1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Jalen Green’s shooting form

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by weopeo9744, Aug 6, 2021.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's probably because he's been blocked so many times already this season.

2. dmoneybangbang

And himself and Woods are the only two to get consistent free throws. He's trying to figure out how to be aggressive out there. It's not as bad as it seems Mr Corey Brewer.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Who is Woods?

Corey could get to the line too

4. dmoneybangbang

So could James Harden..... since we are throwing out dumb sh*t comparisons.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, but Harden was actually good, so there's no comparison.

Corey Brewer got to the line 3.3 times per 36 minutes for his career, Jalen Green is at 3.7

James Harden is at 9.1

Again, I'm making legitimate comparisons, not ridiculously trying to compare someone who has been terrible thus far to HOFers.

6. dmoneybangbang

Legitimate comparisons after 9 games of total NBA experience?

Corey Brewer career 819 games. That's a legitimate comparison?

Run along kiddo.....

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

not for long. which makes the NBA a terrible product that's hard to watch

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yes....which is why I've said "thus far", try reading more closely instead of throwing a tantrum and we can avoid these kinds of situations.

When I say "thus far" I'm talking about what we've seen so far from him, not what you hope he one day becomes.

Well, his career numbers will stay pretty high even if his current numbers dip.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  9. dmoneybangbang

So then you are comparing Brewer's rookie season to Green's rookie season..........? Or you are comparing Brewer's 819 career games to Green's "thus far" career of 9 games?

Gimme some rope here.....

xaos likes this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm comparing Brewer as a player to who Green currently is as a player.

Super skinny, fast, athletic, streak shooters who aren't primary ball handlers but can score in bunches when they happen to be hot. Their speed and athleticism makes them good in transition and they can often get past defenders with their quick first step, but it often leads to nothing because they aren't very good finishers partly due to their skinny, weak frame.

Brewer was that and never became more than that. Green IS that, and we're currently hoping he develops into more than that. For the record, Brewer was notably a better defender than Green, though it's not like he was all that good. Green is more athletic than Brewer.

NewAge likes this.
  11. dmoneybangbang

That's what I thought, you are comparing Brewer's 819 NBA games to Green's 9 NBA games.

xaos likes this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm comparing Brewer's skillset to Green's. Brewer's never evolved, it's to be determined if Green's will.

13. dmoneybangbang

Right.... Brewer had 819 games to evolve......

Green is just getting his feet wet at 9 games....

It's odd you aren't comparing their rookie seasons.... but yet you are comparing overall skillsets and build.

xaos likes this.
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Do I have to bring out the crayons for you to finally understand this conversation?

Brewer NEVER evolved his game. It's possible Green could follow in Brewer's footsteps.

Sure we HOPE that isn't the case, but as of RIGHT NOW the player we have is basically a Corey Brewer type.

Comparing their rookie seasons from a boxscore standpoint would be problematic given that Brewer played 10 fewer minutes per game and Green is chucking over twice as many shots per game

But if you insist, Brewer had a -0.005 win shares per 48 minutes, Green currently has -0.030

Brewer's rookie offensive rating was 91 and his defensive rating was 110

Green's is currently 89 on offense and 111 on defense.

SO yeah, pretty close, but Green is worse, though he's able to compile more stats due to more playing time, more usage, and more chucking.

15. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Can we just ban you from all of clutch fans so you stop hijacking every thread like a dumbass?

I need to figure out how to block on my phone

dookiester likes this.
  16. dmoneybangbang

I just don't understand why you would compare the two players the way you did. Seems overly negative and pessimistic after 9 NBA games..... But clearly this is more of an emotional comparison after so few games. Can't even wait until 10 games or a quarter through the season to go with the Corey Brewer comparisons.

You do you kiddo.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Please do, I encourage all simple minded screechers to do so in order to not derail threads with whining nonsense.

Tell me why you think I'm wrong or don't waste my time.

You don't understand why I would compare two similar players?

Well, I guess that just says it all now doesn't it?

18. dmoneybangbang

Similar in your mind..... I suppose that does say it all.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I've gone to great lengths to show how they are similar.....and they are as of now.

Will that always be the case? Maybe, maybe not, but the similarities are there.

I know, you must be one of those ridiculous fanbois who think he's the next coming of MJ or whatever, that's fine for you to have those wild fantasies, but I'm basing things in reality here.

20. dmoneybangbang

No.... I'm just a reasonable poster who wouldn't make comparisons after 9 games especially Corey Brewer comparisons.

The fan bois and the haters are both equally annoying with their wild fantasies and awful comparisons....

xaos likes this.