1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen green can be special!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dkoune, Aug 8, 2021.

1. varughese.arun

Josh was forsythia hooping

2. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’ve never understand why people even respond to his nonsense… basketball, politics, anything, it’s waste of time… I guess putting your initials add something…. RB

3. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

DD with the lame takes again. I would be worried if he said good things about Zero G and Sengun

4. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Remember JC is just a kid. Not some fat blowhard on the internet who posts 100xs a day like DD. I always laugh at people like that.

Let's give him time

5. King1

He's always wrong. We're good

jcmoon, Drift Monkey, Theking and 5 others like this.
  6. King1

No life loser.

7. HardenVolumeOne

man it just hit me that kevin porter jr had a 50/11 againist the current nba champs and a defensive god in jrue holiday at 19 years old

This backcourt with green/kpj has the potential to be better than any backcourt in this franchises history. Yes including the cp3/harden backcourt.. simply because of how young these guys are( while being so damn good)

gotta find a sucker to take wall and eric gordon off our hands tho

8. csc177

csc177 Member

JG just had one of the best debuts in summer league (compared to current NBA superstars). Only the Black Mamba (25p) had more.

…about time we had some positivity around h-town basketball again. I’m excited to cheer for this kid. He’s special, even after the small sample size I saw tonight.

9. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Green's shot is pure. It's very soft and high arcing. Going forward, the game will only slow down for him and the court will become more visible. It will be fun to watch him grow.

Sengun was impressive. He will lose some battles on both ends, but he's a smart enough player to win most of the wars. I haven't looked at the box score, but it wouldn't surprise me if he led in +/-. Seemed like when he sat we were much less effective.

Josh showed potential and calmed down quite a bit in the second. Needs to see the court better and slow things down. As an athlete, he certainly belongs and as a defender, it looks like he does too. Great effort as well. Come at me, but I think his mid-20s floor is Mario Elie.

We've definitely got athletes and we've got a basketball player or two. Just need to make a team over the next few seasons.

10. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

Love what I saw tonight. Those tough shot makes def had flashes of Kobe. His ability to get to the rim is special.

11. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Green was on another tier talent wise from everyone else on the floor. Yes including Mobley.

He was as advertised. Uber athletic, makes ridiculous tough shots, pure shooter from distance, lightning quick first step. I also saw a lot of effort on defense.

He’s going to be a star the question is can he be an all time great?

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

KPJ was 21 by that time dude but I agree with your excitement of the future of this backcourt.

jcmoon and csc177 like this.
  13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Certainly a promising start.

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Didn't watch the game, just saw the highlights and the box score. 15 rebounds and 14 FTAs looks pretty good for Sengun. I think these stats typically translate pretty well from one level of competition to the next, so if he can continue to do well on those throughout the summer league games that's a good sign.

15. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Green will be a stud. Alperen is going to need to split time in the G League and get NBA ready. I like how we used to do that. He needs strength and conditioning. The turkish league definitely is not the NBA. He's got the instincts and he will be good but he is definitely a project.

16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

After seeing JG today, I am more and more convinced that if Kobe and MJ had a baby - it could actually be JG. Boom. Take that for data.

*drops mic*

17. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

For those who only saw the highlights

His passing was on point!!! players just didn't finish, he can dish nicely off the dribble

18. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes, could tell he wasn't comfortable running PnR with Sengun; but was calling for
    Kenyon Martin jr to run the PnR with.

But he needs to get comfortable running PnR with Sengun. I'm sure he will.
    With Garuba as well. He just wanted to get out to a good start game 1....
    with less hiccups.

*side note: Marcus Forster and Lamb hurt us vs Cavs today. We would have
    won more more if not for them.

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Just said it in the other thread and i see a lot of people had the same feel by watching him but yeah, it's pretty clear how natural it looks for him to score/shoot, and i think his defense was better then expected. It's just one game but it definitely feels he might turn out as the best player of this draft.

And for some reason he also reminds me of James Brown which is obviously a plus, lol.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No, a younger Scola was still dominating for Argentina - but he looked better in the 2nd half - those were first half comments..and spot on.

DD

Caesar likes this.