1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green “not going to play anytime soon”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 3, 2021.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

And who are you? His mother? You can look at his body and tell that the weight room is calling his name. Please consider the fact that there are other 19 year olds in the NBA on other teams that are serious contributors to their squads already. Additionally, there are two 19 year olds on his own team that are out performing him regularly and yes contributing to this team. Either he isn’t working hard enough or he just not that good. Sorry If this hurts your feelings then I dunno, go fill out a “ hurt feelings” report.

Either way Man-bun Mamba needs to step his game up because there are guys on the court (on his team) that seem to play much harder (aged 19- 25) and actually contribute. If expecting him to perform is asking too much then the Rockets blew the Number 2 pick in the draft.

#382 TEXNIFICENT, Dec 11, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
  3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Can you even play defense while being stationary

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

So again, on asking you how do you know he's not busting his ass?

If you are counting Josh Christopher as one of the two 18 year olds who plays spot up minutes against opponent's scrubs, then I disagree. Sengun definitely has a head start right now so I agree with that.

Which 19 year old guards are contributing to wins right now?

Anyways you just seem like an angry boomer who thinks that someone who doesn't speak or dress a certain way doesn't have good work ethic.

5. BonziWellsGOAT

He thinks because he isnt jacked after a couple months means he isnt working out lmao. Dude has clearly never been in a gym and doesnt know how strength progression works. Its why these dudes "magically" get bigger over the offseason. Strength training doesnt happen over night and players generally do most of it in the offseason when they arent practicing and ya know, doing basketball stuff

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I was thinking the same also. It takes months to years to build muscle. Also the leaner you are the harder it is to gain muscle without gaining fat. Also at 19, full muscle development for most young adults hasn't happened yet. Also, it's near impossible to gain muscle mass during a NBA season because the calorie expenditure from full NBA games and practice. That is a lot of high intensity cardio that makes it harder to get the calorie surplus to gain muscle.

Bo6 and BonziWellsGOAT like this.
  7. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Whats Evan Mobley up to?

D-rock likes this.
  8. BonziWellsGOAT

People are just talking outta their ass. His biceps havent gotten bigger so he isnt working is peak idiot logic. Also it takes like 30 second to take a picture and post it for anyone who thinks because he posts on social media alot like most 19 year olds means he isnt working hard is also stupid

fchowd0311 likes this.
  9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

When Wood and Theis are on the court together it doesn’t even look like the Rockets are playing basketball. They even nerfed Matthews. People in here trying to say the streak was all on Green. Get out of here.

10. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Green has potential, but JC has been outplaying him at this point.

GotGame15 and Crashlanded19 like this.
  11. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Well hey man my bad, I clearly don’t know what I’m looking at. But I will say that Sengun and Christopher both 19ish have outplayed Green at “the basketball stuff.” Maybe we can send Green’s weight lifting, and hardworking 19 year old ass back to the GLeague until he gets it together? Is that ok? Additionally, maybe we can bring him off the bench since he’s 19 and needs time.Or Should he be guaranteed starter’s minutes too? I would play Christopher over him right now.
    I’m just disappointed, I was expecting him to be the best rookie on his own team. Which he clearly is not.

12. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

15 points and 15 rebounds tonight... +20 for the +/- in the boxscore... Team in 5th place in the Eastern Conference. Man we whiffed.

13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Unbelievable

14. BonziWellsGOAT

I think more of it is Sengun may have been severely underrated. Sengun was a real professional and an MVP no less. Also guards and bigs translate differently to the NBA as rookies. Green obviously has things he needs to work on but the context of historical rookie guards play and that awful 2 big lineup needs to be taken into account. He has clearly flashed lots of potential of the player I believe he will become. His play, numbers eye test wise have clearly steadily improved and drastically in the last handful he has played. Players like him need space more than players like Sengun. As for JC, he has only really played 2 games with real extended minutes and he has looked good but lets not go crazy

15. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Huh? All the advanced stats absolutely do not back this up. I can't find any advanced stat that backs this up. He's a great player for sure but I don't see anything that has him as the best on the team.

16. swakid8

swakid8 Member

Man you are definitely reaching with your takes…. yes offense. No one here knows what kind of work Jalen Green is putting in. So to sit there and say that he isn’t busting his ass without know his day to day routine…. Come on man.

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Sucks but it's true. Green might still be alright but we missed a generational talent.

GotGame15, D-rock and cmoak1982 like this.
  18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Rockets got their own generational talents in Sengun, Jalen Green and JC.. I feel sorry for you Mobley nut-huggers..

19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I do think Mobley and Sengun would have been crazy. I think Green and Sengun have potential too

J Sizzle and D-rock like this.
  20. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Maybe work ethic has nothing to do with it. Maybe he’s just not very good. I was expecting more. We flat missed on Mobley tho.

Corrosion likes this.