1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green “not going to play anytime soon”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 3, 2021.

1. MystikArkitect

To be fair Mobley was on fire tonight. 6-7-4 in 35 minutes. If you add them all together that's almost one statistic every other minute.

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol sengun does that easily in half the minutes

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Disappointing news. Green is the most exciting player to watch on the rockets.

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

All his strength is in his hair.

5. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Wow after 20 games of his rookie year huh? Move on already?Damn.. .. Like I've said before, the same people clowning him are the same ones that's gonna be wearing a Green jersey, painted finger nails, and a pony tail on his bobblehead night when he gets it together...

everyday eddie and Dobbizzle like this.
  6. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Yikes.

GotGame15, Bobbythegreat and DaDakota like this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We are all rooting for him, every 19 year old needs to work on their game. I have no clue whether he will be good, great, average or not - but he deserves the time to prove himself.

I think a lot of the discussion is how he goes about doing that, some folks want to see him tossed into the grinder for 30+ minutes and damned be the results - others want to see him learn and be successful or earn his starting spot.

In the end, I think we all want him to succeed, even those of us who wanted Mobley.....after all we are all Rocket fans.

DD

Roc Paint, GotGame15, Bo6 and 4 others like this.
  8. solid

solid Contributing Member

This was my concern about Green from the start. He has a high level of athleticism, but looks a tad fragile, especially his legs. Doesn't look like a body type that will "fill out" or muscle up. The NBA is physically brutal. A lot of big bodies moving at a high rate of speed at multiple levels. Tough for a skinny kid to navigate all that.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You know I hear that a lot, but then I see lots of skinny guys doing great, Kevin Durant comes to mind as an example......with the way the game is called these days, I don't think you have to be a physical beast, but you do need to learn where to get your shots and how to seek that space to get it off - and more importantly to make it.

So, I am not worried about his body type etc....more that he needs to learn how to utilize space better.

DD

fattz and topfive like this.
  10. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I really wonder if it was their own analysis or of they let the pressure of the media get to them. Just about everyone in the media pumped this kid up for the last couple years as being a top 1-2 pick because of how he played against lesser competition.
    They didn't want to be wrong and have him turn out to be the next Kobe and they pass on him .....

What few did was break down his game , particularly the shooting aspect - He has one of the ugliest shots I've ever seen in the NBA , its almost a heave rather than a shot with those elbows flailing around ....

He can't play a lick of defense either , he's a poor one on one defender and a lazy team defender.

I recall watching AAU games with him & JC thinking how Christopher was the more complete player & Green was getting his easy finishes from the hard work of the rest of the team , Green needed them to shine. ....
    I feel like Christopher got short changed by being drafted by the same team that drafted Green as he'll never get the same kind of time invested in him being stuck behind him & he really deserves that investment , he displays all the hard work Green talks about ....

And before you call me a Green hater , that's not true at all despite the fact that I wanted Scottie Barnes instead .... I'm a life long Rockets fan , I want the team to succeed and that means their draft pick does too .... I hope he figures it out sooner than later.

GotGame15, jcf and fattz like this.
  11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

What he needs to do is learn to shoot.

His shot is FUGLY. Fix that and you probably have that 25ppg scorer he's been hyped to be .....

fattz likes this.
  12. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Green only fans who can't stand criticism are as weak as his body. :D

Anyway, I would never wish harm for any player.
    Unless his name is Derek Fisher or Draymond Green, of course.

But let's hope he is back soon and proves to be the real deal.

GotGame15 and Corrosion like this.
  13. NewAge

NewAge Member

Also ecstatic: the so-called "Houston Rockets Fans"

javal_lon likes this.
  14. solid

solid Contributing Member

I see your point and the Durant example is a fair comparison except he has been injured and out for long periods. The skinny NBA players are largely shooters and don't usually mix it up with the "down low" brutes. No doubt, spacing is important.

15. BonziWellsGOAT

It seems impossible at this point. It's really a shame tbh

topfive and King1 like this.
  16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it's the short shorts

17. BonziWellsGOAT

Lmao there were a handful of ppl calling him kobe and MJ and these weirdos ran with it. Imagine basing your whole personality around "dunking" on like 8 posters that don't even post really

BigM likes this.
  18. BonziWellsGOAT

I've said it in another post that I agree with you that his shot mechanics need some work but it seems awfully hyperbolic to say he has one of the ugliest shots ever lol cmon now that's silly

majicdonjuan likes this.
  19. NewAge

NewAge Member

Ja Morant mixes it up down low quite a bit... Spacing is important, but is not everything. Basketball is multifactorial.

daywalker02 and BonziWellsGOAT like this.
  20. BonziWellsGOAT

I think alot of ppl are missing the fact that Green's finishing has improved DRASTICALLY from the first 5-10 games. Last I checked he was shooting north of 60% at the rim

NewAge likes this.