1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green for LaMelo Ball - would ya?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Dec 28, 2022.

?

Would you trade J. Green for L. Ball?

Poll closed Jan 11, 2023.
  1. Yes

73 vote(s)
    25.5%
  2. No

213 vote(s)
    74.5%
  1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What he's doing at his age is special. And the eye test clears with him.

2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

No. If lamelo is truly someone we desire. It's gonna b like sengun green, Eric Gordon mlw first pick and Nets 1st pick. They might even demand another one of our youngster In the form of kmj or Eason.

I don't rate lamelo that highly but the hornets clearly do. The price for Rudy gobert was insane, I assume the gm of the hornets would demand something like that.

3. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

This is a better answer, I'd definitely be more inclined to trade the other potential stars for Lamelo than Green. That'd be one hell of a backcourt!

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

That would be a haul....I still might do it though......if it clears some of the development chaffe we have on the team.

Green + EGo, Mlw Pick, + Nets pick and Christopher would still be a yes for me......I would have to think about Sengun - if it was Green and Sengun I think that might be too much for me.

DD

Dobbizzle likes this.
  5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Lamelo is not a serious player and not even good

6. DaDakota

Supporting Member

7. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Give Jalen Green a decent PG to play with and see what numbers he puts up.

Funny how for KPJ it's "give him time to develop" or "he's got terrible coaching" or whatever, but 1 year into Green's career it's time to cut bait.

8. fattz

fattz Member

I don’t think we could get him from Charlotte. His brother currently injured from Chicago maybe obtainable while keeping our top assets intacted.

DaDakota likes this.
  9. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Not what this is about Sam....please try to keep up.....this is about roster management......think of it like you would if it were a Daryl Morey post.

NO ONE is giving up on Green - I am saying because he is our most valuable chip, could we net a more valuable one??

DD

10. DaDakota

Supporting Member

That is good, but I don't think he is as good as LeMelo, TBH, but sure....would look at getting him - if he will be healthy.

DD

11. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Players like Ball need Greens to make their teams competitive. Scorers like Green (potentially) don't need players like Ball to make their teams competitive, they just need a competent distributor. So, no wouldn't trade Green for Ball. I see Ball in the mold of a Jason Kidd, almost Nash... players that need a top 10 scorer to make their teams successful.

Rocket River and xaos like this.
  12. HP3

HP3 Member

Please stop saying that lol.

13. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I'm with you, I didn't mean it as a put down. Lamelo is a fantastic player, he is special, and he's on the right trajectory. I think I just have a high bar for what I consider a franchise guy. To me a franchise guy is "we are sure this guy can be the best player on a championship team and we're ready to go all in to build around this guy." Lamelo isn't there yet.

HP3 likes this.
  14. DaDakota

Supporting Member

That is where I believe LaMelo is...he and Ja are on the same Trajectory for me, whereas Green seems more along the lines of say...Lavine....a very good scorer, more of a CJ McCullough or Beal type of player....not an alpha.

DD

harold bingo likes this.
  15. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Don’t know enough outside of the highlights but he seems to be a better playmaker, right?

I’d consider it, but lean towards betting on Jalen to develop those skills.

16. cbass

cbass Member

Jalen is already as good as Lavine right now. Lavine is his floor, not his ceiling. You refuse to acknowledge how high Jalen’s ceiling actually is.

pippendagimp and xaos like this.
  17. DaDakota

Supporting Member

See that is where I struggle, so many people say that you can't develop that when they are talking about KPJ yet, here, we have people saying Green can develop it......makes your head spin really.

I do think there is some advantage to playing PG all your life, and I think LaMelo is one of the new generation of scoring PG's......and he is an elite one at that, and is heading towards superstardom.

I don't see any Rocket that I can say that about.

Green is not as good as Lavine is right now ,and I don't acknowledge what I don't believe. Why don't you tell me what you think Green's ceiling is....I think he is a good SG with a 25-27ppg scoring avg at his peak and will probably be an all star for 3-5 seasons.....but I don't view him as a Franchise leading player.

DD

18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

perfectly good random trades 2022-23 thread material ;)

WestendMassive likes this.
  19. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Maybe but polls get lost in that, this is a slow day, let's have some fun thread.

DD

Os Trigonum likes this.
  20. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I don’t expect Jalen to ever develop PG level distribution skills. Just need him to be able to find guys off his double and triple teams. Eventually, hopefully, he can create for others simply by attracting more defensive attention, sucking the defense towards him and then skip passing to the weak side. His handles aren’t nearly as good as KPJs, however.