1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green will be the Rockets' Numero Uno

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kpdark, Jan 2, 2024.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

The Rockets are actively shopping Jalen Green.

DD

BlastOff and Plowman like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

while Jalen’s 3 point shooting averages out to 33%, his problem is that he is so inconsistent and unreliable with his shooting it’s unreal

he’ll go weeks shooting 20 something %, then all of the sudden be a 40% 3 point shooter on high volume for 5-7 games…rinse and repeat for the whole season

before his incredible 8 game stretch at the end of the season, he was 10-37 (21%) from deep heading into it…then he shoots 48% from deep on 11 attempts a game including several times where he’d shoot and turn around to start heading back on D before the ball swished through the net on some Steph sh*t…but after that 8 game stretch, he shot 27% from deep the final 9 games of the season

Jalen raised his 3 point shooting from 31% on the season to 34% off that 8 game stretch alone

I truly wonder what triggers these hot spells because it’s not like he’s injured when he’s missing all these shots

the way this man fluctuates between Tony Allen and Ray Allen at the drop of a dime like he has split basketball personalities is insane

BigMaloe, Strawberry Gum and jim1961 like this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

First time seeing a 19-22 year old guard asked to generate most of his own offense?

I understand for Rocket fans this is the first time experiencing complete rebuild where we watch 19-22 year olds with high usage.

Previous eras, Francis and Yao joined the NBA at the current age of Jalen Green who is about to be in his fourth year.

As a life long rocket fans, I get it. We aren't used to watching players this young asked to "cook"

BigMaloe and Dobbizzle like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

the way the rest of Jalen’s game would open up if he just shot an average percentage like 36% or so and was a consistent shooter :eek: (not 30% from deep for months, then 40% post-ASB to average 35-36%, just consistently averaged around 36% from deep)

all of the sudden he’s 20, 5, and 4 on 44/36/80 splits in year 3 which is more than fine, and those scoring numbers would likely look even better because he could then utilize that blow by ability much more effectively

36% on the 7 threes a game Jalen takes is flirting…33% on that same number of attempts is harassment

jim1961 likes this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

just chalk up Jalen’s extreme fluctuations to usage even tho his usage remains high whether he’s bricking or making everything in sight

[​IMG]

the same bot ass response to every post that brings nothing to the table

Plowman, jim1961 and dmenacela like this.
  6. dmenacela

dmenacela Member

Bye bye Jalen

Plowman likes this.
  7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Buddy have you ever played a full court basketball game?

A 19-22 year old kid jumping to 82 game schedule with this many games crammed per week, being put in as a starter with a high usage is going to cause severe fluctuations.

One common misconception people have about young players is their stamina. People believe younger guys should be able to stay on the floor longer and expend more energy. No. Younger players are less prone to injury. Younger players though have worse stamina than vets who've experienced these NBA schedules playing 35 minutes a game for multiple years.

I mean look at Green the season before. He was around 39% on "wide open 3s". Not excellent but respectable. He dropped to 32% this season. Why? Because he was asked to do things that he wasn't asked before, primarily exerting significantly more defensive effort. That's going to tire out legs. Make your jumper less consistent.

The hope is that he's getting conditioned to hopefully be able to exert adequate energy on defense, play 25 minutes per game for 70+ games in a season and still have the legs for a consistent jumper.

8. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Jalen needs to grow up on and off the court. Gifted but his decision making is questionable at best

mikol13, Plowman and cml750 like this.
  9. cml750

cml750 Member

Where did you see that? I think they were before his streak but I am not so sure now. Personally I want to see how he starts off this season. If he can finally show he can become a consistent player he is definitely a keeper. If not then they should take whatever they can get at the trade deadline or let him leave via RFA if no trade comes along.

10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

If you pay attention the same Jaters who have been on his dick from day 1 are still there today. Nothing is going to push them off that hill. Many of them now are Reed Sheppard cheerleaders because his acquisition would in their minds signal a reduction or replacement of Jalen Green on this team. Like I said earlier if the stats painted Jalen as efficient and "worthwhile" they would go back to making fun of his nails. Noticing bias and then watching it squirm around is a great bit of fun especially when I watch defenses go all out to limit Jalen during games and cant help but chuckle because according to them he's not even that good!

Check it out Jalen is a top 20 most double teamed NBA player -- why is that? Not even Sengun gets that attention. :rolleyes:

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask?q=most+double+team+player+per+possession+2023-2024

BigMaloe and Dobbizzle like this.
  11. Hemingway

Hemingway Member
    Supporting Member

Sources or is the some weird clairvoyant crap?

clos4life and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

He definitely needs to mature

Plowman likes this.
  13. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Same goes for all the Jalen apologists.

Painting all who call into question his efficiency this way is pure BS. I have never once talked about his nails.

#2733 jim1961, Jun 24, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2024
    Easy and Plowman like this.
  14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I have some sauces in other orgs that know Rocket's people.

1. Jalen is being shopped
    2. Rox prefer Sarr and Sheppard
    3. FVV is considering taking a lessor salary in year 3 for a longer term extension
    4. Rox value out of all 6 Tari, and Cam the most.
    5. Rox not sold on Jabari so far, don't see him much more than a role player
    6. Rox love Sengun, but would trade him for a top 10 player

And some other little stuff, but that is basically what I was told.

Oh, also that Roosh Williams has REAL sources......

DD

Shark44 and BlastOff like this.
  15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I made a blanket statement and somehow you felt it applied to you too. You kind of told on yourself there Jim.

When "efficiency" is quantified as one more made shot per every 3 games the atom splitting is self serving. I've been able to support Jalen while at the same time calling him out for being bad when he is. You guys have convinced yourself that his highs are normal and nothing special.

16. clos4life

clos4life Member

Interesting.

17. Hemingway

Hemingway Member
    Supporting Member

Judging by how wrong you have always been, I think you have poor sources. There is no way in hell, the Rox value Tari and Cam the most. If they do, the whole front office should be fired. The FVV news if true would be good if the salary was reasonable enough for him to be a backup in the 3rd year or so. I do think the Rockets would be willing to trade Jalen or Jabari for the right price, but that price would be astronomical.

BigMaloe, Dobbizzle and fchowd0311 like this.
  18. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Thats the thing about blanket statements, they ARE all inclusive.

They aren't special when they represent who he is <25% of the time.

19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Tyreke Evans right? :D

20. j@amc

j@amc Member

I see no sources and hear that they aren't shopping. But they should be.

Green's value is almost at a peak level today. He's coming off a good streak of play that could signal maturity. That's when you sell: when there is a draft bereft of scorers, and you want more vets and future draft capital. The Rockets will need to move someone because they have a cluster of young assets, parts that don't quite fit together. They certainly aren't enough to compete in a playoff series.

subtomic likes this.