1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green Apology Form

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreamR, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

What’s the FG percentage?

jayfree likes this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You mean efg% and ts% more specifically adjusted efg% and ts%?

Fg% is rather irrelevant.

REEKO_HTOWN and harold bingo like this.
  4. jayfree

jayfree Member

Or bring back Scola and DMO. We'd be unstoppable

harold bingo likes this.
  5. Rokman

Rokman Member

No but that's not the point. We are talking about a second year guard who's shooting percentages have all DROPPED not improved. His performance last year before the end of year correction was dismal. The overall percentages this year are even worse.

______2021-2022. Vs. 2022-2023
    FG% ___ 42.6 ___________ 41.6 (- 1%)
    3P% ___ 34.3 ___________ 33.2 (- 1.1%)
    FT% ___ 79.7 ___________ 77.9 (- 1.8%)

Now, go ahead and rattle off your excuses.

Two 40 point games sandwiching a turd doesn't erase his performance this year.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

My bad, my intention was to bring up his efficiency so TS and efg

7. DreamR

DreamR Member

But I thought Sengun was the reason we won and Silas was the reason we lost

The SOF's have been very convincing

8. fchowd0311

Look as someone stats using shooting splits, I know they are causality fans.

It's okay you don't know better.

Green's shooting splits all dropped yet his ts% so far for a little over half the season played only dropped by less than a percentage point while expanding his volume and role which means defenses honing him on him.

Expanding output and usage with defenses doubling, trapping etc you more while maintaining relatively the same ts% is a big improvement. Defenses weren't honing in on Green last season. He had more easier looks with less percentage of his makes being unassisted.

And a big reason for his ts% staying near the same even though his shooting splits dropped is because he's doing something that is far more indicative of sustainable efficient scoring in the future than hot shooting.... His ftr.

Green is I believe leading his draft class and almost all guards in his age group of 19-22 in ftr. He beats perimeter defenses constantly and gets to the paint slot generating a lot of fouls for a guard his age as refs hold their whistle more often for players this young.

To me that's more important than hot shooting. Green will be a more consistent shooter as he gets older. That's a near guarantee. What wasn't a guarantee was if Green can generate fouls by attacking the rim a lot a la pretty much every superstar guard before him.

9. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

What is KP in Wins and Losses?

He is Silas Favorite Player on the Team.

Jalen Green and Alperen Sengun are Role Players for KP in Silas Mind. Smh

10. vince

vince Member

Folks bolting off of Green isn’t an outlier. There are plenty of young players who came to the league filled with hype and potential, and were released or traded because the team’s didn’t see a match after 2 or 3 seasons. It’s more the exception than the rule when a player is able to save face and save his career after his original team ships him away because they could not get the best out of him.

I think most people still see a lot of positives from Green, which won’t warrant moving away from Green.

Though Green still shows a lot of upside, as he gets stronger and continues to fill out his body.

But I think Segune and Green are a better 1 and 2 option than Green and KPJ are a 1 and 2 option.

I hope KPJ focuses more on his ball handling and distribution, while feeding Segune and Green much—much more than he looks for his own baskets. Segune should be getting 18-20+ shots per game. Green needs to realize when his shot isn’t falling, at which point he needs to drive to the basket with his athletic abilities; too often he tries to shoot out of a slump.

11. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Jalen merely showed his potential.
    Consistency is his issue and will determine the length and success of his future NBA career.
    No apologies necessary.

Y2JT likes this.
  12. Rokman

Rokman Member

The defenses were on him last year as well. When he drives, he's not intelligent about it and often times destroys the play. His defense is subpar and his turn overs have increased by 50% with only an 8% increase in time on the floor (fortunately it's a small number). Call it defenses locking in on him but the eye test says otherwise.

13. fchowd0311

No the defenses are definitely concentrating on him more this year. Dude stood around in a corner for half his rookie season lol.

I love how you just ignore all my points.

14. fchowd0311

Hard disagree. There is a difference between criticism and writing his career off and we've seen plenty of posters doing that here recently.

vator likes this.
  15. jim1961

jim1961 Member

The folks writing off his career need to find a new sports site.

Pistol Pete and fchowd0311 like this.
  16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I didn't take the form because I'm a JOF

DreamR and fchowd0311 like this.
  17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Twitter takes were going wild. When I saw the trade Jalen tweets, I had to log off.

DreamR and Nook like this.
  18. Rokman

Rokman Member

Not ignoring your points, I just see other points that show he's not in need of some apology. That's all I'm focused on here. And for the record I have not written off his career. I'm just pointing out the fact that he is not improving. That may be a system thing and I hear that argument but regardless he's struggling, and 2 games do not erase half a season. That's my whole point.

19. fchowd0311

He's definitely improving in some areas. His ball handling is much better. His pnr playamking is better. You know it's Green, not KPJ that is leading this team in volume and ppp for pnr plays right? Not our starting pg who traditionally should be our best pnr ball handler.

His ftr has made a significant jump. That means he's getting to the rim more often and getting more contact and opportunities at the line.

DreamR and Rokman like this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

People are wild.

There is a difference between questioning the reachable ceiling of Green, whether he will be an all star or a superstar........ and thinking the Rockets should trade him. Green and Smith shouldn't be discussed in trades even at this point.