1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green “not going to play anytime soon”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Do you not get tired white knighting for the worst player on the Rockets? Like, it's legit an every day thing for you.

I hope he sees it bruh.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

Inadvertently.. Garrison Matthews has been a blessing because I guarantee JG is taking hella mental notes about how to play this game just by watching him from the bench. I’m willing to bet we’ll see way more hustle once he’s back from this injury.

3. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

I’d be willing to bet you’re on every single page of this thread.

DreamShook, BonziWellsGOAT and Ramo$e like this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I get that you're just throwing a tantrum now, upset that people keep saying true things about the player you simp for, but when you make bets in such an emotionally unstable state, you are setting yourself up for failure.

5. NewAge

NewAge Member

That would be lit. But how can you guarantee such a thing? That’s the big Q. Will this kid man up

hakeem94, D-rock and Corrosion like this.
  6. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

He’s a smart kid. What guy doesn’t pay attention to the guy that’s in your spot? And for Garrison to be playing like this during the win streak I just have a feeling Jalen is telling himself he needs to hustle his ass off when the shots aren’t falling. But we’ll see when he gets back

Ramo$e likes this.
  7. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

The thing is, he's barely ****ing played yet in his career! Nobody ****ing knows how good any of these rookies are going to be in 4 years. ****, some of them could have career ending injuries, some of them who look good now can still be massive busts. Has Green been great coming out of the gate? Of course not, but there's a lot of season left and to proclaim his ability set in stone at this stage is pure idiocy. To start claiming benchwarmers playing 10 minutes a game better than him after a couple of ok performances is actually just being ignorant or r****ded, I'll let the people doing it choose which they'd like to be.

8. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Amen brother chuuuch

Dobbizzle and 18pbr like this.
  9. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Hopefully KPj and Jalen took notes and decide to actually run the plays. There is no way Jalen or KpJ didn't have the opportunities Snipa or Matthews had. Mostly Jalen because before Kpj got hurt again he was balling. Seems like they were trying to take their spots going one on one with no muscle unlike like the young hungry G league guys taking what the defense gives and making them pay coming off curls and screen. Jalen had a bad habit of letting the defense set up before attacking. Also a lot of times when the play is broken they throw the ball to Jalen last minute so he can try and invent something which didn't always work out well. Jalen can shoot, he needs to take the same shots.

BonziWellsGOAT likes this.
  10. BonziWellsGOAT

That's the issue right there. "Your guy" shows your mentality. Should be all our guy. I'll say it again, criticism will always be fine with most rational ppl on this board but you just push this tribal mentality when it comes to players on the same team. You'll deny it every time but everyone sees it.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, it does show my mentality, I'm a fan of the team, not of any one player.....and certainly not the worst player on the team.

The issue is that criticism is not acceptable to Jalen Green simps, it never has been. That's how it works with all fans of individual players, they get emptionally attached and lash out against any criticism no matter how valid and obvious it is.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

The strangest ones are the Sengun Stans and how; for whatever reason; they have to denigrate Jalen Green while exalting Alpi!! LOLLL the pettiness that this place has devolved to is fascinating. Clutchfans used to be the pinnacle in ROX fan content and quality of posts and its just turned into another toxic social media cesspool with divided lines and cliques. We all used to be on the same team.

13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

That will be the easy way out - no offense to you in any way. Going all in on trashing this kid is en vogue right now, and in the future if he does reach his potential all these toxic contributors will have to do is say "glad I was wrong" and then all will be forgiven. Nice gig!

14. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I just wish all the "fans" who spend most of their time doing nothing but pulling our players down so they can try and prove they have superior NBA prediction skills would go **** themselves with a rusty anchor tbh. I'm a Rockets fan, I want to celebrate our players, not defend them to their own god damn fanbase every 25 seconds of the day. The fanbase here is toxic as **** tbh.

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Green was getting 11pts in 10 minutes in the same offense as Garry, lets chill saying Green wasn't running the same stuff Garry and Brooks are running.. It was working for him too until he got hurt.. Garry and Brooks probably got notes from Jalen when he went crazy without Theis in the lineup.

also Garry and Brooks have shown growth in the new system without Theis, You guys really think as good as Green looked in 10 minutes, he was going to get worse the more he got accustomed to the system when Garry and Brooks got better.. interesting

off topic: Brooks looks so much more comfortable in the offense though.. this guy looks great when before it looked like he was scared to shoot.

#475 DreamShook, Dec 13, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2021
    D-rock and Rockets4Life13 like this.
  16. NewAge

NewAge Member

We ARE on the same team: Houston Rockets. We like the players who help the team and don’t like the players who hurt the team. That’s how it’s always has been. Alpi is helping the Rockets and Jalen Green is hurting the Rockets. All your rhetoric is highly illogical.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

D-rock, Ramo$e and hakeem94 like this.
  18. NewAge

NewAge Member

Question: Does this disturbing sexual fantasy of yours also apply to the "fans" who "pulled down" John Wall, Eric Gordon and D. Theis?

BigShasta and J.R. like this.
  19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

If you see that as a sexual fantasy....

Verbal Christ likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Are they 19 years of age where those alleged fans gave up on them after 19 games calling them busts while also making up things about their lifestyles like making comments about their work ethic and also saying they are feminine as an insult?

Verbal Christ and Ramo$e like this.