1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green should be the pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Jun 22, 2021.

1. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I’d say let’s pick up Mobley now and a point guard later. Free agent guards would love to pair up with Mobley if he pans out.

D-rock likes this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Nice work!

3. raining threes

Not as consistent defensively

But a much better rebounder and scorer. Mainly the biggest difference is Ayton is tougher.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Appears Detroit will draft Cade Cunningham and that will be the end of that. Anything other than that would be a big surprise, fair to say?

KevinO’C: It would be a surprise, yeah. Maybe some team makes an over the top offer but most execs believe Cade Cunningham will be the number one pick to the Detroit Pistons.

KevinO’C: There are people who have Evan Mobley number one. There are people who have Jalen Green number one. There are people who have those guys ahead of Cade Cunningham. Ultimately, far majority do rank Cade as the number one prospect and the belief is the Pistons will take Cade number one. After that, things get more interesting.

It would be surprising if Houston moved off Wood or attempted to play [Mobley/Wood] together?

KevinO’C: All indications are Jalen Green is the favorite to go number two. Which would mean Mobley slides to three. Raptors & Magic had made trade offers for the third pick and they aren’t the only teams. Cleveland is in an interesting position to move down if they don’t want Mobley. There are teams that absolutely love Mobley and want to move up to get him.

Do Mobley & Allen fit together?

KevinO’C: It can work. Allen as the rim-runner, rim protector, interior player where Mobley can do both. Mobley can play interior but you want him to develop into a guy who can be an offensive hub for you. The playmaking at USC is more than what the numbers indicate. He’s a really, really, really good passer for a big. Factor in his ability ..off the dribble, shooting potential, flexibility to switch on the perimeter, yeah it could work with Allen & Mobley.

If Toronto moves up for Mobley, does that tell us about the future of Siakam in a Raptors uniform?

KevinO’C: I don’t think so. They can play together for sure. Mobley can play with anybody. That’s the appeal. Plug him into any situation at all. Want to plug him with a big like Steven Adams who doesn’t space the floor, you can plug him in. Situation with another floor spacer like Jaren Jackson Jr., it can work. That’s why some execs and scouts are like this guy is the number one pick. He offers maximum versatility on the defensive end, smart player, can play right away, can defend PnRs, can be weak side help defender, can switch on the perimeter and defend guards/wings. He does it all. Offensively, the potential is pretty high. We’ll see what level he reaches as a shooter off the dribble, how he continues to tighten his handle but the flashes he has are pretty incredible. There are people who love Mobley as the top prospect in the draft. Maybe Toronto is one of them.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Caesar, Roxfan4lyfe, D-rock and 6 others like this.
  8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

LOL…this video is a huge reach…I couldn’t only make it halfway through before I had to stop

10. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

This is really bad comparison. I saw hardly anything similar. One thing I noticed is Harden consistently was creating space against his defenders, whereas, Green was not creating space against his defenders and only utilizing his athletic ability against non-nba players to get his shot off. The more I watch Jalen Green the more I think he doesn’t belong in the top 4. Of course, if we take him at 2 I hope I’m wrong.

D-rock likes this.
  11. CXbby

CXbby Member

Some may even say Evan Mobley is … versatile?

D-rock likes this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Very interesting stuff from KOC.

KevinO’C: There are people who have Evan Mobley number one. There are people who have Jalen Green number one. There are people who have those guys ahead of Cade Cunningham.

Raptors & Magic had made trade offers for the third pick and they aren’t the only teams. Cleveland is in an interesting position to move down if they don’t want Mobley. There are teams that absolutely love Mobley and want to move up to get him.

It can work. Allen as the rim-runner, rim protector, interior player where Mobley can do both. Mobley can play interior but you want him to develop into a guy who can be an offensive hub for you. The playmaking at USC is more than what the numbers indicate. He’s a really, really, really good passer for a big. Factor in his ability ..off the dribble, shooting potential, flexibility to switch on the perimeter, yeah it could work with Allen & Mobley.

Mobley can play with anybody.

That’s the appeal.

Plug him into any situation at all.

Want to plug him with a big like Steven Adams who doesn’t space the floor, you can plug him in. Situation with another floor spacer like Jaren Jackson Jr., it can work. That’s why some execs and scouts are like this guy is the number one pick.

He offers maximum versatility on the defensive end, smart player, can play right away, can defend PnRs, can be weak side help defender, can switch on the perimeter and defend guards/wings.

He does it all. Offensively, the potential is pretty high. We’ll see what level he reaches as a shooter off the dribble, how he continues to tighten his handle but the flashes he has are pretty incredible. There are people who love Mobley as the top prospect in the draft.

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I don't know why the Pistons just don't take Mobley #1

Bo6, studogg, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

[​IMG]

coachbadlee likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Me neither, he may be a better fit on that young team.

But I have always had Cade ranked over Mobley.

Not by much however.

Deuce likes this.
  16. vator

vator Contributing Member

D-rock likes this.
  17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

He's very confident driving/ dunking in heavy traffic.

18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Looks like he can dribble a basketball just fine too huh? Weird. I was starting to believe he had a problem with "handles"

/s

Deuce and Dobbizzle like this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Stone and Silas favorite word:

OPTIONALITY

20. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I thought this was a great point on G-League vs. NCAA (and for the record, the consensus is pretty clearly that G-League >>> NCAA).

Am truly torn between the two - both present a lot of upside with some clear concerns.