1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green should be the pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jun 22, 2021.

1. CXbby

CXbby Member

Green doesn’t have good feel for the game. One dimensional scorer. Also Porter absolutely was atrocious on defense, more of an effort thing though, he can lock up when he tries, question is will he ever develop a winning mentality.

2. JD88

JD88 Member

Chris Webber shot 54% from the FT line in years 1-6.

He shot 76% the nine seasons after that point.

Because he was tired of being a shitty free throw shooter.

Two Sandwiches and Verbal Christ like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

I'm glad you believe Wall will turn over a new leaf and let a rookie take his shots.

But your Wall hope is simply unrealistic.

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Hard work, can help him become an average defender initially in a couple of years. I don't think he will ever become a lockdown defender, but he can become a reliable perimeter defender in 3 years. He recognizes his weaknesses.

#2624 saleem, Jul 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
    Two Sandwiches likes this.
  5. CXbby

CXbby Member

Green’s biggest strength is his 1.4m Instagram followers. He’s a brand already before he’s played a game. The highlight dunks will contribute to further marketability. Focusing on the minutia of aspects of winning basketball is probably missing the point right now, which is my mistake when critiquing his game. We are probably not going to be a winning team for years no matter who we pick, so better off going for the marketable “star”. There, I just talked myself on to the Green Gang.

BigggReddd likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Schmitz and others believe the best player in this draft will likely be Mobley.

Cade is most NBA ready player.

7. saleem

It's the job of the head coach to do that. If Silas fails, he should be kicked out and replaced by a more established coach.

Verbal Christ and D-rock like this.
  8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Problem is, we had a rookie head coach who probably had to lean on an established vet---mama dog---when left in the cold with a litter of fourteen.

And mama wasn't up to it.

clos4life, saleem and D-rock like this.
  9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Tesla is his favorite car.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Silas adores Wall.

We have all witnessed him fawning over Wall, from the very beginning of his Rockets tenure and nothing since has changed.

Even Stone stills speaks glowingly about Wall.

11. saleem

Fine. They might be right, they might be wrong too. I do think Mobley can become an all-star in 3 years. I don't think he will become as good as Anthony Davis.

D-rock likes this.
  12. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Smart, great work ethic, and striving for greatness. Kid will be a super star by his 4th year.

13. saleem

Stone realizes Porter needs Wall to help him out. He also recognizes that Porter is getting better. I think he will see growth and talent in Green, if he's selected.

14. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Im just poking fun at the idea, I don’t really care that he said it. He knows what the critics are saying so he’s playing to them. That’s fine. I’m sure he wants to be better defensively. In reality he needs to perfect his offense and be good enough on defense.

D-rock, saleem and Verbal Christ like this.
  15. CXbby

CXbby Member

If only having good taste was all it took to become a good basketball player.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Mobley is a different player than AD. All these comps are just confusing the average fan.

Even though they profile similarly on defense, their roles on offense will be different IMO.

Mobley is more versatile and system flexible.

Mobley's team first play and mindset will lead to winning sooner than the impact of most rook bigs, including the best iso heavy guards.

Mobley has the potential to be THE prototype of the modern big.

17. i3artow i3aller

We got them on the ropes now, boys. Hold your ground.
    [​IMG]

Verbal Christ, D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.
  18. saleem

Well thought out. The potential is there. He won't be the one who will be taking the winning shot in the clutch though. Neither did AD. Good luck to him. I know you blame the Rockets for allegedly giving a guarantee to Green. There is no proof of this. I've seen the Green and KPJ video too. My gut feeling is that Stone is looking for a seasoned veteran but he is unable to acquire one.

D-rock likes this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

Silas is a nice man.

Silas is not a good head coach.

clos4life and D-rock like this.
  20. i3artow i3aller