1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green Apology Form

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreamR, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

There are people who put their ego above the team.

There are people that only follow the team for a particular player.

That's cool, but at the end of the day all we should want is for the Rockets to be the best they can be--and I believe the majority of us do want that. Frustration is a given when we follow a young, developing team like this. But these moments of joy while watching our young guys do well are awesome!

TheJet, marinara and BaselineFade like this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What about the game before the first Min game?

3. fchowd0311

The good and great ones throughout league history have mostly come to the league at age 21 or older. Guys like Lebron and Luka have spoiled people and people now want instant gratification with their high lottery picks who are 19-20 year olds to instantly be superstars.

Guys like Garnett, Kobe, TMac, the earlier ones who joined at 18-19 took multiple year before people thought they were star level players.

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

If you're telling me all we need from JG for these kinds of performances is a bit of, idk, effort...

He should be filling out the apology form for me and all other Rockets fans.

I don't care much about the scoring. Re-watching a lot of his bucked, his shot was on. We KNOW this won't be the case every game - so far in his career, won't be the case at least half if not more of the games - what will he do when that's the case? Hopefully the EFFORT, HUSTLE, lack of boneheaded turnovers is what stays.

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

So to convince you Green needs to average 41 pts every game? Lol just ridiculous.

Green is a kid he wont be consistent because majority of kids rarely are. Lets talk 5 yrs down the road which is when players usually break out and reach their prime. If you want examples look at Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball and Lauri Markannen.

The only players who break out and perform great from Day 1 are generational talents. Even James Harden, Zach Lavine and Bradley Beal werent superstars at age 20.

TheRedRanger and fchowd0311 like this.
  6. fchowd0311

In both his 40 pt games this season, less than half his shots were three point makes. There is even an info graphic somewhere here someone recently posted that Green is one of the league leaders in self generated at the rim shots. Meaning he gets to the paint a lot. To say his good scoring games are him just being hot is a reductive lol at his games.

Believe It! and roslolian like this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the good news is I don't think we have very many EGO Only Fans

Roomba and fchowd0311 like this.
  8. Landry's Tooth

Jalen in our wins:
    28.5 points
    51.7% fg
    41.1% 3pt
    64.6% ts%
    4.5 assists
    4.6 rebounds
    18.81 fga

Jalen in our losses:
    20.1 points
    38.2% fg
    30.5% 3pt
    50.0% ts
    3.3 assists
    4.1 rebounds
    17.65 fga

I think Jalen is the primary reason we win or lose which is why we lose so much...

If he could consistently be something in between we might see some improvement...

Y2JT and xaos like this.
  9. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

If he meets those numbers he will be in Curry territory. That’s pretty hard on a 20 year old second year player. Volume of 3 pters does come into the equation. If he takes 7 or more at 40% that is elite territory and will make his drives more effective and will end up on the FT line a lot more. This is what I expect in a year or two, but my goodness that’s a really high bar for 1/2 way through his 2nd year at age 20. Consistent defensive effort and improved defensive technique is where he should be concentrating. The offense will obviously come as he matures.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I don’t care. It’s about consistency and discipline.

B-Bob and clutchdabear like this.
  11. fchowd0311

That is an absolute absurd win/loss splits.

I don't know what it says exactly but dear lord. Dude has been a MVP level player in wins and JR Smith is losses.

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

13. Rokman

Rokman Member

Well, this thread is asking people to apologize for being critical of his game sense he had 2 good games out of the last 3 as if that just wipes away everything. I disagree that anyone should be making claims that anyone should be apologizing for watching the game and the box score, seeing the obvious and taking a shot at his performance. It has not been good. That's just facts. By NBA average standards he's under achieving.

14. Rokman

Rokman Member

Now count the wins and losses. That will tell you how he's been playing this year. Do the Defensive numbers and you will see the apologies erased.

15. fchowd0311

One would say "historically" underachieving:

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/mo...mes has scored the,player, with 29.3 per game.

16. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Idiots did.

17. fchowd0311

Is he like in his prime and we don't expect much more improvement out of him?

I know he's nearing that geriatric stage with his 21st birthday coming up next month.

18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I literally re-watched all his makes last night.

He had a solid amount of mid-range makes. That's GREAT!! He also had 6 threes and 6 fts. He basically was a 3 level scorer last night and efficient in all areas.

It's also worth noting, typically he is a very inefficient mid-range shooter. But last night he had 2 one-handed FT-line esque floaters, multiple non-paint mid-range makes, etc.

I think his mid-range efficiency is a function of his decision making and the overall offense being run last night, in addition to whether he's just on.

The CLEAR differentiator in the offense last night wasn't even Jalen's makes. I mean it WAS, but the ??? is why was he on? Just hot? Or something more. I WANT to believe it was something more, and that something specifically being the fact that so much of his action was coming off Alpi DHOs or plays with motion. Yes, he had some amazing individual one on one moves, too... but there was so much more action where he's not having to "think" as much and instead is just read and react.

Believe It!, Plowman and daywalker02 like this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Benjamin Button was born old. :D

20. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

Believe It! and fchowd0311 like this.