1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green putting in work

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 25, 2023.

1. Ancient Moabite

yeah he made a couple hiccups on team choices in his career, ish happens

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

4. kpdark

kpdark Member

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Durant works out with everybody, but nice to see Jalen doing something similar. I've seen a bunch of workout videos with him this summer with tons of people and then on USA Select, as well.

I think a lot of those videos we see him in are workouts with Adam Harrington that's been going on for days. You can kind of guess that from the gym in the background - the images are all similar. Let's hope all these jumpers and shotmaking translate to the regular season.

heypartner and i3artow i3aller like this.
  6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

That's what I've been saying all year long. His bag in the paint and iq is bad.

I meant to quote zeeshan post of all the blocks.

#607 cheke64, Aug 23, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2023
    zeeshan2 likes this.
  7. CXbby

CXbby Member

A year ago some of us complained that there were no work out videos from Green. Knowing how much he puts out on social media, if he was working we would have seen it. I think later it came out that he was nursing an injury for part of the summer. I think he still improved last year but not as much as some hoped. This summer we are seeing him workout all over the place, no complaints. Hopefully that translates to a breakout year.

8. kpdark

kpdark Member

“I really think his level of focus was good, trying to figure out exactly what was needed for the team,” Mosley said. “We talked about him playing the point for a little bit and his ability to designate and initiate the offense as well as moving without the basketball. I think he was really focused on that. Challenging him to sit down and guard defensively and he embraced that. It was good to see.”

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Literally this chain of tweets say his bag is deep in the paint. Click on the link. There are 20 examples.

10. kpdark

kpdark Member

Ime 'stalking' Jalen :D:D:D

coach is present in USASelect and in 'this run' too or maybe 'all of Green's runs'...

he is seen here BTS

34to11, Mathloom, O-dawg and 2 others like this.
  11. NewAge

NewAge Member

Yep, no fashion shows, emo posts and other such BS. Mostly workouts. Makes perfect sense with the pending extension.
    My worries are what happens after he gets his money? Back to Paris and Milano?

AroundTheWorld and clos4life like this.
  12. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This has been the summer of scientists! You’re a nobody in the NBA if someone hasn’t said you were “in the lab” from a workout video in off-season ‘23.

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

Jalen Green’s 1st 2 seasons

[​IMG]

TS% of 54.7% and 53.8%

Devin Booker’s 1st 2 seasons

[​IMG]

TS% of 53.5 and 53.1%

Booker jumped up to 25, 5, and 5 on 56% TS in year 3…then 27, 4 and 7 on 58% TS in year 4

BigM and i3artow i3aller like this.
  15. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

On one hand, I can't say I'll be happy with the current volume and efficiency at midrange, but even all time mid-range greats like CP3 didn't become efficient until year 3, so I'll cut him some slack for the first two years.

[​IMG]

Easily Jalen's biggest problem is that he's low-key a bad finisher at the rim, despite his blazing speed and easy bounce. Needs to learn to play with pace, how to slam on the brakes to send defenders flying.

Something I've noticed is how quite a few speedy players have this same issue, which makes sense when thought about as a physics problem. The faster you're moving at the rim, the more force you're imparting on the ball just by moving around, and the more force you have to put into your finish to slow the ball down so it doesn't ricochet off the backboard, and the more force you put into any finish, the harder it is to have soft touch.

#616 Tuckmose, Aug 24, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2023
    SamFisher and NewAge like this.
  16. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Shooting splits are not an indicator of future stars. Actually there are lots of superstars who shot god awful in their first few years in the league. The indicator thats most successful is age, # of seasons and ppg. When you look at Jalen's age + season + ppg he is in pretty elite company. Furthermore of that company he is far from the least efficient at this time in their development. I would say he is a sure bet a being a future all star and scoring champ but maybe not superstar because of lack of defense. Maybe he's like a Beal or Booker something like that but if Ime has a big Impact on him who knows what he could be.

17. O-dawg

O-dawg Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good to see Coach Udoka following through on his statements around getting to know the players. Showing up at a run where two of his core young players are playing against other top tier NBA talent is something that he didn't have to do, but shows his dedication to truly understanding who his players are and how they can possibly fit into his offensive and defensive schemes.

kpdark and Ancient Moabite like this.
  18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I don't think it's the physics problem you identify - to me it looked like he would throw up heavily contested shots and was very reluctant to pass out of a drive. in fairness he did get to the line more than the previous season, but at the cost of having one of the worst FG% on the team at short range shots as you noted.

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Part of creating consistent quality looks is also on his PG and the system in general.

A Silas "system" with KPJ (ISO scorer) at PG was destined to suppress everyone's efficiency big time.

Mathloom likes this.