1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green will be the Rockets' Numero Uno

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kpdark, Jan 2, 2024.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

So what am I exactly saying that made you type this post?

The fact that I said that we should look at trade offers for Green if he plays the same way by the end of the season? The fact that I think Sengun should easily have the highest usage on the team?

What specifically made you type this post?

Is me saying Green is better than Whitmore or Amen that offensive to you that you needed to type this rant?

You aren't welcomed. Be specific with your complaints.

I guarantee you that I've stanned for and defended guys like Sengun significantly more than atw has stanned for and defended Jalen. I am very confident in that regard so please try again and a little less condescending and a little more specificity on your qualms with me.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  2. plegus

plegus Member

You can not ask me what *exactly*. I am talking about a pattern of 3 years here and this has nothing to do about Cam or Amen and you know it. I am not going to play technically correct game with you. I am not condescending I just dont like BSing. Trying to be straightforward, you can leave it if you do not like my approach.

NewAge likes this.
  3. fchowd0311

Scrub to the second play at 15 seconds

Here's a behind the back dribble green is doing. He's done these type of dribble moves multiple times.

Scrub to 20 seconds

Here's him at age 19 doing a double cross move and then euro right after and that crossover is violent and against a damn good perimeter defenders in Clarke

Here's him at age 19 splitting a double with his handle in a tight space.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  4. fchowd0311

What is "technically correct" here mean?

What warranted you to type this now? Do you just read the posts of mine praising green and ignore all the times I've said I'm disappointed? I argue specific claims about Green. Him being disappointing doesn't mean his handles are worse than Amen now as an example. What there is extreme enough for you to get triggered for a rant here?

5. plegus

plegus Member

I specifically said, or lets say implied you are factually correct very most of the time. Dont get me wrong. This is more about general picture, how people behave etc. I am a random internet persona, ignoring only trolls here and I really want to read your well documented posts, hence the rant.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  6. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Member

Cam is as talented and blind-sided and low-IQ as Jalen in terms of offense, and both sucks at defense. Both may become sparkly on offense, like TMac, Marbury, etc. I still like them both. BUT OP and others, these posters yo all really need to realize that NBA is big man's paradise now. Big man is rare and more successful. Just check espn scoreboards every night, 83% of team's best stat guy published there are either C's or PF's the last 2 seasons.. so Cam or JG does not matter. One of them need to be consistent on shooting while learning Def.101. I want them both to develop a sense of defense just like Sengun did on his third year. just a sense. anything above is what decides who to keep. JG Cam Tari Jaba Wizard and all the mature signings are great in terms of team chem. respect to Jeff, Vleet, Vacation, and of course DB. The rest of squad other than BOBAN, replace asap.

7. fchowd0311

Maybe pay attention to when I praise other players and express disappointment and even a desire to give up on Green given he stagnates for the rest of the year. Maybe blame absurd discourse on Green for me going on back and forth a because I usually tackle extreme anti&Green rhetoric head on.

plegus likes this.
  8. plegus

plegus Member

I flat out ignore those, can not blame what I dont see. But ok, I will try to ease my opinion. It actually helped me to address and to talk to you directly.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  9. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Agreed....

Potential is there to be one of the better ball handlers. At least good enough to be a top player in the league.

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I'm not doing anything to @Clutch - @Clutch built the best NBA fan community in the world, for which he deserves all respect from everyone.

I am also pretty sure @Clutch knows more about basketball than I do, and probably a lot of people on this site do. I never played, just became a fan of the Rockets when I studied in Houston 95/96. Without Clutchfans, it would have been impossible to keep up with the Rockets, being back in Europe. Back then, it was IRC chat. Watching the games was hard/impossible.

Thanks to community members like @Rockets2K (RIP) and @DaDakota I was then able to watch games via torrents and League Pass, before becoming a League Pass subscriber myself.

When it comes to Alpi, @Clutch has had his own opinion, which may or may not change over time. If I tease @Clutch sometimes about it, doesn't mean I am not grateful for all @Clutch has done to allow me and us to keep following the team and the sport.

That said, I hope @Clutch will eventually join the dark side and become a Sengunatic himself :D. My interest in the sport just increased when I watched Alpi play the first few times - I like the creativity and style of play - I was pretty sure he was going to be great for the Rockets. Looks like my instincts might have been correct on this one for once - even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Easy and cml750 like this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

IvanLCPM and AroundTheWorld like this.
  12. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Nah, because Jalen has 40pt games with over 60% shooting and 50% from 3. My 10 year old nephew has a better jump shot than Amen. If you genuinely think that Amen has more developed basketball skills I don't know what to tell you tbh, maybe go get your eyes tested? Less than a year in age between them, SEVERAL years of development for Amen to remotely catch up.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  13. plegus

plegus Member

Hey I wanna make sure that I have no intention to imply otherwise. You know how I mean, I directly told you about it I just think it is making some things harder thats all. Wanted to tag you to let you know I was referring you. Also the rest of the sentence you quoted is very integral for my point :rolleyes: Hope its all well.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

He is fine, but I have banned him for now.....

I may or may not let him back.

DD

15. plegus

plegus Member

Sorry I dont understand, did you ban or ignore him? Just to be sure, are we talking about ATW? If so (ban), I feel somewhat responsible now, which is not cool (lack of a better word I guess). I feel like I should take a break from posting in this case, please let me know DD.

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

17. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

This guy is not efficient man.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Green is Numero Shooto.

19. kpdark

kpdark Member

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Hey, KPJ ok, but not NIX....come on now.....facts matter.

DD

cheke64 likes this.