1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Jalen Green Apology Form

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreamR, Jan 23, 2023.

1. DreamR

DreamR Member

Jalen Green is going to get HOTT

The question isn't IF it's WHEN

Players don't jump from 14 PTS on 38% FG 31% 3P to 22 PTS on 47% FG 38% 3P in the same season (especially their rookie season)

Maybe an 8 or 9-game stretch but not 24 games like JG

He's always going to have doubters both in this fan base and around the league

But sooner or later he will make them eat their words. So go ahead and doubt him when he puts up 10-point stinkers on 23% FG

Talk about his bad defense, get upset about using our #2 pick on him, and go ahead and dream about trading him to another team

Once he breaks through he's not coming back down to earth for a long time

2. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Apology for what? His shot selection and defense were crap before this game.

Rokman and Corrosion like this.
  3. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Depend for who.

DaDakota likes this.
  4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

No, the Sengun fans almost all like Green. You are confusing this with the 7 KPJ stans on the forum, plus KPJ's uncle, who badmouthes both Green and Sengun on Twitter.

5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

DD and Bobbythesmall

IBTL, rfrocket, clutchdabear and 4 others like this.
  6. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I don't understand these threads.

Jalen literally three games ago set a career high. *insert zomfg such disrespect, he's legend, clutchfan losers etc etc.

Then he had literally the worst game he's ever played, which is saying something.

Then he has a career high and we're back to these threads.

It's almost like some members have the memory of a goldfish.

Accept he's going to be good, then he's going to be terrible again. Then he'll be good again. Then he'll be terrible again. Threads don't need to be made claiming you were right all along because Jalen is going to make you look stupid - no matter which side of the fence you're sitting on.

7. vator

vator Contributing Member

I made one of these a while back and I can’t find it. I just spent the last 35 minutes looking for it :(

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

It's so funny to read people saying they would jump on the bandwagon if he kept up this level of play. So Jalen has to average 40 points and play good defense in a win to convince some people that he's a great prospect. Is that all? Is that all he has to do to convince you? lol

Jalen's future is all about his defense and shot selection right now. If he's doing these two things on a slowly improving scale the rest of the season, we're on the right track.

9. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Good bounce back game for Green and the way he responded after the terrible game he had is promising.

But he needs to string together more good performances and start making it the norm to have a good game.

clutchdabear and Mathloom like this.
  10. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hopefully the plan is to hold KPJ out until Gordon is traded, then slide him into that spot.

11. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Jalen's upside should be obvious by now. I get upset with him when he doesn't bring effort, but responding to Edwards and the Wolves the way that he did showed me what kind of heart he has. He needs time and maturity. A better system and a couple of good vets. I believe in him.

I cursed him out during the previous game. For that I will apologize.

TAB, clutchdabear, Dobbizzle and 3 others like this.
  12. mightybosstone

This.

I'm a Jalen fan. If you're on this forum, you more than likely are, too. We all want to see this kid succeed and be the next great Rocket superstar. But these last two great games he's had do not excuse this terrible season of his as a whole. His advanced stats are all still putrid. His shot form and selection still need work. He still needs to get more consistent, more efficient and dramatically improve on defense.

These two big games are a great building block. Now go out and play a game without going 2-12 with five turnovers and 3+ truly embarrassing moments. Have a long, consistent stretch of improved play where you prove these random performances aren't flukes.

This kid is still insanely young, so I'm giving him, Jabari and most of the other young guys a pretty long runway, but I want more than just the occasional 40-point night surrounded by a sea of awful games. Finish the season by proving that and then someone can post a thread like this.

13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Maybe you put yourself on ignore? :p

#33 AroundTheWorld, Jan 24, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2023
    TAB likes this.
  14. marinara

marinara Member

I don’t get how people want some to succeed and others to fail. All good having favourite players but everyone on the roster plays for your favourite team right?
    Great fan base :)

TheJet, cmoak1982, Dobbizzle and 3 others like this.
  15. marinara

marinara Member

its almost Asif this fan base isn’t used to drafting players and watching them grow.

all them morey years got people blinded.

16. marinara

marinara Member

Idiots

17. Rokman

Rokman Member

I'll tell you what will convince me he's good. He gets his FG% up to 45%+ and his 3P% around 40% and keep it there then actually play defense. I'll be convinced he's good because he actually will be good then.

Nearly any player in the league can get hot one night or another. The good and great ones do it night in and night out.

Corrosion and Mathloom like this.
  18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I think your metrics are way too high on the 3pt shot, but in general I agree with you. His points won't generate wins until he gets his opponent/matchup's output under control that's when your production becomes systemic (i.e. you are generating wins).

I'm not concerned at all with his 3pt shot, as long as it's solid by the time he's 22-23 years old. What's more pressing to me right now is two specific things:

- His defensive positioning and effort
    - His decision making on what to do with the ball after he's beaten his man on offense

We tighten these two things up this season, it would be a huge step for his career. This guy was an ultra skinny high schooler with 30 bubble G League games under his belt when we drafted him. To be debating about how consistency is more important than dropping 40 points is a great problem to have for a 20 year old.

clutchdabear likes this.
  19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Can he please play 2 games in a row well? Can we see any level of consistency? That would be nice.

20. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Jalen needs to go back to that haircut. I miss being able to say "Game, Blouses"