1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green vs Ant Edwards - who will be the better combo/sg when all is said and done

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kpdark, Aug 22, 2023.

?

combo/sg of the future

1. Jalen Green

42 vote(s)
    26.4%
  2. Anthony Edwards

114 vote(s)
    71.7%
  3. others

3 vote(s)
    1.9%
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Do you understand photography and that can skew things ........you can make anyone look bigger or shorter.

They are using a lens that is like in a theme park with those skewed mirrors.

Sometimes the Only fans in people really speak for itself.

[​IMG]

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ya let's discuss. The first picture is two players on the same plane standing directly shoulder to shoulder with their shoulders again on the same plane.

And the picture you provided has Green farther away from the camera.

Ya perspective. You should understand it and actually utilize it rather than just understand the vague notion of it.

Literally with your own picture it's pretty clear Green is taller when you compensate for Green behind further away.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol you see clearly that the lens is oblique or slanting......if your eye cannot even see that, you and I need to see an eye doc.

You can easily detect that by looking at the surroundings, their teammates are weirdly shaped and contorted.

At least my picture is from Getty Images.....a well respected brand.

Also height does not mean anything....Shawn Bradley could do shet against Shaq or Mourning.

Closer truth is both are about the same, one might be a micro inch taller, who cares....lol.

#183 daywalker02, Oct 9, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2023
  4. fchowd0311

Old video of Green still in high school vs Ant. From watching this it seems clear Green has an inch on him in this video

5. fchowd0311

Lense distortion doesn't distort the massive difference in where their shoulders fall dude. Lens distortion doesn't happen at the center of the image.

6. NewAge

NewAge Member

Oh I don't know that, I was going by his media and interviews... But, seriously, what has the world come to?

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

In high school, do you even know old that was.....both of them grew......

I do not what is with you and your personal pissing contest but it was crystal clear when you hijacked that Media Day thread and made it about Green.....

Dude is just another player.....even another star player who cares that much about an inch or two.

If he helps the Rockets, okay, if he doesn't then off with him to the bench...

Skinnier people do look longer because mass makes people look shorter......that is real.

#187 daywalker02, Oct 9, 2023
  8. fchowd0311

If I'm asking that question it would be looking at data trends of wealth distribution over the past 50 years not looking at gay men feeling safe to be gay out in the open and not in the closet.

9. fchowd0311

Ya if anyone grew more between that video and today it literally would be Green because this is Green still in highschool and Ant in college right before being drafted.

#189 fchowd0311, Oct 9, 2023
  10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Ant. Just using logic here

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, from those stories Green was also better in high school than he was with Ignite in the G-League, his numbers were not really that great.

12. fchowd0311

How were his numbers not great for a 18-19 year old in the gleague?

He was way more efficient than a player like Scoot Henderson in the gleague.

Scoot's gleague play actually slightly lowered his stock unlike Green's gleague play.

I mean it's not that important anyways simply because Green played like 14 games of a bubble tournament where the gleague regular season was canceled.

13. NewAge

NewAge Member

haha.. the world is ok, man. Nah, make that the USA is OK, the world is messed-up.
    fact that they are feeling safe to gay it out in the open, and the worst thing that happens to them is an NBA star filming them means things are OK..

The tribal instinct is to smash their heads, so that non-reproductive individuals don't consume the limited resources, and it is still pretty much the norm in many places on Earth...

14. fchowd0311

America is okay for some and not okay for others. For you it seems to be fine. For me it doesn't test me bad but for a lot of other people it sucks. This is a thing in 2023 still:
    https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/fiscal-fact/median-value-wealth-race-ff03112019

Going way off topic but ya that isn't the distribution of a healthy society.

Nook likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Fair enough but growing these muscles when you are 17-18 is not normal either.

That is a vast advantage over beanstalks .......more like You cannot teach height, you cannot teach your girth, you cannot teach how wide your shoulders are.

It makes you automatically a power player or a bully archetype.

Strength translates a great deal.....Wade was not a great shooter, he was a strong athlete and had great body coordination.

#195 daywalker02, Oct 9, 2023
  16. fchowd0311

What?

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You brought up Henderson and his numbers and I said scouts do value things like body shape and how NBA ready they are.

The body mass you talked about and looked down on.

Shooting can be learned and honed.....that is one criterion on there.

[​IMG]

18. Nook

Nook Member

I mean’t width and frame - Edwards has a frame to add weight if needed.

Unless something has changed, Edwards has the longer wingspan but it’s only by a bit.

Green has the longer standing reach.

Something is emotionally or mentally off about Edwards.

#198 Nook, Oct 9, 2023
  19. Nook

Nook Member

I mean’t width and frame - Edwards has a frame to add weight if needed.

Unless something has changed, Edwards has the longer wingspan but it’s only by a bit.

Green has the longer standing reach.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He was basically raised by his sister and brother because his mom and grandma died around the same time when he was young.

He is not KPJ ........where people were fooled by his charm. Almost everyone has emotional issues.

Nook likes this.