1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green is the Rockets' Franchise Player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by don grahamleone, Aug 10, 2023.

1. Old School74

Old School74 Member
    Supporting Member

ah okay, that's interesting. I didn't know that! I guess I am really old :( Thanks man!

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

No, I don't....I mean Championship - which is just below the premier league, but thanks for trying.

Really? Having a difference of opinion or willing to define your point makes one the worst poster on the board, that is interesting, what have you contributed.....clearly not any money to help the site....so, what exactly are you known for sir?

You don't have to like people's opinions or takes, but if you are going to throw stones at least have some ammo.

DD

#1422 DaDakota, Dec 1, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2023
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Championship is the best among 2nd tier leagues in Soccer .....

The Spanish Basketball league (and Euro League) are probably the Spanish La Liga Soccer league.....lmao.

The German Bundesliga is by far better than the German Basketball League.

Among 1st Tier Leagues.....

[​IMG]

#1423 daywalker02, Dec 1, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2023
  4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U worked 17 days out of 356 days. Is it really honest to claim u have 1 whole year of work experience on your resume?

34to11, cmoak1982 and BigMaloe like this.
  5. Old School74

Old School74 Member
    Supporting Member

Heeey! Come on dude! It was an honest mistake...dont be that insecure! Somebody else corrected me on that and I already said thank you!

6. 34to11

34to11 Member

Even more irony.
    You just can't help yourself can you.

Like I said, the pushback and the promotion tell the story.

OnlyRockets likes this.
  7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Even more logical fallacy.
    I have nothing nor anyone to pushback on, you have no level of moral authority whatsoever.
    You’re a Green only fan that can’t stand other young players succeeding, even when it benefits the Rockets.
    Quite sad that there are people like you. Shameful

Tankeio likes this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

You are correct, my humble apologies.

DD

Old School74 likes this.
  9. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Anyone noticed how the Rockets fast break scoring just isn’t as prolific or exciting as in years past? They are currently 26th in fast break points per game. Long gone are the days of plenty a lobs to Jalen and company. The Rockets usually are stopped on the fast break or they opt to take it back out setting up the half court. A little frustrating to watch this sometimes.

10. 34to11

34to11 Member

I noticed it as well but chalked it up to guys adjusting to a new system on the fly and still learning each other.
    I was glad to see FVV finally throw a lob though, so there's hope.

OnlyRockets and Stephen_A like this.
  11. dmoneybangbang

He has objectively, incrementally improved on the advanced stats:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/greenja05.html

I think this will be an illuminating year for Green but anyone who is suggesting that Eason should start over Green is just biased. I'm certainly not as optimistic as I was but there's still the chance he can make a leap.

12. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

we have the 28th out of 30th pace in the league. we play slow. we are great at limiting transition, but also dont run it a ton either.

Carpe82 likes this.
  13. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

It’s not a must have either as some of the better teams are at the bottom as well but we could at least make some effort at pushing and putting pressure on the defense.

BigMaloe likes this.
  14. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

i think thats just udoka. He definetely prioritizes stopping transition on defense. I think on offense he prioritizes our half court offense.

I think thats a mix of Sengun and FVV both being much more half-court oriented.

Green is the only true runner on offense.

daywalker02 likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Eason should have started on many mediocre teams in the NBA maybe not instead of Green but he should have started.

You cannot raise his value playing him only 22 minutes a game. It is basic team building.

DaDakota likes this.
  16. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I think Ime would be fine with more transition offense, but it doesn’t fit this team right now. When Amen gets back our transition offense should be much better with the second unit as long as we can get a decent backup for Sengun. You can’t run if you don’t rebound. We knew coming in that FVV prefers to bring the ball up slowly so there is a trade-off there.

BigMaloe likes this.
  17. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Nobody is interested in discussing this thread.

It tells something already.

Corrosion and fckbandwagons like this.
  18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Jalen’s bball IQ, and mental toughness continue to be real questions. As are his handles and ability to finish at the rim. Really need to see the 3 pt shooting continue to be efficient. If that dips and he stays inconsistent, things are gonna go bad.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not think it is going to be bad, the home record will be okay once mediocre teams come to town......

But yeah as long as he is performing his averages.....if he is really bad, then all chances are off.

20. OpportunityCost

I can't believe we've committed in 3 years to Jalen, $28 Million, and this is the return on that investment. How can Tilman be okay with that?

I would be like "Rafael I want answers" "What were you thinking??" "Were you thinking???" "No, no, no, don't tell me Morey would've made the same draft pick" "I don't wan't to hear that"