1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green is the Rockets' Franchise Player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by don grahamleone, Aug 10, 2023.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We did not have the problem when Harden played, I might not be his fan but Harden always timed his best around December, January.

Multiple Player of the Month, Player of the Week awards.....

Young guys were just finding excuses.....for the last 3 years

Now we have that half the season the young ones are not feeling it.....vibes.

We cannot win on the Road......etc. without FVV and DB it would not even be close.

#641 daywalker02, Nov 20, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2023
  2. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lol come on, those guys were already established in Boston before Udoka coached and they were not 21 like Jalen is. Tatum was in his 5th season and 23 years old. Jaylen Brown was in his 6th year and 25 years old

it was a different set up

i3artow i3aller and roslolian like this.
  3. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

We have been unlucky in the last 2 games. Both are close losses. Amazing how a tune would change if we won both. I'd rather be where we are now than last year getting belted.

i3artow i3aller and NewAge like this.
  4. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Well we are not in December yet ;) Different position again with roster strength than when Harden had his. We didn't even have Harden at the age or the years of experience that Jalen is at at the moment. We will start winning on the road, we have only had 4 road games.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ok...we'll talk in December or at New Year's Eve then as it does not matter that much......

You can already see FVV fatigued but alas Alperen powers us through.

The 21 years old saying only goes for so long.....Why is 21 year old Sengün that much better than 21 year old Jalen Green.....

there are things like playing in Europe that you cannot simulate for Jalen Green.

6. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

no one looks fatigued. That is just an excuse you only hear when you lose. the team has looked great. notice how people get more upset at close losses than big blowout losses. That is a positive. We are not far away. Bounce back tomorrow Fred does play 36mpg. Sengun 31mpg

You answered your own question here

Why is 21 year old Sengün that much better than 21 year old Jalen Green.....

there are things like playing in Europe that you cannot simulate for Jalen Green.

I'm glad we have both on our team to build with in the coming years.

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I like Green, I just hope he can limit the turnovers and get his shooting %% up eventually. I like how he has accepted the new regime. I don't see any pouting like you would have undoubtedly seen from KPJ.

dobro1229 likes this.
  8. invocux

invocux Member

A player can put up 20 shots if he is efficient. Ant and Booker are efficient scorers they put up 20 shots and they don't hurt their teams. Green is a volume scorer. Volume scorers are dime a dozen in the league. If he has to put up 18 shots to score 20-22 pts then he should put up 12 shots.

9. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

He doesn't usually have many turnovers. 4 in each of the last 2 games, then 2 in the previous 3 combined. 2 a game average in his career isn't much.

10. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

I like that he is attacking to get the rebounds more so far this season. Improved so far each season he has been in the league.

i3artow i3aller and NewAge like this.
  11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I guess I just get annoyed when I see how unnecessarily some of them happen...same with Alpi.

Alpi threw one ball straight to the opponent, I was pulling my hair out.

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

It seems to me that there is good chemistry on that between Alpi and him, too. Alpi boxes out the strong big men, and Jalen with his quick leaping ability gets up and gets the rebound. Wouldn't work as well the other way around, sometimes.

13. csc177

csc177 Member

Agree 100%.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  14. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Cade Cuningham was taken before Jalen and Cade shoots the ball at around the same overall clip as Jalen except from three, but Cade has been averaging nearly 5 turnovers a game.

15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Even at the current level of play, I prefer Jalen to Cunningham. Don't know, but I find Cunningham quite overrated.

roslolian likes this.
  16. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

he isn't a finished product....but some people keep treating him as if he is or they want him to get there fast. Anthony Edwards has a different body build and can power his way to the rim through traffic more easily than Jalen can. He can also shoot threes. They are in different situations.

Have some patients, let him grow with the team.

17. csc177

csc177 Member

Different or not, his point is spot on. The one thing everyone said Jalen Green could do it score (he didn't do crap else the last two years). This year, he can't even do that, and his mental mistakes and mindset are mind blowing. He's writing his story and it may not be in Houston for the long term. It took Ime 5 minutes to determine Sengun was this team's best player. I'm pretty sure he figured out Jalen just as fast. His mental makeup is not that of a superstar or even an emerging one. Athletic Jordan Clarkson was the best pre-draft comp, and it's already coming true.

I should have known never to rely on someone who consistently lies about his height. I remember watching a pre-draft video and he said he was 6'6 pushing 6'7. LOL. Stop it, pal. Then there was the JC video, the nail polish, that lack of media training to communicate clearly, and his embarrassing slam dunk contest "choke for the ages" performance...all this stuff adds up to tell Jalen's story. Trade him now before the rest of the league figures out what many (not all want to admit yet) already know.

You know's probably laughing his ass off right now? Annoying ass Bill Simmons. He called Jalen out years ago....

18. csc177

csc177 Member

No Anthony has a different makeup between the EARS! Thats the differentiating factor between an emerging star and just an athletic player in the NBA.

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

he’s still very young. give him 7 more years until we can judge

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Isn't that how long Stone said we should wait to judge him?

(I doubt Frittata agrees...)

Jontro likes this.