1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green will be the Rockets' Numero Uno

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kpdark, Jan 2, 2024.

1. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Nice breakdown..

Amiga, BallSoHarden, srrm and 4 others like this.
  2. Ancient Moabite

Pretty sure he flashed this in the previous games with rollercoaster (in)consistency, just not that vintage 15 game stretch where the anti club members start getting nervous and start saying 'I can't believe this' or the fav cliche ''hopefully/I hope he can keep this up'' etc etc etc

Well the 15 game initiation has arrived, with a possible WC POM

Saint ''JG4'' Issa..... The Nabi & Fluke

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

#2203 zeeshan2, Mar 30, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2024
  4. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

It's really not the only story worth telling though, is it? If it was, then you'd all have been right on Jalen being a bust. If you'd paid attention to him having achieved more high-scoring, high efficiency games at his age than damn near anybody in history (and the few with more are literal megastar level players, fyi) and not just discounted them with "but muh advanced Morey stats" you might have seen this jump coming, like many, many people did. Just a thought.

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This was a bold post on 1/2/24.

ramotadab and kpdark like this.
  6. kpdark

kpdark Member

7. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

we have to hope that one day he becomes a league average player.

Bo6, ramotadab, Dobbizzle and 4 others like this.
  8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I just checked. For the first time in Jalen's career he has a positive BPM.

9. kpdark

kpdark Member

10. kpdark

kpdark Member

Numero Uno
    The One
    Neo

and there's this ----- Only One

[​IMG]

:D

Dobbizzle likes this.
  11. kpdark

kpdark Member

12. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

30/7/4 over the last 10.

All wins!

Very nice

13. Ancient Moabite

I bet his TS% and 3pt% are strong during those 10

kpdark likes this.
  14. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Hahahaha I had to go back and quote this pompous garbage ass post now you look like even more of an asshat. You're DEFINITELY one of those "experts" who started watching NBA basketball around the time Alperen Sengun started playing NBA basketball, and it's so, SO obvious.

15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

He wanted Simons or Monk that's so funny.

16. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Remember when I said (several times) "just wait until Jalen realises he can just jump over people, if Ja can, he can with ease" and everybody told me I was wrong and that could never happen?

Never ever listen to Clutchfans members when they talk in absolutes, especially if they're on the same side of the argument as DD...

17. Mathloom

Supporting Member

I'm with you. People were talking about him focusing on his mid range, I was 100% sure that Jalen needs to attack faster and more aggressively like a Morant.

The space he's being given on 3pters has everything to do with how much of a risk it is for him to beat you. With no rim protector back there defenders are forced to give him space on his step backs and PnR. That elevates his 3PT%. That's why he's a better 3pt shooter when we're playing more on the perimeter as a team. If you take away the paint, everything suffers. That will change with time but it is who he is right now.

ramotadab, kpdark and Dobbizzle like this.
  18. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I don’t think that’s statistically valid on the 3 pter side. Stats were posted a few weeks back that showed Jalen Green’s open 3 pt shots were about the same before the recent surge, he is just now making them which is opening up the lane. Before, they could just back up and let him shoot. I do think he has had a mental breakthrough and it shows in his aggressiveness on both sides of the floor and he seems to be making much better decisions.

Most of the reasonable posters have said all along that if he could become and average or above average 3 pt shooter for a SG then the superstar moniker was attainable. I have to admit that I became disenchanted with him 50 percent through the season and was ok with trading him for a good return. I was also with you about playing faster and pushing the transition game, but it was always reliant on Ime trusting Amen and Cam.

Easy likes this.
  19. kpdark

kpdark Member

20. Mathloom

Supporting Member

That's a larger argument to be honest I'm getting tired of having (nothing to do with you of course). I can't be convinced that rhythm, pace, frequency and distance from basket don't matter or haven't changed. At the very least by my definition of a shot, these are not the same shots, even if he's making some of the same ones he used to miss.

For me Jalen was going to break out wherever they played with pace and space. Was never in doubt about that.

kpdark likes this.