1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green for LaMelo Ball - would ya?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Dec 28, 2022.

?

Would you trade J. Green for L. Ball?

Poll closed Jan 11, 2023.
  1. Yes

73 vote(s)
    25.5%
  2. No

213 vote(s)
    74.5%
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

That doesn't matter in asset management - he is the more valuable trade chip, so you can get more for him when you have one that is equal or better in production in KPJ already on the roster.

DD

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

No.

Stop it. These hypotheticals are stupid and you know it.

majicdonjuan likes this.
  3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Open shots pfffft. Man can't even draw fouls from defenders. Kpj isn't a big enough offense threat to draw double teams yet he's able to create open shots for his teammates.

Sengun gives his teammates wide open shots, kpj just dumps it to his teammates regardless if they are guarded.

U set up your rookies and youngster in the best possible position by having someone who actually knows how to play pg/ distribute the ball not some youngster learning it on the fly.

It's like saying a dude learning English for the first time tasked to teach English isn't gonna hinder the learning development of said students. Stupidity is strong In kpj fans.

#503 DatRocketFan, Jan 9, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2023
    Ancient Moabite likes this.
  4. DaDakota

Supporting Member

No they aren't being a blind fan is stupid and you should know that.

We don't need to get attached to ANY player, we need a roster that works - this one does not and arguably our two best players play the same position move one of them to get better at a position of need.

DD

5. fchowd0311

Why would anyone contemplate the trade?

Let's trade for Gainnis then if we want absurd hypotheticals. About about Luka?

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Your tantrum has no basis in fact.

The numbers show the open shots are being created, you just need to make excuses for players that suck right now.

I get it, you wish Jalen Green didn't suck. I wish he didn't suck too....that's not a reason to try and tear down the few players on the team performing well.

7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Kpj isn't performing well though. He's has the lowest +/- three games in a row. All Ls.

U can say he's doing better than Green and smith in some games but it's a given when he's the one hindering the development of the two youngsters.

Luckily sengun development isn't that hindered by kpj, man was honed playing with adults in his league.

Please stop acting like I'm acting up and all of sudden decided to call out kpj. My stance was always consistent kpj isn't a pg and this stupid experiment is hindering the development of the young players.

majicdonjuan likes this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If your only analysis is raw plus minus then you probably shouldn't be even attempting to talk basketball. When KPJ is out there on the court with 3 of the worst players on the team in Gordon, Green, and Smith, of course that'll negatively effect his raw plus minus numbers....doesn't mean he's not performing well.

In the past 10 games, KPJ is putting up 23/6/5 with a 63 TS% and is hitting over 40% on his 3's

Sorry kiddo, but your narrative is incredibly ignorant.

KPJ is trending better while basically the rest of the team besides Sengun just suck.

9. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Bobby and DD hopefully work for KPJ because it's impossible to be this stupid otherwise

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

lamelo looked like a clueless chucker last night. 4-16 before getting hurt

11. i3artow i3aller

12. kkthksbai

kkthksbai Member

Nah, but seeing Sengun and Ball on the floor together would be a lot of fun.

13. fchowd0311

Lol I can't imagine LaMelo being in the mood to praise other players of his age group now. Dude got injured on a bad shooting night and his team is constantly losing. Can't think he's in a good headspace now.

World's of talent though, bordering on generational in some instances with his ball skills at his height.

14. O-dawg

O-dawg Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL... It's like Jalen read this thread and marked the Bobcats game on his calendar.

"Trade me for who now... oh that guy who can't stay on the court this season... checkmate"

15. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Still would and any competent GM would as well.

DD

16. dmoneybangbang

The problem is the Hornets aren't trading their franchise player for Green...... this is just all an exercise for you to trash Green and prop up KPJ which has been your MO the entire season.

I would trade LaMelo for Green in a heart beat..... I'd also trade a KPJ centered package for Kuzma in heartbeat.

17. majicdonjuan

majicdonjuan Member

Exactly. He's so eager to be right about Green sucking that he puts all this stupidity into the universe. It's obvious KPJ ain't a point guard and likely never will be.

If he's better than Green in 5 years it is what it is, but I wouldn't bet on that being the case.

18. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Well I hope they are both great, and KPJ is better right now....but he is 2 years older so...there is that.

DD

19. King1

No. KPJ is garbage. Eventually you'll see it

RasaqBoi likes this.
  20. King1

Any competent gm wouldn't have KPJ starting