1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jake Delhomme out David Carr in

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by david12sfa, Oct 8, 2007.

1. david12sfa

david12sfa Member

Just came out

KFFL Breaking News
    Delhomme Out for Season

ESPNews reports Carolina Panthers QB Jake Delhomme (elbow) will require surgery and miss the remainder of the season.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Oh well, too bad for the Panthers. May as well start preparing for the draft.

3. david12sfa

david12sfa Member

What is the over-under on games until Steve Smith throws Carr under the bus?

4. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Next game.

5. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I guess Hillboy can't call us out for taking shots at Carr considering the fact that we won this week.

He didn't play TOO badly yesterday, but they are screwed

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Wrong forum.

7. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

This is gonna be exciting...I'll actually find myself wanting to check out Panthers games. I just wish we played them with Carr starting.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Now THAT would have been fun.

9. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

This is in the wrong forum.

As much as I defended that Carr wasn't 100% of the reason for the 2-14 or 6-8 records, I want to point out that this is not the right forum. :eek: Please move this.

10. msn

msn Member

David Carr is a point of interest to many of us here. If you don't like it, don't click the link. And stop whining.

11. david12sfa

david12sfa Member

It probably is the wrong forum but the point is that how ever David Carr preforms is going to reflect on the Texans being that he was their first draft pick ever. If he preforms well it is the Texans fault for not putting the talent around him. If he fails maybe the offensive line might catch a break from the press as one of the worst in the NFL the past few years.

12. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

"Watching" the Carolina game on Sportsline, all I saw in the play-by-play record was "short pass left", "short pass right", etc. If Carr doesn't start throwing the ball down the field in the near future, I fully expect Steve Smith to snap and execute a "flawless" Mortal Kombat fatality move on him. Smith deserves better.

Carr to Smith: "Not the face! Not the face!"

13. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Well it looks like I need to release Delhomme from my fantasy team. But no way in hell am I going to pick up Carr to replace him. I would like to get someone who, you know, I could actually start.

14. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

A huge blow to Steve Smith drafters everywhere.

15. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

The Panthers season is OVER.

Their max victory margin for any game that they win will be 3 pts, that's as good as they can expect with Carr playing.

Isn't Aaron Books available? They should sign him up.

16. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

pick up warner

17. david12sfa

david12sfa Member

And poor Carr does not have the luxury of just throwing the ball up for grabs and hope that your 6-4 horse of a wideout grabs it nowdays. True that all S.Smith owners should try to trade him fast.

18. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

After all the years of defending Carr...and after the comment he made after the week 1 Panthers victory...I have this steaming hatred for the guy. I hope he crashes and burns. I'll light up a cigar at season's end.

19. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

That's exactly what I did. What's even funnier is that I originally had Delhomme AND Leinart. I released Leinart last week because I wanted no part of that stupid Wisenhunt dueling QB ****. Now, here I am picking up one of those QBs but this time, he doesn't have to share playing time with another QB.

20. CoolGuy

CoolGuy Contributing Member

what he say after week one? Also, what forum does this thread belong in, and why do people find the need to b**** about it not being there?