1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green is the Rockets' Franchise Player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by don grahamleone, Aug 10, 2023.

1. clos4life

clos4life Member

Senguhaters gonna LOVE you...:D

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

There is so much weird projection from @Os Trigonum - who is otherwise a great guy and poster - when it comes to Alpi.

He doesn't realize that he is the divisive one, with all the "Sengunians", "SOF" etc. labeling.

AlperenSengun, Boii and clos4life like this.
  3. clos4life

clos4life Member

Dug a whole too deep with the hating, now too bought in to back out. Too proud to admit being wrong and instead deflects his awful Alpi takes by blaming Rockets fans.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

He "likes Alpi, just hates his fans".

clos4life likes this.
  5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

and yet time and time and time again you rise to the bait . . . ;)

6. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

it's like you're the mayor of Sengunville or something . . .

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He got put on the Dumb List by Sengun fan. I can understand.

clos4life likes this.
  8. clos4life

clos4life Member

Nothing wrong with being wrong, I was wrong about Dillon Brooks. I am ecstatic to be wrong when it helps the Rockets. The difference is, when you realize you're wrong, it's to be humble enough to admit it. To dig in shows a lack of maturity and makes you look like a clown.

FLASH21, jim1961 and Easy like this.
  9. NewAge

NewAge Member

Maybe it's a severe recency bias, but I don't think I agree completely. None of our Big Three, or anybody else on the roster can move the scoreboard so quickly as Jalen when he's truly ON. I've been disappointed, been posting on the Tarde Jalen threads, etc. etc.... But fact of the matter is you take him out or don't feature him, and it's a very, very deliberate and somewhat tedious team. This kid can put up points in a hurry, like nobody else on the team. That's an important ingredient in the whole paella that Ime's cooking

Air Canada, Arnel and Boii like this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

lol

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  11. clos4life

clos4life Member

:rolleyes:

12. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

:p

13. clos4life

clos4life Member

:eek:

14. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

:cool:

15. clos4life

clos4life Member

;)

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I'm not sure where you think I'm disagreeing with you here.

If you think I'm making a point about Franchise Player, that wasn't my intention. I was primarily responding tthe notion of "spamming Jalen," which triggers my Silas PTSD.

I did say "It's about Sengun now and playing to win." But that's coming from what I'm seeing Coach do. In order to "play to win," Coach has said he wants the offense to be about "every eats." We are doing that. We are doing that via more FVV initiated actions with Sengun, than JG with Sengun. But we are doing plenty of actions with JG and Sengun, as well.

Coach even called FVV and Jalen a "two-headed monster" in last post-game interview, referring to wanting them both to run the PnR, which we are seeing, and is the plan.

My comments were about the idea of "spamming" JG actions with Sengun, to get JG going. We don't need that. Maybe later, once JG establishes consistency (which imo starts with a go-to shot). Coach said in last interview he wants JG "hunting his shots, and staying aggressive" and finding "weakside" open teammates. "He'll get there." But if the defense is just going to load up on his drives and take away the pocket pass, JG needs that go-to shot, and/or getting better at finding the "weakside" open man, because (right now) FVV is just better at hurting that type of defense.

Jalen definitely hit his mid-range shots last night. That was great!

The groundwork is all there for Jalen. We don't need to spam anyone, beyond the well-accepted actions of involving Sengun in nearly everything.

Some fan said a few weeks ago: "Sengun is our Floor. Jalen is our Ceiling." Yep, a consistent Jalen within this Sengun offense can blow the roof off of Toyota Center.

I was saying don't artificially "spam" Jalen. I agree with the approach Coach is taking.

Arnel, BigMaloe, glimmertwins and 2 others like this.
  17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

IIRC, Os wasn't as anti-Sengun as some other haters. So getting slammed by Sengun fan solidified the oversensitive nature of Sengun fanbase.

I've realized long ago that every cause has extremists that actually hurt their cause in the public opinions even though the cause might be a right one.

18. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

:)

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Same. I always liked Sengun, but his superfans are cancer.....but that's really the case for pretty much any group of player only fans.....except DMo-only fans. Those absolute legends are the glue that hold the world together.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  20. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

does anyone make a Sengun emoji? asking for a friend