1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green Trade Value

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Nov 20, 2023.

1. csc177

csc177 Member

The idea is to build around Sengun. Hard stop.

2. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

...it's the season to be grateful so I want to say thank you to all the posters here for giving us an easy thread to look up for the receipts because this one will defintely not age as well as you guys think it will.

anthony59237 likes this.
  3. csc177

csc177 Member

Inaccurate on so many levels.

you don’t need to be a basketball expert to realize who Jalen Green is. You can push this “everyone’s hating on Jalen Green” narrative until you’re blue in the face. He’s not someone you build a team around. Not a playmaker, low basketball IQ, undersized, non alpha, not a good shooter, below average defender, and is not efficient.

Athletic yes, flashy yes, but that’s it. Ime is building a team and culture to contend and win - it’s obvious - and who’s struggling to fit in? The guy that’s not a winning player. “The haters” called JG out two years ago when they said he wasn’t a winning player - we’re seeing that come to fruition consistently. The AAU/Rico Hines Runs/ GLeague Ignite style of play won’t work here anymore.

hate to burst the bubble here, but he won’t receive a second contract here - unless there’s a miraculous self awareness moment for him to adjust and adjust fast. IMO he is who is - and fortunately for him, some team not trying to win a chip, will invest in his flash to sell tickets.

Slim and NewAge like this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

His scoring efficiency numbers were the same as guys like Booker and Ant their first two seasons.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Other players being bad at one point doesn't make bad good.

Corrosion likes this.
  6. i3artow i3aller

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Dobbizzle, Tfor3 and i3artow i3aller like this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

At the end of the day, we all have to remember that Jalen is only 19.

It's not fair to judge him until he's at least 47.

When we all see that 25th season leap, everyone who criticized him for poor performance will be sorry.

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I assume it just has something to do with watching him recently. (Rimshot)

Obviously I don't think he has hit his ceiling.

10. TimDuncanDonaut

Not a fan of always citing age. Rockets did recently give up on three other 21 years olds: Josh, Usman and Daisen.

We (as in Rockets org) do cut bait if needed. Not all young players are evaluated the same. Jalen's potential and yes high draft status do yield him more chances.

As far as how dominos fall, there are a couple things in leading how this could play out.

If the 3rd year performance stays the same, no significant leap but not a huge drop:

1. Can Jalen's camp (Jalen and his agent) be OK with a non max extension. Not what they hope for, but could they realistically evaluate the pay for performance. Their stance can very much determine if he remains with the team or getting traded. A mid level NBA contract is still life changing money, plus still playing time.

2. To the fans: if Jalen doesn't hit his ceiling but is a solid rotational player, can you still be ok with him being on the team? If his market value ends up not being high, cool with him remain with the Red & Yellow, and root for him? Or will there always be a hangup/reminder because of the draft pick #.

#50 TimDuncanDonaut, Nov 21, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2023
    xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U can literally go through the threads and u will see folks btching about him not being manly and painting his names black from two years ago. It's not made up. There are folks who are hating him for non basketball reasons, I didn't say all but they do exist.

We will see what ime decides cause rather than u arm chair gms I trust the coach in his ability to gauge greens usefulness to the team.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  12. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I don't care where any player was drafted. I care about the team being good.

It will be hard for the team to be good with Jalen playing like he is in his current role.
    If he is ok with being a rotational player getting spot minutes (if he continues to play at this level) then keep him on the team as long as the salary matches that type of role.

But I trust Ime to get this sorted out. Doesn't mean I won't call Jalen a scrub and complain about his performances in the meantime.

13. csc177

csc177 Member

He gauged his usefulness immediately by benching him the entire fourth quarter in a game they were trying to win to snap a losing streak. It speaks volumes. Ime sees what we’ve all, those that aren’t in denial at least, see.

Let me be clear - this is not some death sentence, the kid will be fine he’s athletic, and can score, another GM will throw money at him to be that. Coaches and teams that want to win a championship, will pass, as the rockets will next offseason.

14. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Rockets will trade him at the all star break….no way we let this sensational talent walk for nothing.

csc177 likes this.
  15. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I mentioned Murphy would be out until the new year. IDGAF, he's a 45+/40+/90 shooter that's long and plays excellent defense & is flexible enough to play both 2 & 3 and maybe even some smallball 4 at 6'9".

Jalen is NOT shooting better than Kennard from distance this year.

Luke Kennard Stats, Height, Weight, Position, Draft Status and more | Basketball-Reference.com

Jalen Green Stats, Height, Weight, Position, Draft Status and more | Basketball-Reference.com

Jalen is shooting 2% worse than Kennard from 3 and Luke's career shooting percentage is 43.5% which is far superior to Green's 34.1.

As for the defense aspect - Kennard is at least "league average" and a solid team defender where Jalen is .... terribad - always out of position and just looks lost.

Either one would be an upgrade over Green.

16. shakes05

shakes05 Rookie

Trade him for Donovan Mitchell

17. Rokman

Rokman Member

How about this trade

Rockets Out:
    - Jalen Green
    - BKN 1st '24
    - BKN 1st Swap '25
    - Filler

Rockets In:
    - Mikal Bridges

New Roster:
    PG - VanVleet / Holiday / Thompson
    SG - Bridges / Thompson
    SF - Brooks / Eason / Whitmire
    PF - Smith / Green
    ..C - Sengun / Landale / Marjanovic

Corpusfan likes this.
  18. shakes05

shakes05 Rookie

Ja Morant might become available...could get him for a steal. We have relaxed gun laws in Texas.

Rokman likes this.
  19. Bo6

Bo6 Member

can we still trade him for Caruso?

Ancient Moabite likes this.