1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green Needs to be Benched

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wizkid83, Jan 25, 2022.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

problem is we have alperen sengun and hes very good and hes being hold back to make room for green who is probably a lost case...even if there is a chance for green to develop into kobe your holding alperen back because of him makes it all more problematic...because you may ruin both of them instead of just leting jalen green sink

2. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Sengun had pro experience and was playing from day 1.

Green in some sense as raw as Garuba. He is very athletic but does not know how to use it and has no consistency. He does not have a game yet. His body is far away from being nba ready. Green knows the expectations and tries to get a role he is not ready for yet and that makes things worse.

Jc knows to do a few things well and does not assume a bigger role than he is capable of.

For the 3 players I do not see much of a development by coaching. I think they are self learning and the difference between how well they are doing just depends on a combination of how much of a self learner they are and how nba ready they were coming into the league.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sengun's lack of minutes has nothing to do with Green, right now Silas is blocking him because he doesn't want to play him with Wood. So long as Wood is with the team, Sengun will get spot minutes only.

If you think Wood is the future, you might look at trading Sengun, if you feel like Wood isn't the future, you might look at trading him.

apollo33 likes this.
  4. NewAge

NewAge Member

“remember when Kobe was 19, how he lacked confidence and looked like a shook kid?",
    said no one ever

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

SENGUN IS THAT BULLY PERIMETER GUY you conveniently ommited he talked about...its just that stone is holding him back for the kobe to raises up from dead

6. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Yeah, I think it's coming off the bench time for Green. Dude looks lost.

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i think it has everything to do with jalen... they holding alpi back to let the space for jalen to shine because they know very well green cant win roy with sengun around...because hes too dominant and much much much better than jalen...hed be winning roy in landslide or at least would have blocked jg out of the race for good!
    because even now everybodys saying JG isnt even the best rookie on his own team let alone in nba

they didnt have problem playing thesis alongside wood and now they act as if they trying to win and respect analytics... i call BS!

wood is just an excuse, stamina, foul problems, 2 bigs lineup doenst work, all bs, all just a big smokescreen for saving jalen greens face and the face of whoever decided to draft him!
    POLITICS!

Dacamel likes this.
  8. Salvy

Salvy Member

Another athletic guy who practices after the game is over and lost...

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I am not sold yet on Sengun being the full time center either, simply not long enough to guard a lot of scenarios or take advantage of lobs and rim running. Wood is really flawed too, I just hope they can trade him and replace him with someone that can play along with Sengun

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Personally my bet is he becomes a 24 ppg scorer but as a normalo fan, I am totally chill on that aspect.

IMHO KPJ is better but he also does not have that high of a ceiling. KPJ does not complement Green that well.

Salvy likes this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

if he werent playing in los angleses kobe would have never won a single ring...
    TAKE THAT FOR DATA

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Silas flat out said last night that he's not playing Sengun and Wood at the same time. It has nothing to do with Green.

There's plenty of people who should complain about Green getting pushed over them....like Mathews, Christopher, Brooks....hell even Nix and Queen. It simply doesn't affect Sengun though.

13. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

He wasn't destroying the D league. Anyone expecting him to come in and destroy the NBA was expecting too much.

I've been disappointed in not seeing more improvement but I think part of that is coaching. We need new Ownership, new coaches and then a year to or more development to see if Green is going to be a bust or not.

if I look into my crystal ball... I see him as a solid player, borderline allstar, but not a franchise player. Hope he proves me wrong.

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I don't know why you keep harping this ridiculous narrative. Firstly Neither Green nor Sengun have NEVER been close to being ranked top 5 in ROY the entire season. Green wasn't and isn't winning ROY regardless of what happens to Sengun. Mobley and Barnes almost had that wrapped up in the first month, and with the resurgence of Cade, it's essentially impossible for anyone else.

They had a HUGE PROBLEM playing Theis alongside Wood, lost almost every game, and that's why you NEVER see twin towers anymore.

Green and Sengun play different positions, they don't take away from each other's minutes. What you are saying makes absolutely zero sense.

15. Salvy

Salvy Member

So we used our 2nd pick to draft Kevin Martin?
    [​IMG]

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think the reason they don't want to play Sengun next to Wood is because they are trying to trade Wood....you can't have a rookie out there dulling his shine.

I think if the Rockets land a top pick in the upcoming draft, Sengun will look really good with another big out there like Chet or Jabari Smith.

cmoak1982, hakeem94 and Aruba77 like this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

First I suspected it too but I am not seeing many Pinoy here.

18. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have never seen a guy get stuffed driving to the basket as much as Green does. We got spoiled with Harden who seemed to always find a way to get his shot off in close quarters.

apollo33 likes this.
  19. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Martin was a career 38% from deep lol....although he won nothing and was not an All Star.

I am thinking Jalen could learn some playmaking from Lucas and a future PG and therefore making him turn into a totally different player than his trajectory would have suggested.

Salvy likes this.