1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green for LaMelo Ball - would ya?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Dec 28, 2022.

?

Would you trade J. Green for L. Ball?

Poll closed Jan 11, 2023.
  1. Yes

73 vote(s)
    25.5%
  2. No

213 vote(s)
    74.5%
  1. Ancient Moabite

you still didn't answer what I asked, it has nothing to do who originally said it, that's their 2 cents, I was just asking for yours

There is nothing about any players future that is a near lock because injuries can derail that at the blink of an eye, which plenty of players past n present has showcased

2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Obviously would be stupid to give up on Green at this point given his potential and current career trajectory. Ball is a better player now but that doesn't mean he will always be.

3. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I have no idea how his perimeter shooting will evolve. Logically, it should improve, but it actually decreased from year 1 to year 2. Isn't it uncommon for high volume 3pt shooters to shoot below average from the 3pt line in year 1 and then get worse in year 2?

I guess, given that it's so low, it has no where to go but up, right?

4. Ancient Moabite

All g, I would also figure into he is more likely being guarded by the other teams best perimeter defender much more often this year as opposed to last and also moved up to being more so co-1st option which has to figure into the decreased pct somewhat

You would want n hope for any player % to increase from year to year, so its going to be up to him to work on that during the reg./off-season and also coach who puts their players in best position to excel

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I don't think it is fair to judge Green or KPJ at this point - all we can fairly say is that KPJ is a better ISO player - but we have no clue as to whom will be the better overall NBA player until we see them with a proper coach and system.

Until that happens we have a can of hope, and nothing else.

DD

topfive likes this.
  6. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I said no only because I really can't stand Ball. But watching him recently I think I could stomach Lavar Ball at the games. Pull the trigger on the trade tonight!

7. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

DD

I think you're right! It's time to trade Green!

DaDakota likes this.
  8. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

It's time! Trade him

9. DaDakota

Supporting Member

23% - trending upwards.

DD

10. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't, but I'm pretty sure the Hornets also wouldn't.

It's a win-win!

..right?

daywalker02 and DaDakota like this.
  11. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Op is so far ahead of the average Joe....

;)

DD

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Keep the same energy after like a 2 week hot streak from Green.

13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

One of the biggest reason for Jalen green poor shooting is bc we have kpj as a pg who doesn't know how to run an offense.

How does dd propose we fix this problem? Trade our prized rookie and a sht ton of assets for lamelo just to make kpj life easier, the man who is hindering green in the first place.

Dd infatuation for kpj clouds his mind from thinking logically.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Ah yes, scrubs like Jalen Green only miss wide open shots due to who created the wide open shots for them.

Brilliant.

15. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Lol at 'scrubs like Jalen Green " when you couldn't give away the trash that is KPJ if you wanted to. Bobby is the village idiot though just like his hero so no surprise

16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Folks have a harder time shooting when they have a low iq bb player controlling the offense. It's a factor not the only reason.

Common sense seems to elude kpj only fans.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If you are a good shooter, an open 3 is an open 3. Your excuses are kind of hilarious.

18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

1. U acknowledge that if kpj was on a different team he is talented enough to b starter but a different role aka not the pg.

What does that mean? U basically acknowledge that kpj skillset isn't good enough to b a point guard on a playoff team.

2. If Kpj isn't good enough to b a point guard on a playoff team according to u how is it excuses when folks are pointing out that he's hindering the development of everybody else (Green Smith sengun) when he's point guard for our team.

Mental gymnastics. U and double d are really in contention for gold in this category.

#498 DatRocketFan, Jan 9, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2023
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I acknowledge that on a good team, KPJ would likely have a different role because most good teams have at least one competent ball handler already. KPJ is a decent enough combo guard, but in a perfect world, he'd have someone else out there capable of handling the ball too so that he wouldn't have to do it all the time.

Unfortunately, the Rockets basically don't have anyone other than KPJ that can help him out at all.

There's hope Sengun maybe could take on a larger role, maybe Tate could help out, but thus far this season he hasn't had much help.

Position names don't really matter, he could absolutely be penciled in as the PG on a playoff team, he just couldn't be surrounded by scrubs like he is in Houston.

You say KPJ is hindering development of others.....by creating open shots for them that they brick....that doesn't follow. He can't make shots for the scrubs too.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol the Hornets would lose a lot they worked for the last couple years.

I mean they are bad but losing a PG like that.....