1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green for LaMelo Ball - would ya?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Dec 28, 2022.

?

Would you trade J. Green for L. Ball?

Poll closed Jan 11, 2023.
  1. Yes

73 vote(s)
    25.5%
  2. No

213 vote(s)
    74.5%
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's profoundly ridiculous. If you had a thread asking if people would trade KPJ for Ball, they're would be no controversy.... because there are no delusional KPJ first or KPJ only fans. Hell they're aren't any delusional Smith only or Smith first fans either.

This kind of thing ONLY happens with Green only or Sengun only fans.

2. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Telecast mentioned that the Rockets have had the second toughest schedule to this point.
    Only the Pistons had faced a greater winning percentage (of teams they played)

Will get one of the easiest schedules from this point to up until the All Star Break

3. comrade

comrade Member

A lot of interesting thought processes in this thread I appreciate reading them all. To simply answer the question I voted yes, but like the majority of the NBA, I'm enamored with jumbo playmakers.

4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

What a load of bs. I bet u would b the first one to deflect to trading green instead.

Prime example
    Folks want to just bench kpj as sixth man u get all defensive about it and list your whole spiel about why green is more deserving of the bench first.

U will do the exact same sht to anyone starting a thread about trading kpj, u will just type your spiel about how green is the worst defender and why he's more reasonable to b traded b4 kpj

5. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I know you weren’t on the bbs during the Yao r subsequent Lin years but the silly Sengun fans ate the same type of passionate fan that is tied to the player because they are Taiwanese-American/Asian looking, the pride of China or THE prominent Turkisk athlete.

You attack posters who aren’t that level of strange or aggressive because they like Jalen Green enough to believe he may make a meteoric jump in the NBA. You infer that these people are stupid to the point that they wouldn’t trade Green for Dončić. No one actually says that but you extrapolate the LaMelo example (unfairly) to assign these intentions to people. So that being said…. Obviously it is the same for you. You would hold KPJ here even if offered Bane and Morant for KPJ and Gordon. I will just ascribe this lunacy to you and Trump it so.

Go to the hangout and start a poll asking if the BBS generally thinks you bring value and objectivity to conversations? Or if you are reasonable or civil to seal with? If DaDakota is a slobbering, energetic saint bernard then you sir are a rabid pug. You need to re-calibrate the value of your posting to bring more to the BBS.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's completely different. If you want to trade KPJ for Ball, that helps the team, if you want to bench KPJ, that hurts the team.

Supporting a trade that would bring in a legit budding superstar is a good idea, benching basically the only competent ball handler on the team just to say you did is just stupid.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Me !!!

DD

And yes that is bourbon in there....Happy New year!

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

would do green + kjp for melo

Lloyd Estacio likes this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So even in a poll you picked Lamelo is considered the better player, but somehow you think you are making a point?

LOL thanks for exposing yourself again.

DaDakota likes this.
  10. DaDakota

Supporting Member

As I said Nimrod I would trade KPJ for him too......for me, I don't fall in love with any player, it is all about whether the Rockets get better.

DD

11. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Drunk Dakota and Bobby the fake at it again

12. DaDakota

Supporting Member

LOL - so now as you aren't getting any attention with your one liners to nowhere you once again resort to personal attacks.

I feel sorry for you - you need a hug......must be hard trying to get attention by being an ******* so often - and being ignored....bring it in big guy, bring it in....

Everyone give this man a hug, he needs some support he is struggling....

DD

13. JW86

JW86 Member

LOL that this is one of the biggest threads.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You'd think it would be a simple "Well, obviously" and that would be the end of it, but people wanted to fight about it for some reason.

15. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

reading comprehension is not your strong suit, is it?

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You're flailing my guy.

Just own it and move on.

17. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

read the post again - once more - slowly so you can comprehend - then get my name out of your mouth.

18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

We all know u prefer kpj over Green. Been exposed b4 for your lack of patience over Green. It's hard 4 u to stop pining for mobley hence this stupid thread.

Keeps asking patience for kpj and lo behold wondering if we should get rid of green

It's not about fallin in love with a player that's wrong it's about hypocrites like u saying one thing to folks and behaving opposite to what u preach.

Ask for patience and wonder if short term thinking trade is best for the org. Why bother telling people to have patience then?

#438 DatRocketFan, Jan 2, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2023
  19. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Green's not much younger and is not near the playmaker LaMelo is. Could change in the future. But right now the only reason you take Green over LaMelo is if you're traumatized by the TMac/Yao injury years.

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Somebody missed their meds this morning.