1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen & Chet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htownfan_9210, Apr 15, 2022.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

^ a guy who died on Rudy Gay mountain.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

no he isn't, not even close

D-rock likes this.
  3. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Rudy Gay still playing in the nba correct? I'm not going to go down that hill, but the rockets never had anyone to pickup the scoring with Yao and McGrady. To this day, it was a mistake to give up the #8 for a bench guy when you had trouble putting the ball in the hole

4. leebigez

I'm assuming you've never watch him play to say he's not a good mid range shooter. If you haven't ,go do your research.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

lmao stop this trash. dude is embarrassing when it comes to anything dealing with a jumpshot. miss me with the you never watch him play

I've literally laughed at him all year long in the AAC that isn't anything outside of a dunk. do yourself a favor and stop making up bad information. you will get caught around here

smoothie likes this.
  6. leebigez

This team isn't close to being elite in anything. Offense,defense, effort, nothing.

smoothie likes this.
  7. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

agreed that duren will slip to mid-late lotto probably.

most teams probably place less value on shot blocking rim running centers as its usually easy to find cheaper versions later in the draft. hard to find more skilled archetypes of guys who can dribble/pass/shoot and play multiple positions.

maybe 10 years ago he'd be a top 3 pick, but not anymore.

8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I happen to think the same way regarding all 4 of the top prospects

chet & jalen = elite offensive force with elite defensive force
    jabari & jalen = elite shooting pair. new splash brothers.
    paolo & jalen = 1-2 scoring punch. PnR & DHO together would cause havoc.
    jaden & jalen = most athletic backcourt in the league (maybe ever?). fast break and iso games would be very tough to stop.

honestly any of them would be great.

since its very close between the 4, I lean towards the forwards to give sengun and KPJ a chance to grow.

9. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This thread turned into a Battier/Rudy Gay trade debate? Some of y'all take the score-keeping on this site way too seriously. The only one making money off of Clutchfans is Clutch...maybe. Tillman probably just gonna f*ck the team at a critical moment again anyways.

BigggReddd and Jontro like this.
  10. leebigez

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxyhQXevYnHOzO8Dq8fzzOZOvO6Ku2RJwE

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

2 of your scenarios would have Rockets becoming even more of a sieve on defense.

At least initially.

13. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I view this pick as if jalen was the only player on the roster. I also view jalen as becoming at least an average defender. that fact that this team is bad on defense is the fault of personnel who largely won't be around during our next playoff appearance (players and coaches alike).

you might have chet and jabari ahead of banchero and Ivey, and I can't argue with you. I'm just saying the latter two are pretty good pairings with jalen as well. I would be excited to have any of them. although admittedly I prefer ivey 4th, but clearly above anyone remaining after him in the draft.

xaos and D-rock like this.
  14. leebigez

Yeah, I forgot that you were all anything in college. You act like a 18 yr old is a finished product. You fail to recognize traits. I'm not going to argue with you, believe what you may and we will see in the future. Argue with yourself former jr high player

15. leebigez

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh so now its about him not being a finished product. look at that goal post move. You literally said he is a a good mid range shooter which he isn't and isn't even close to being. fail to recognize traits? the trait that his jump shot is bad, that one

there's nothing to argue. you threw a dart at the wall, clearly not knowing wtf you were talking about and it was dumb. then proceed to post some random youtube vid as if it means anything. go learn something relevant. not surprising your rep is as bad it is

D-rock likes this.
  17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I highly doubt Duren is 6’11

D-rock likes this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Dude looks like he's 6'9.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  19. leebigez

When I saw him standing next to Josh Carlton in FW at the AAC Tourney,he looks a little taller than Carlton who is 6'10

20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

He looked small next to Chet. Chet might be taller than 7’ though