill

When listening to people on youtube/social media talk about this scandal, it's funny that people assume Jalen Green has a max contract coming to him. It's obvious they haven't been watching the Rockets. I find the whole ordeal to be hilarious. For one, Jalen was stupid enough to let this happen, and two, Draya got with Jalen who isn't even on track for a max contact. She should've used Jalen to get next to Sengun and had a baby for him.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know about you or others who must have been down bad at the time, but I wasn't hitting up the old folks home looking for ass when I was 22. I'd have told grandma to get her ass home because I wouldn't have had time for anyone over 30.

You don't dick around with a used car with 900K miles on it when you are capable of getting a new car.

18. fchowd0311

We are now entering some serious misogyny territory comparing women over 30 to used perishable items.

19. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's a load of BS.
    Beal averages 32.6 min and Allen started 5 less games than Jalen, averaging 33.6 minutes per game. Jalen averaged 30.8 min.

I'm so tired of Jalen excuses. He has NO business taking over 431 threes this season when missing 298 of them!!!

#1599 deb4rockets, Mar 10, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2024
    AroundTheWorld likes this.
  20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It doesn't matter if you don't like it, humans are perishable. Some take longer than others, but it is inevitable. The milk will eventually go bad, it's just a fact of life....whining about what you foolishly perceive as "misogyny" can't change that my guy.

It's objective fact that the 25 year old version of her was simply superior to the current 39 year old version....you can say that about pretty much anyone male or female.

Lie to yourself if you have to, but when you attempt to lie to others, it's not going to go well for you. You'll only be met with ridicule and laughter.