1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green vs. James Harden as rookies? any comparison

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HardenVolumeOne, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

I think Harden could’ve averaged 15, 4, and 4 on decent efficiency for a rookie if he was on a bad team

Harden’s main issue as a rookie is that he couldn’t finish at the rim in the halfcourt shooting a miserable 47% from 0-3 feet, but after his rookie season, he never fell below 62% right at the rim

then by his 3rd season he’s already a borderline All-Star/top 20 player as a bench player who’s making the Olympic Team

jump shooting ability was never a problem for Harden…Jalen Green has a weird looking shot and takes a lot of difficult attempts…Harden also always had god-tier BBIQ

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

HardonVolumeOne vs GreenVolumeOne?

3. Rokman

Rokman Member

Here's a thread idea for you. How about you do a poll on which former Rocket star is Jalen Green's game most like? Who's career do you think his will most closely match, and why.
    Then the results could be like:

Harden
    Martin
    McGrady
    Francis
    Mobley
    Drexler
    Floyd
    Murphy

(Notice I did that in timeline order - Add anyone else in there you like. The more options the better.)

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Was Harden iso god at 19?

**** my bad, Harden wasn't in the NBA at 19 yet.

How can you write off a 19 year old not forming a great iso game? He definitely has the early signs of advanced footwork for it. His main disadvantage now is strength which is acceptable at 19. He hasn't even fully grown yet.

5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

The two whom I may see a similar type of game from on that list comparing JG would be Tmac and Clyde. He's got a little of both of those guys in his game IMO. Looking at each one's rookie season makes me feel better. Thanks!

topfive likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Also at 20 which is a year older than Green, Harden's rookie year wasn't particularly efficient either. Ya his 3pt% was good at 37% but on a very small amount of attempts per game which was 3 which tells me he was only taking clean open looks. His overall fg% was 40% which says that he was really poor inside the three point line his rookie year. This also is within the context that Harden had objectively better talent around him to have better spacing. Durant was a top 5 offensive threat in the NBA by then and Westbrook was a top sophomore.