1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen and Jacoby on Josh Smith

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballplayer, Jan 11, 2015.

1. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Jalen has a interesting take on Josh and how Josh's inability to shoot effects the offense, and talks about who is Houston's missing piece.

1st 15 to 20 mins they go hard on Detroit and Houston.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kk5SZz83Umk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#1 ballplayer, Jan 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  2. mario_v

mario_v Member

Josh smith is playing an absolutely moronic brand of basketball at a hilariously low level.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Rose was born in Detroit, btw. Just saying so ppl won't say he's being anti Rocket.

4. mario_v

mario_v Member

Notice how jalen rose said jsmoove is a terrible fit and Terrance jones is the key to the rockets success.

But clutchfans would have you believe that jones is a scrub and should be Josh's backup...:rolleyes:

5. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

LMAO at 9:30

Jalen is spot on

also gives TJones credit at 13:30

#5 Amel, Jan 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i just can't bring myself to listen to this POS after he broke mario elie's wrist

7. opticon

opticon Member

They also give Dmo some love.

8. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

Jalen did a 180 on Josh Smith. 3-4 year ago when he was playing for Atlanta, he was so high on him. Talking about how dynamic he is. I guess the continuous mistakes got to him when Smith played for his team. Anyway I have a feeling that Josh will flip the script in Houston.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

To be fair, Josh Smith did a 180 when he got to Detroit (partly his fault, partly not-- but he was worse than he was in Atlanta).

10. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I don't understand how people can boast Jones by critiquing Smith. To me, Smith is Jones' ceiling. Sure Smith takes horrible shots but defensively and how Smith should be playing offesively (rolling to the basket, clean up, smart playmaking) is exactly how Jones should play.

Switching Jones for Smith doesn't make this team better. It makes them worst.

I'm still high on Smith and Jones. I think Smith can provide some game changing plays for us that none of our other big men can't do since they don't have the talent; namely, chase down blocks and amazing passes off the roll. Jones, if he comes back and we can fit him in the rotation, can really help this team by doing what's he is best at; clean up guy, roller and on the fast break.

11. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Isn't josh playing well off the bench though? I'm actually pleased with how he is playing his role.

1 person likes this.
  12. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

doesn't make a lot of sense considering he's saying the issue is that his man doesn't need to guard him, terrence's doesn't either

13. Nook

Nook Member

What do people expect?

He has done well overall with the Rockets.

14. alethios

alethios Member

Exactly, he was in a bad situation in Detroit because they had a glut of people in his position and he was acting as a primary scorer. Here he can focus more on defense and rebounding than trying to get his shot on every possession. I think Kenny Smith alluded to this when Barkley was going off on Josh Smith the other night.

15. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

I wasn't high on smith when they talked about him being the number three a couple of years back. He is where he should be, with the second unit. My concern is from the interview I have heard lately it sounds like he thinks his bench role is temporary, that scares me. It was a few games but the chemistry looked good between Terrence and Harden before he got hurt. It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

Terrence must be dying watching all this unfold without him.

16. HRox832

HRox832 Member

Wow you don't like him because of THAT? Haaahaaaa. That was YEARSSS ago. Get over it. Jalen Rose is a cool guy and he knows his basketball

17. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Smoove has been awesome off the bench. He's fine taking open shots if completely wide open because you have to keep te defense honest at times but not shoot all the time. Only time he took too many outside shots was vs Bulls.

18. glenadyll

glenadyll Contributing Member

One thing that both Smith and Jones have both shown Rockets fans is that they are pretty inconsistent from night to night. Both have nights where they look like stars and nights where they look like...not.

By having both on the team, McHale will be able to ride whoever is going well for the night. He has always been pretty decent about playing the hot hand, so I trust that he will not be too locked on one of them if they aren't getting it done.

19. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

I don't know what you are talking about. He has been really solid coming off the bench for us.

20. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I disagree. Jones can get you 20 points without a play ran for him. Smith needs the ball in his hands a lot more to be effective. Jones is a much better "garbage" man than Smith. He is also much smarter offensively.

Now if you say that on the defensive end, Smith is Jones' ceiling, then I'd agree.