1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green Team USA Scrimmage/Game Sightings

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kpdark, Aug 3, 2023.

1. kpdark

kpdark Member

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

3:40 - Jalen takes out 3 dudes with the foul.
    6:20 - Jalen alley-oop from Cade
    8:46 - Jalen fouls while defending
    10:51 - Jalen takes it coast-to-coast for the layup and foul (misses FT)
    12:20 - Jalen with a nice pass for a layup
    12:37 - Jalen gets fouled (?) ... not sure wth happened here, but he gets subbed out at that point.
    32:30 - Jalen checks back in
    38:43 - After some matador defense, Jalen gets the rebound, pushes the ball upcourt, tries an alley-oop that fails, gets the rebound, misses the jumper, gets the alley-oop dunk
    41:50 - Jalen rebound to end the game

3. fattz

fattz Member

His trade value is… now yesterday was to late.

4. kpdark

kpdark Member

5. futilman

futilman Member

Love jalen but Mobley was always the pick

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Cade look okay. (insert Scola meme)

Jalen had some good flashes but his defense still needs a lot of work.

MystikArkitect likes this.
  7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Cade looked smooth running the offense. My craziest dream is that Amen can run an offense like that (and get a jumpshot in the process). I love me some oversized, high-IQ PG's.

Agree on the Jalen D for the most part - from what little I saw of it, since the camera wasn't focused on him exclusively.
    The USA Team usually loses to the Select team throughout the history of this, so them losing doesn't bother me. That being said, this USA team could be in trouble. lol. We'll see.

8. MystikArkitect

They look like themselves a bit still. Cade looks a bit more in command but doesn't trust his jumper. Looked better defensively. Jalen looks like a wizard on offense but his defense still looks like Amen's jumper. Shies away from contact, does the Harden matador thing....really hoping Dillon, Ime and Fred can fix this about him.

Easy likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

i3artow i3aller and fattz like this.
  10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, Cade has a good chance of turning out to be the best of his class. His size and poise reminds me of ... Amen Thompson. :D

csc177 likes this.
  11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Hilarious judging Green's defense at a scrimmage.

cmlmel77, BigM, Little Bit and 2 others like this.
  12. PeppermintCandy

Cunningham looked good. Nice to see him back on the court, even if it's just a scrimmage.

It looked like the offense was basically Cade taking it in and scoring or passing it to the rolling big man (Duren, I think). Everyone else, including Jalen Green, was playing a complementary role, so I think it would've been hard to stand out.

On the other hand, Green looked pretty small and skinny. He looked like high school kid playing with bigger guys.

Easy and daywalker02 like this.
  13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That ain't Tyler Herro, my man. lol.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Chapter X

Scrimmages.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is Butt Crack Sports, your man.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This is what I was thinking. Cade looked so good because he was the offensive hub they made it a point to get him the ball after every rebound. JDub got a rebound looked right at Green for the outlet but waited and searched for Cade.

Im just impressed Jalen got so many good highlights with how much Cade dominated the ball. Pritchard as back up had almost as many highlights when was checked in as Cade's backup.

Green looked smaller than everyone else, but he wasn't playing small. Jalen was the only other player on the select team with highlight tape.

i3artow i3aller, BigM and fchowd0311 like this.
  17. fattz

fattz Member

Isn’t that the purpose of him being there?

Accountability is the best teacher. Will there be any change? Will he be a complete player?

Time has shown very little change to his defensive skills. If it never happens, he is still a useful player as a 6th man. His contract is coming up. As of now, he is not a max player or top prospect on the team. What are the Rockets going to do moving forward? That is way many are judging.

18. Mathloom

Supporting Member

The purpose of him being there is to learn and and grow. He's literally with the team that's there for practice. He's also there because most young players who are involved with these activities improve in some way, and it's not necessarily defense. Many of the players there are not good at defense yet. Cade Cunningham and Paolo Banchero can't guard their position if their life depended on it (so far in their career), that doesn't mean we can't notice what they do well. They can improve what they're not good at or they can further improve at what they're good at. It's all a bonus for Jalen, even if he just picks up 1 or 2 pieces of wisdom.

It's just so stupid that our own fans can't see what Erik Spoelstra and Steve Kerr see in him. These fans think they have some special eye for talent that those two coaches don't lol. Feel sorry for those fans.

19. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Notes as I watch the game:

- Damn I didn't realize adopted Houstonian JVG is there too. He's definitely going to get in Green's ear about defensive fundamentals. This is going to be so awesome for him. Most young players who do this have a career year right after.

- Jalen Green is visibly more muscular than he was end of last season.

- No one is playing proper defense except the guys who are negative offensive players. You guys are such drama queens. It's like you watched the game just to seek out something Jalen didn't do well.

- When Cade was out of the game, the team kept looking for Jalen to create.

- IIRC Jalen made all but one shot. On the offensive foul - which arguably wasn't an offensive foul - Jalen had a great assist.

Look forward to more of these. How often are they going to scrimmage?

#59 Mathloom, Aug 5, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2023
  20. maj21

maj21 Member

There’s a reason why we all wanted the first pick to draft Cade. Just a better basketball player. I wanted Jalen over Mobley, but sometimes I wonder if that was the right decision

apollo33 likes this.