1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green for LaMelo Ball - would ya?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Dec 28, 2022.

?

Would you trade J. Green for L. Ball?

Poll closed Jan 11, 2023.
  1. Yes

73 vote(s)
    25.5%
  2. No

213 vote(s)
    74.5%
  1. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Why would Rockets fans feel down that Lamelo is better than Jalen Green? Lamelo was an all-star in his second year. If he's the comparison, then it's a high bar.

Improving the roster is lacking self-awareness? Seriously?

And no one would wonder why we're discussing trade scenarios with Green if the scenario results in us getting Lamelo...

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Got trade scenarios for Luka?

What about Giannis?

At this point these are absurd hypotheticals that posters like Dakota can make so it's an easy avenue to **** on Green because LaMelo obviously at this point is the better player.

No one is trading Green now. No one is trading LaMelo now. It's an irrelevant discussion only used to **** on Green and I think this thread chain of replies throughout justifies my take here.

comrade, Dobbizzle and DatRocketFan like this.
  3. wekko368

wekko368 Member

It may be an irrelevant discussion, but the thread is over 20 pages so, at the very least, it was entertaining.

Also, you never know when someone will be traded. Weren't we all surprised when we got Harden? Didn't the Haliburton/Sabonis trade catch a lot of people off guard?

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Since you are acting as our resident Jalen Green superfan how about we see how deep this goes.

Would you at least support trading Jalen for Luka if Dallas was stupid enough to accept?

Since you got upset by the prospect of getting LaMelo for Green, it really wouldn't surprise me no matter what you say here, but it'll be interesting

5. fchowd0311

Nah Green is better than Luka. ;)

Anyways this is basic psychology. The only reason someone would start these absurd hypotheticals that obviously will never happen is to **** on the player.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's in line with the things you've said in this thread thus far

7. fchowd0311

Ya. I think he has potential to be goat. MJ with a 3 pt shot and better hair.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's fair, I'm glad you're sticking to it. That belief has been the basis of the disagreement in this thread and others

9. fchowd0311

No the disagreement is making matter of fact claims like Green has no potential to be a superstar.

There is a wide ocean sized gradient between superstar and MJ.

I think you confused some people saying Green has similar athletic traits to Jordan and parenting people actually made the claim his ceiling is Jordan. Harold Minor had Jordan athleticism too.

No one thought that. It's just some false point you have in your head kinda like the Mendella effect. And you use at as fuel to hate Green more. Kinda sad.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  10. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Offensively Jalen Green has more Scoring Moves than Lamelo. Jalen Green Speed is Elite. LaMelo shoots deep 3s that dont go in. Jalen have an amazing ability in step back 3

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

As far as I know, literally no one said that.

12. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Apply BTG logic to everyone!

Bobby wouldn’t trade KPJ for Luka.
    Nor would DD
    Clutch wouldn’t trade Smith for Luka.
    Ankara wouldn’t trade Sengun for Jordan (although accurate).

Dobbizzle and fchowd0311 like this.
  13. bmelo

bmelo Member

He cant even legally buy a beer averaging 21ppg and you see no superstar potential? You have no scouting skills bro. Jalen would be pushed around by people in my local amateur league he is that weak physically. Once he has man's strength he will be whole lot of different player... You don't even take into the account how much tired you are when you constantly give up strength and weight. If you compare him to MJ or Bron then your point may be valid but nobody saw superstars in tmac curry kawhi ja etc

Dobbizzle likes this.
  14. bmelo

bmelo Member

Jalen green has all-time shot separation and tough shots making ability and that's the only thing manifesting because he is so weak all his shots are tough... Once he is able to generate easy baskets he will be bonkers

ilias and Dobbizzle like this.
  15. bmelo

bmelo Member

Bro we have 20yo scoring off balanced off the dribble in your face threes with regular 10points in a quarter and some of y'all don't see superstar potential.... He is typical late bloomer yet still has 21 ppg. If he stays working and injury free he will be all nba player I have zero doubts bout jt

Dobbizzle likes this.
  16. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Green has put on a good bit of muscle over the last year. Anytime an athlete begins to bulk up like that. It’s gonna throw off they’re shooting calibration a little bit.

Hence, you see him more effective, going to the rim, but some of the shooting stuff has not taken the jump that we would like. I very much expect that between year three and four, when he begins to take on a little bit more of his final physical form.

bmelo likes this.
  17. fchowd0311

Our next head coach in the crowd.

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I didn’t say you were blinded. Someone else said someone would have to blinded by fandom or something if you wouldn’t trade Green for Ball.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not a good game by the youngster.

20. Ancient Moabite

It was due since he had a decent past 5 games, now he needs to get back on track and have another strong 5 game stretch before the next clunker