1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green “not going to play anytime soon”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 3, 2021.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

No problem, as you previously said I think KPJ and him have similar pair of skillset they can co-exist but it is to the detriment of very good basketball for now.

That would come to bite Stone in his hard behind.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Do you understand what is in Montrose?

I certainly did not get that one.

BossHogg713 likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yup, gym trainers are gym rats as well.

4. NewAge

NewAge Member

Are you Houstonian?

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I see KPJ as much further along - particularly on defense.

DD

clos4life likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Did you see HPartner's chart, the difference is minimal but okay.

Green's Offense was a tad better in the limited timespan.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Did it take into account defense?

Either way, whichever is going to be the PG, should be playing......more....

DD

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

A lot of that was having to be on the court with Green though. Green is such a bad player right now that he drags down everyone who is unfortunate enough to be sharing the court with him. KPJ's numbers when he's not weighed down by Green are considerably better.

You don't blame the person for the anchor on their chest.

10. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Don’t agree with you often, but this is correct. If you look at KPJ as an average for the season then his numbers look bad. However, the five games or so before his injury he looked amazing on both sides of the court. He is going to be a really good player and PG. So is JC. I’m hoping for Green to become great, but I really hate his shooting mechanics and if he doesn’t become a very good 3 pt shooter his athleticism alone is not going to make him elite.

Corrosion likes this.
  11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Ahhhh yes its Monday aka Fk Jalen Green Day around these parts! Its going to be so much fun pulling out the receipts in the near future. I cant wait.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Keep holding on to hope. In a year or two Green might eventually become a decent player, but that won't change the fact that your guy is absolutely awful right now.

13. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I really hope Green is elite and am excited to see him progress. I would like to see them ease him back into the lineup so he can gain some confidence playing against second units. I also believe he will need an off-season or two to build up his body to make the next step towards stardom. I would gladly fall on my sword if he makes a giant step this year.

14. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

The level of delusion from the Mobley stans is actually insane at this point. They'll scream til they're blue in the face that Green is a complete bust whilst trying to prop up other names who haven't shown remotely as much as if they're more of a sure thing. It's r****ded. Seriously wish they'd just **** off and be Cav fans and make all sides happy.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

This is confession through projection. You seem to think that simply becuase YOU are a player only type fan, that means others are.

Pointing out the fact that Jalen Green has been one of the worst players in the NBA thus far has nothing to do with any other player be it on this team or any other team.

Also, to be clear, Jalen Green isn't a "bust" yet....I don't think anyone should suggest he is. He's just a really terrible player right now....that happens when you are talking about a super raw rookie who relies exclusively on freak athleticism and every other part of his game is entirely undeveloped. Green being a bust or not being a bust will depend as to how well he develops those parts of the game. If he learns how to play basketball, he could be VERY good one day, if he doesn't....well, then he'll be a bust.

There's no way to know right now which will happen.

ArtV, RocketOrg and NewAge like this.
  16. VanityHalfBlack

how long this fool sittin out though? Did he asked if he could play, he doing drills, 2 on 2, 3 on 3? He be at practice at all? All I see is him on the bench dressing like he going to coachella festival, sup?

TheRealist137 and cmoak1982 like this.
  17. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

Do you not get tired of talking down on Jalen? Like it’s legit an every day thing for you.

harold bingo likes this.
  18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Last report was like 2 days ago, seems he's moving well but the Rockets are holding him (and KPJ) out until they are 100%.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I've been pretty down on Green myself but I have to admit this is correct that it's sort of out of hand. Plus in a couple years it might be arguable that Sengun +Green is more valuable than Mobley in a vacuum because of the style of play of our team. If Green can develop into a wing scorer at a Bradley Beal sort of level with Sengun running a corner offense with an Adelman type of coaching system, this could be a freaking fun team for years that could win some games.

All the while Mobley could very well end up being Kevin Garnett with the Wolves where he's probably a better player, but he'll always be known as all-star on a crappy team until he was a veteran, and joined a superteam.

Green got a wake up call the first couple months of the season... but he still has the talent he had last Summer which still has the potential for him to be at the very least a solid Kerry Kittles type of wing. At best he's Bradley Beal on a good team. I'm excited about the future, and I think more than the top down approach, what we build from a chemistry & style of play standpoint might actually be more important than drafting the best talent on a bad team.

20. NewAge

NewAge Member

I think he’s being constantly provoked by the JGOFs, and can’t just let it slide…