1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green is the Rockets' Franchise Player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by don grahamleone, Aug 10, 2023.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Half the season? Bro it's been a month lol

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  2. csc177

csc177 Member

Trust me, he wont be here when this team truly contends, book it. Ime is in Rafael's ear as we speak. He'll be packaged up with these picks for a proven star if not this season next offseason

3. csc177

csc177 Member

No one cares what either of these two fools say anymore. We finally have a true basketball head, in Ime, in the building. I'm pretty sure he has an opinion of JG and if he has 2 eyes, he'll know, JG is a not someone this franchise will build around - he wont get that second contract here.

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I agree that Ime is the man. I hope he makes the right calls. Am just not ready to give up on Jalen yet. Even if we think he is never going to be an alpha, we would be selling very low right now, which would make no sense.

MystikArkitect likes this.
  5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think Cade and Jalen are probably going to just end up being really good players. Both in different drafts are probably taken lower with more realistic expectations.

The fact is for Jalen to break out as an all star he needs to develop as point/lead guard who can consistently run an offense through the pick and roll. Yes there have been point guards like Westbrook in the past who aren’t efficient that Jalen could model his game after but honestly I don’t think that’s the best version of himself anyone wants for him.

IMO I can see Jalen being a key piece on a contending team. A guy who scores in bunches that really makes a difference. However… I don’t know if that’s best for the rockets as their first big rookie extension piece… even though if you can’t find a trade that makes sense I have no problem keeping him here and eventually if the rockets have a chance to move him into a 6th man role great.

Right now though… Jalen has been fine especially at home. His “6th man score in bunches” role is already being played out and in the home stretch his bursts of offense were the reason we jumped out into big leads. That’s value folks.

And there’s no reason to trade or bench him now. The time to look at a trade would be Jan-deadline and the fact is if there’s no fantastic return out there than I have no problem keeping him and maybe instead of extending taking it to RFA eventually. It’s not ideal but I’d rather do that than trade him for peanuts.

Slim, NewAge and mac_got_this like this.
  6. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I wouldn’t make a decision on Jalen until this offseason at the earliest

gmoney411 and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  7. R94

R94 Member

Dude isn’t even a rotation player for a good team

csc177 likes this.
  8. maj21

maj21 Member

I agree with you. I just think we can’t just sit and wait for him to be a superstar player. He’s a microwave scorer, every team needs that!

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  9. Tankeio

Tankeio Member

Honestly I'd be surprised if he could reach Lou William's or Jamal Crawford status.

I'd be happy at this point with either of those. But both can shoot and have good handles...

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

They also both seemed to be good in the clutch, scored some game winners.

Tankeio and daywalker02 like this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The best about this is we do not have to mention KPJ in name now .........

12. MystikArkitect

No he isn't. This team is worse if you trade Jalen for Zach Lavine or Donovan Mitchell. There's a reason those dudes have been on middling .500 teams their whole careers. The only players worth trading Green for aren't on the market (Jaylen Brown).

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

And what a market you reference. Lavine, $40,000,000. Brown, given the Arkenstone in the offseason, plus half the dwarves' treasure.

But yeah, Jalen Green is just so inconsistent. Too much young knucklehead. Not a bad kid, just no basketball IQ. It's okay being a Jordan Clarkson or a Jamal Crawford. Just not at the #2 pick. Since that ship has not only sailed but run aground on a sandbar.....well, my metaphors won't help anything, either.

14. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

He taking less shots because Vanvleet and Brooks joined the team..............18ppg is still a good clip on 3 less shot attempts per game. 38 percent from three is pretty good.

Let the young man develop his game.

imagine crying about nail polish. I suppose you would have hated Rodman on the team then.

15. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

A work in progress but they can be a deadly duo if Jalen irons out his off-ball movement with his speed. No other player is more athletic in the team.

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Maybe Amen when he can stay healthy.

17. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Neither one of those guys were great shooters though. They both had about 41/35 career shooting numbers which Jalen is basically at for his career. We should have a better idea of who Jalen is by the all star break.

18. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Honestly everyone would feel a lot better if they pretended that Sengun was the 2nd overall and Jalen was actually our 16th pick.

19. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Sun 11/19 @[​IMG]LAL 3-10

Fri 11/17 @[​IMG]LAC 5-16

Sun 11/12 vs[​IMG]DEN 1-13

Fri 11/10 vs[​IMG]NO 7-18

Wed 11/8 vs[​IMG]LAL 11-15

Its been a week and a half since Jalen had a good shooting night.
    Its fine and well if he is improving in other aspects of the game.
    But as a starter, this cant continue.

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Not really. Building a contender is about maximizing assets. We can talk hypotheticals to keep making excuses for Jalen Green if we want to bury our heads in the sand some more, but the reality is we wasted the 2nd pick.

csc177 likes this.