1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green should be the pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Get black or the red retro

Dobbizzle, RasaqBoi and htownrox1 like this.
  2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I respect your position. And Tjarks and Bijani's as well. As well as Rockets front office and others.

D-rock likes this.
  3. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Green’s odds shot up to -500 now

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

[GQ] How Jalen Green Conquered the Pressure of Teenage Celebrity
    The 19-year-old guard with incredible hops will be a high pick in this year's NBA draft, but he's been dealing with the spotlight for years already.

[…]

Before long, he was the highlight of the G-League—the fastest player on the court, a multi-level scorer and apt defender, all the while delivering the same highlight reel, high-flying displays that made him famous on the internet. He’d write down goals on yellow sticky notes on his door and cross them off when he accomplished them. Before leaving that Walnut Creek apartment and relocating to LA, the only one left read, “Be the No. 1 pick in the NBA Draft.”

“Number one pick,” he tells me, “that would be a dream come true. I ain't going to lie. That happens, I'm going to have a breakdown,” he laughs. And, naturally, he has preference in mind. “I want to live in Detroit.” He feels that spot is important to his journey, a reward for his endurance. When I ask him as dinner ends what he wants out of his career, he offers a singular ambition.

“I want my respect,” Jalen tells me. “As a person and a basketball player. What comes with this is that people don’t know what you’ve got to sacrifice and go through. Especially when you’re in a small city and basketball takes you down this road and everyone’s still in that small city. It’s personal. A lot of people talk about you on the side. It can get back to your family and everything. And they don’t know what you’ve been through, by yourself, while you’re on that journey.”

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Jalen wants to live in Detroit.

Bro, we bought you chicken strips, stop acting up.

6. CRJ713

CRJ713 Member

7. CRJ713

CRJ713 Member

After reading this I’m confident that we’re going to either draft Jalen or Cade! I could see Detroit taking Green.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Jalen Green OnlyFan

In a way this is heartbreaking to read. He’s worked so hard and come so far but would prefer to live in Detroit over Houston?

The Filipino community over here is excited and ready to embrace him. There are not many of us in Detroit so I don’t understand…

hakeem94 and Verbal Christ like this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Whomever has the #1 pick is basically where he would like to go since that was his goal. Don’t take those articles too seriously man.

11. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

He wants to be the number 1 pick which is the Pistons. That's what he's saying
    I highly doubt he's inserting his preference for which "city to live in" and I also doubt that city would be Detroit

HTXSportsAddict, Deuce and CRJ713 like this.
  12. Mr Striker09

Mr Striker09 Member

He wants the be the Number 1 pick, Nothing to do with the city. If Houston was number 1 or some other team he wouldve said the same thing. He truly believe he is best player in this class

13. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I wish they’d do a black retro.

Fulgore likes this.
  14. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Nobody wants to live in Detroit. They’re just saying what they’re supposed to. I guarantee you on lottery night not one of these guys we’re hoping Detroit or Cleveland would get the 1 pick.

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

This dude is making money having me watch him watch videos and act a fool. What a time to be alive.

16. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

He wants to go # 1 but will go # 2. Let him carry that chip on his shoulder.

The great ones find a way to self motivate and push to prove their doubters wrong.

Very excited to see this young man on my team!

17. i3artow i3aller

They can't stop us now, boys.
    [​IMG]

18. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I thought he just wanted a cheap house.

ApacheWarrior, D-rock, BigM and 3 others like this.
  19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lololol youre hillarious!

roslolian, vlaurelio and bloodwings19 like this.