1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green will be the Rockets' Numero Uno

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kpdark, Jan 2, 2024.

1. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Oh well if Sam Amick says it's true...

:rolleyes:

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He isn't even the original source. He's also making assumptions from one Iko statement about potentially looking for a star. The same guy who said the Rockets might deal Sengun over the off-season.

This like a Russian nesting egg 3 level inception of sourcing.

3. kpdark

kpdark Member

JG4 is being used as the smokescreen...

meaning...

he won't be traded.

someone else is

[edit]

someone with same 'value' ??? o_O

#483 kpdark, Feb 1, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2024
  4. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Which one is the reputable guy, Sam Amick or Sam Amico? I know one is legit and one is a clown but can never remember which is which.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

We are going to have to trade at least 2 of our 6......so don't get too close to anyone.

DD

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  6. Ish

Ish Member

I don't wanna see Green gone but it's probably him and tari Eason.. his name is all over the place , with like Knicks wanting him for Grimes probably

7. invocux

invocux Member

Pls be true

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Jalen Green looked like a complete joke until like 3 games ago, so I wouldn’t be surprised if the Rockets had gotten to the point where they were seriously considering moving him

cml750 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

It also makes sense to continue seriously considering moving him. If he isn't a guy they are going to feel comfortable paying, or depending on to build around, moving him this deadline makes sense.

As much as I'd like to believe this year's spontaneous post mid-season hot streak is the new Jalen, he's fooled us twice before. Selling on a high note is a risk/reward Stone/FO/Ime are going to have to do the math on over the next week.

10. fchowd0311

Has he really been hot? He's shooting a pedestrian 36% from three the past 5 games while averaging 30 ppg on 60% TS. Hot shooting isn't really why he's scoring this much recently.

BigMaloe and cmlmel77 like this.
  11. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Just keep improving Jalen

12. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

That would be such a bad trade. If Stone does that he needs to be fired on the spot.

13. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Yeah Jalen's issues are all mental. He seems like a emotional guy. Once he gets through that he's clearly the best player we have. We need to hold on to him

14. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Of course he's been hot. I said hot streak - not hot shooting, or just hot 3PT shooting. Call it a hot streak, a groove, in his bag as the kids say, whatever. My outview is that Jalens has some serious confidence issues that heavily dictate every aspect of his game. It's the only thing that I can imagine that changes the entirety of his game in such a dramatic fashion on the flip of a dime.

I've been saying this since his rookie season, his inconsistency looks like a lot of anxiety leading to low confidence and poor IQ.

I've struggled with anxiety for as long as I can remember, and it severely affects my performance when under pressure, and as of now, I've never gotten over it. I'm sure I'm far from unique. Sports once you get past the physical thresholds are like many things in this life, all mental. The difference between Michael Jordan and Terrence Williams is pretty much all upstairs.

Maybe Jalen hits a switch and never looks back, maybe he's going to have a career of inconsistency like many of the league's bench scorers throughout history. Stone/FO/Ime have to do their best to figure it out so they can continue to make decisions in the attempt to grow us into an elite team.

Os Trigonum and fchowd0311 like this.
  16. fchowd0311

All I'm saying is that I would be less hopeful of sustainability if his current stretch was propped up from him shooting like 45% from three. Then I'd be like "ya this just might be him being streaky from three and he's just on the good part of his streakiness "

I agree Green has confidence issues and is the main source of his streakiness and often turnover prone handle which he has significantly tightened up on the past few weeks. Also keep in mind he probably has the most burden placed on him being the highest draft pick and the first draft pick of this rebuild.

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Get Jalen in therapy. Tom Brady saw a sports psychologist at Michigan and became GOAT.

Dobbizzle and fchowd0311 like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This is only one aspect, I think another is that changing playstyles or changing Offenses from a more uptempo AAU style of your turn my turn to a more half court setting would come very difficult to him.

As folks pointed out Pre-Udoka coaches always let him play the free spirit kind of player, now he is squeezed in a corset so to speak and has to defend the crap of himself.

• He is not as fast of a learner as he is a runner...... He is this hug it out, hey breh kind of player, bottling everything up inside....heavy rhythm player, truly heavy.
    • I now can imagine why certain teammates bark at him, he seems to be sleepy in moments not being aware of what is going on. (probably also not getting that teammates are pissed and should not be addressed)
    • The most worrisome ---- not a quick reaction guy mentally
    • No switch of when to shoot less.....he shoots almost the most shots on the team whether wins or losses

#498 daywalker02, Feb 2, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2024
  19. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Jalen is really talented and he can do things no other guard on our team can do

Dobbizzle likes this.
  20. cml750

cml750 Member

Trade him now that he has redeemed at least a little value before he regresses to the mean. The fools gold looks its shiniest right now it is time to sell it.