1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green Team USA Scrimmage/Game Sightings

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kpdark, Aug 3, 2023.

1. csc177

csc177 Member

Pretty easy to see Cade’s impact while in game. Smooth, always in control, noticeably stronger - I see a strong year 3 for him. Can also see him being a star in this league.

I think Jalen, in the grand scheme of things, ultimately gets traded - he’s not the superstar in the making we were hoping for with #2 pick. Freak athlete, but superstar? I just don’t see it.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You got this from a scrimmage? A scrimmage were Green missed a single shot?

Lol man some people just want to be Debbie downers for no reason.

We got at least one season worth of NBA games to compare and Cade's impact on winning so far is non existent with a significantly worse efficiency than Green so far.

10 minute scrimmages were the lead pg dominates the ball, even the back up pg isn't an indication of anything.

3. Joerex Jamisola

Still a bad defender

4. csc177

csc177 Member

I got this from watching Jalen green for 2 years and a scrimmage, yes.

I could be wrong and willing to admit that, but wouldn’t be surprised if he gets moved for pieces if there’s not a big jump before it’s time to pay him.

5. fchowd0311

So what did you get from 1 year of Cade having significantly worse efficiency than Green?

So was Cade's back up pg during the scrimmage a future star?

The scrimmage was basically " let the lead pg dominates possessions, even the back up".

So Green on the few possessions he got to create he did. These are ten minute scrimmages dude.

And no one besides a couple of role players who can only spot up shoot were giving 100% effort on defense.

i3artow i3aller and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You will see a big jump.....whether that is from him or his followers.....they jump even higher than him.

I came back from Twitter, and even those guys were not that big of fans.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

^People scouting Jalen Green based on grainy video like he's some 16 year old from Brazzaville Police Athletic League rather than a 2-year NBA starter

marinara, BMoney, topfive and 2 others like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Why is even Eric Mika with the National team.......G-league guy....

DreamShook likes this.
  9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Calm down, no need to get triggered. This is much better than the pick up game videos we've been seeing all summer. While it's not a "real" game, it's still organized ball with coaches and refs. Nothing wrong with pointing out both positive and negative things about Green's performance.

10. fchowd0311

Lol dude come on. People aren't just critiquing.
    .they making claims about career trajectories based of it. Look at the comments above lol

topfive and peleincubus like this.
  11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Another arbitrary standard. Even if he failed to achieve superstardom, there are other levels. You imagine that if he gravitates towards being an all star or star scorer - not a superstar - that the team will dump him at age 22? It’s justa ridiculous thing to say. No one in his draft class will be a proven superstar next season.

You just don’t understand that if a team is giving a 21 year old just the chance to be a superstar, that’s amazing. There are a handful of 21 year olds who might be worth the max. All Jalen has to do is improve at an average rate compared to players his age who historically went on to become stars.

The only reason you think it’s superstar or bust is because you think you see something that Kerr and Spo and Udoka can’t see. Those guys - 3 of the top 10 coaches in the NBA - have decided to give him more responsibility. It’s ok if you can’t see it, just don’t act like it means much.

Boii likes this.
  12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Cade was always rightfully the No.1 pick. Big guards that can run an offense and dictate pace is just hard to come by. I feel better that we have Amen who is in the same mold.

Green looked fine, it's a great experience for him to learn from these coaches and play against this of competition in the office season

Easy and BonziWellsGOAT like this.
  13. fchowd0311

Cade had a negative OBPM this year btw.

His career efficiency is lower than even Jabari also

14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Triggered? That’s not my nature. I just find it utterly stupid that someone watched this scrimmage and came away thinking Green has no future on the Rockets. Sorry if that hurts people’s feelings, but it’s objectively stupid. It’s not personal.

I pointed out he needs to work on defense too. That’s not the stupid take. The stupid take is: nothing happened but bad defense and no successful future is possible without excellent defense or superstar level scoring.

Criticism of poor criticism is not an emotional reaction.

FLASH21 likes this.
  15. Yinka Dare

Yinka Dare Member

And by watching for 2 years the only thing you took is that Jalen is not a superstar? Nothing else? Nothing on the other guys who have done absolutely nothing just like Green? I believe you when you say you've been watching but i don't think you've paid attention.

cbass and fchowd0311 like this.
  16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Who is Jdub?

18. fchowd0311

Jalen Williams. A lot of people thought he should have gotten rookie of the year over Paolo.

i3artow i3aller and cheke64 like this.
  19. NewAge

NewAge Member

no? it’s a joke?
    it’s a bit blurry, I dunno… found it onnTwitter

20. MystikArkitect

Jalen could be a sieve on defense but his offensive production and upside is too good. He's not max level with the defense right now but there isn't anyone on this roster close to Jalen's offensive level right now. Amen is probably 3-4 years away and Jabari isn't a volume scorer.