1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green should be the pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jun 22, 2021.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. bmelo

bmelo Member

I start to want Green more than Cade, Detroit the type of franchise to pull some **** like that

coachbadlee likes this.
  3. Fefo

Fefo Member

do you have any idea of the value of picks and players? This is not nba 2k.
    Wood is nowhere close to the value of the 3 rd pick, im not even sure if we could get the 12 pick for him, certainly not a top 10 on a loaded draft.

csc177, everyday eddie and smoothie like this.
  4. Rockets4Life13

Swapping Kemba Walkers horrible contract for Al Horfords horrible contract netted OKC a 16th pick.
    I‘m pretty sure Wood has more value than that. He’s young and good on a more than team friendly contract.

5. Fefo

Fefo Member

its a completely different scenario. Horford has 1 season fully guarantee in his contract ( wich is next one) and then he only has a partially guaranteed contract that will be easy to trade as an expiring. The pick goes there to allow Boston to have a chance to rebuild earilier around tatun and brown.

Wood has a really team friendly salary for his production, and it may have some value, but not until proven that he can stay healthy and he can produce on a team that win some games. I dont really think that a C with his body type can be part of a winning team, but i hope i eat crow on that one.
    Top 5 picks are looked in most cases as the chance to get a franchise changer player, and Christian will never be there.
    People on forums tend to overrate their players to incredible levels. He was compared to AD, to Dream, someone said he can average 25 and 12. Go fetch a list of the players that have done that in the last 25 years, is not very long.
    Wood is a good player, but his ceiling would be 3rd best player on a championship team.

csc177 likes this.
  6. raining threes

Hopefully Wood is a number 3 or 4 option on next year's team. KPJ, Green, draft picks and Wood.

7. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Wood isn't worth a high pick outright, but for a team that's willing to compete immediately he is. Those teams just tend not to have high picks. We once traded the #8 pick for a known role player in Battier because we were positioned to contend with Tmac and Yao. I doubt this would happen, but GS might see more value in Wood than the #7 pick with Curry's prime ending in the next few years. Even with his defensive issues I'd see him being a ridiculous fit with Curry and Draymond.

8. Denovo

Denovo Member

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I'm sold on Green. Swing for the fences. I was thinking he was really raw, but he's already a professional scorer, way more polished than I thought. His bag of tricks are smart and calculated.

I think he can be more of a playmaker than he has demonstrated. Seems to have the vision, just needs to put more time into it. His defense seems neutral, nothing one way or the other for me. But he does seem smaller than he is listed to me, definitely not 6'5.

10. Denovo

Denovo Member

Wood already has the Unicorn skill set offensively.

Draft Green and find a high motor defensive big at 23 to pair next to Wood and a 3 and D guy at 24.

11. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

If I remember correctly, brain Roy had so much potential to be super great. Curry before curry.. that dude could ball out!
    I wouldn’t compare Suggs to him.

saleem likes this.
  12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This was better than I thought it would be.

13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Kevin Porter Jr and Jalen Green is a great young duo.

14. raining threes

There's no certainty.

Green's handles are fine for a 2 guard. Is Green a point guard? Nope, he's a scorer, who while not a great passer, he's a willing passer. The NBA is all about being able to get your own shot. Particularly in the last 2 mins of a game. Green can already do this playing against guys much older than him. In fact Green has more upside than any player in this draft. IMHO

bballjunkie and coachbadlee like this.
  15. csc177

csc177 Member

Crazy Green was ranked higher than Cade and Mobley coming out of high school and would easily be the number pick had he gone to college for a year.

crazy how these things play out….hope the rockets draft JG. Not sure how it works with KP though - could be an awesome backcourt or a complete nightmare

16. csc177

csc177 Member

He still hasn’t got bigger - c’mon CWood we need 10-15 more lbs to supplement your skill

coachbadlee likes this.
  17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I don't see not one muscle.

fckbandwagons likes this.
  18. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just looked up Herold Miner's college stats. That dude was a sure fire scoring champ. Shame the Rockets didnt draft him.

Edit:

Not saying Green is going to flame out like the original "Baby Jordan". I am saying a lot of the hyperbole Ive been reading in the last couple of days sounds very similar, and is equally sure of itself.

#338 Ottomaton, Jun 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
    raining threes likes this.
  19. raining threes

Are you saying Green/Minor had/have the same skillset?

If so I disagree.

Caesar likes this.
  20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

That lottery must have done something to people. Just 3 days ago you couldn't find anyone questioning whether or not if Cade was the #1 pick. Now that question is being asked alot.